New Texas Overlord Suggests We Stop Babyboomer Dinosaurs From Running For Office

InMAGAWeTrust

Alright boomers, what do you think?

We have a min age but no max. I think the min age is a fair requirement, and think a max age should absolutely be put in place. 

Boomers have had political control for multiple decades at this point, and all they’ve done is print money we don’t have and  increase the cost of school, housing, & healthcare, while simultaneously blaming every generation (including people who can’t even vote yet) but themselves. 

8 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Alright boomers, what do you think?

We have a min age but no max. I think the min age is a fair requirement, and think a max age should absolutely be put in place. 

Boomers have had political control for multiple decades at this point, and all they’ve done is print money we don’t have and  increase the cost of school, housing, & healthcare, while simultaneously blaming every generation (including people who can’t even vote yet) but themselves. 

Since we are going to age discriminate.....why not color of skin? 

In texas, no judge older than 74 can run for office... something similar should also be in place for all elected officials. Perhaps with an older age.  

Age is pretty subjective though.... you'd never believe that Biden is practically the same age as Trump... Biden's physical/mental condition is way, way worse than trump. 

I’m 76 but still fairly well mentally, but nothing like I was.  Last week saw a guy on TV in his 90’s.  He appeared to be more cognizant than me.  Bottom line, some older folks can still function well & some can’t.  That’s true, to a lesser degree, in younger folks.

I'm all for discriminating against age in this situation.  I'm also all for requiring senior citizens to pass periodic driving tests to prove they're still capable.  I just use that example because politics and driving are both situations where you have a minimum age requirement (for good and obvious reasons), but could use an age maximum for the exact same reasons.  

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I'm all for discriminating against age in this situation.  I'm also all for requiring senior citizens to pass periodic driving tests to prove they're still capable.  I just use that example because politics and driving are both situations where you have a minimum age requirement (for good and obvious reasons), but could use an age maximum for the exact same reasons.  

Can't agree with this one.  You can't simply choose an age that you think someone may no longer be competent for a job...there's no set age for mental degradation and you could be throwing out a lot of wisdom while at the same time having "young and qualified" fools in office that have no better qualification than simply age.  We already have a mechanism in place to take care of situations like Biden, the Republicans just simply won't apply it as the Democrats tried (complete circus) on Trump.

We had this same conversation back in 2016.  I had a coworker who was retiring and her overall work performance and mental acuity were greatly diminished.  The kicker is that she is exactly the same age as Hillary.  You mental state and abilities are not the same as somebody else who was born in the same timeframe 65 years ago.  It varies.  

20 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

But you did ...." I think the min age is a fair requirement, and think a max age should absolutely be put in place." 

Yeah, I mentioned age discrimination I never mentioned skin color. 

On 12/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, thetragichippy said:

Since we are going to age discriminate.....why not color of skin? 

You ask why not.. I ask.. why? Curious to hear your thoughts 

20 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Seems most people here have no issue with the min age requirement, including myself, but are passionate defenders of not adding a max age requirement. Interesting observation 🧐🤔

On 12/7/2021 at 4:14 PM, baddog said:

Thanks to baby boomers, we live in the greatest country in the world. Let the dims have their way, look at a day in the life of Russians, Chinese, or Venezuelans.

Based off the bazillion topics here crying about Biden, one can make a case that baby boomers are also destroying the greatest country in the world. 

4 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Based off the bazillion topics here crying about Biden, one can make a case that baby boomers are also destroying the greatest country in the world. 

No, that would be your generation. Biden is a puppet of the communists. They always refer to him as the Biden “Administration”. Biden can’t even wipe his own backside, let alone deal with Russia and China. The identity crisis generation is too confused to have any organizational thought processes to run things. I would say you are an 80’s kid and that explains a whole lot. No respect for your elders ( I would have received a gentle slap across my face for not saying no ma’am and no sir). 

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

No, that would be your generation. Biden is a puppet of the communists. They always refer to him as the Biden “Administration”. Biden can’t even wipe his own backside, let alone deal with Russia and China. The identity crisis generation is too confused to have any organizational thought processes to run things. I would say you are an 80’s kid and that explains a whole lot. No respect for your elders ( I would have received a gentle slap across my face for not saying no ma’am and no sir). 

Imagine being the generation that has been in political power for like.. literally 3-4 decades, and then passing the blame onto the next generation. 

Phew can’t make this stuff up 

12 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Imagine being the generation that has been in political power for like.. literally 3-4 decades, and then passing the blame onto the next generation. 

Imagine not being so self-absorbed so as to make meaningful decisions that benefit everyone. You made up your ego! Phew

12 minutes ago, baddog said:

Imagine not being so self-absorbed so as to make meaningful decisions that benefit everyone. You made up your ego! Phew

Yeah dawg I’ll pass on the trillion dollar deficits, across the board higher cost of living, and the various bailout/stimulus packages that I didn’t receive a dime from

31 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

By the numbers: 19% of millennials and 12% of Gen Z said they thought the Communist Manifesto "better guarantees freedom and equality for all" than the Declaration of Independence. That's compared to just 2% of baby boomers and 5% of Gen X.

Just 7% of boomers said they had at least a "somewhat favorable" view of communism — compared to more than a third of millennials and more than a quarter of Gen Z.

Phew, can't make this stuff up...can't blame this thinking on boomers either.

8 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Yeah dawg I’ll pass on the trillion dollar deficits, across the board higher cost of living, and the various bailout/stimulus packages that I didn’t receive a dime from

10 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Wahhhhh!!!! Typical liberal crybaby. What do you call a $3.7 trillion bill your boy Biden wants to pass? Grow up. Seek help. 

42 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. has plenty of people to thank for his election win over incumbent President Donald Trump. But voting data shows he should be especially grateful for the support of young voters—in particular, young voters of color.

Nationwide, 61 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds voted for Biden, while 36 percent voted for Trump, according to analysis from the Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE), the non-partisan research center on youth engagement at Tufts University’s Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life. That’s higher than the level of youth support Hillary Clinton received from young voters in 2016. About half of eligible 18- to 29-year-olds voted, and CIRCLE projects that could rise to 56 percent when all votes are counted.

Can't blame this on boomers either, they don't vote based on their little feelings.

1 hour ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Seems most people here have no issue with the min age requirement, including myself, but are passionate defenders of not adding a max age requirement. Interesting observation 🧐🤔

It's a grey area... we've all pretty much decided (well, except for the far lefties that want to allow children to vote) that 18 y/o is a minimum voting age.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only elected position for which there is a minimum age requirement is the Presidency. Other that that particular office (and I concede that it's an important one), there really aren't any minimum age requirements to hold political office.  

And the max age one is hard... I know people who have totally lost their marbles due to Alzheimer's at 56 years old... and some 73 year olds that are capable of running large firms.  It's the same with drivers licensing.  At some point we all lose the ability, but the number of days since our individual birth is pretty much irrelevant to that lost ability.  

I absolutely think old people should have to start taking driving tests to maintain their license... but ask me how I feel about that in 15 years and you'll probably get a different response.  That's what most of these of boys are having problems with... it's a completely different scenario when it's your time to face losing your privileges.