Houston officer kills pedestrian while attempting to assist in pursuit….

tvc184

if I understand this correctly, a woman reported that she was robbed at gunpoint. The suspects took her pickup and HPD jumped them a short time later. The pursuit ended in an apartment complex and officers began chasing five suspects on foot. Part or possibly all of them might have been armed. Other units assisted in the potential shoot out but one of the responding units ran over and killed a pedestrian.

This is the hidden content, please

Loss control. I was coming from bridge city to 39th and twin city for a 10-50 major. It was after a rain. We had another ambulance coming down 39th from park place to meet us. I could see them approaching the intersection and starting to slow down, I was about 2 blocks away. Then The lights seem to speed up and then an abrupt stop. They hydroplaned and rear ended a car…..now instead of two wrecks, there were three. Accidents do happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad deal all around.  The cop has to live with that for the rest of his/her life, and a family lost someone for no reason due to a terrible accident.  I’m kind of curious… in this particular case is the race of the pedestrian relevant, as the writer of the article seems to think?  If a civilian was involved instead of an officer, would the victim be identified as “a black man in his 40s?” Just seemed strange to me 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Bad deal all around.  The cop has to live with that for the rest of his/her life, and a family lost someone for no reason due to a terrible accident.  I’m kind of curious… in this particular case is the race of the pedestrian relevant, as the writer of the article seems to think?  If a civilian was involved instead of an officer, would the victim be identified as “a black man in his 40s?” Just seemed strange to me 

Race gets political points and gets clicks in the media.

In this case the race of neither the police officer nor the victims is relevant to anything. It is a fact of whatever race they were but it is not relevant to the incident.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    raha215
    Newest Member
    raha215

• QuickBooks Online Support +1-844-397-7462 offers 24*7 technical support to users, helping them troubleshoot software related issues, resolve errors, and optimize performance. This may involve diagnosing and fixing software glitches, installation and setup guidance, network configuration, data file management, and resolving compatibility issues. Step by step instructions to convey This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up . There are a few choices accessible for junkies to impart QuickBooks Enterprise Backing. These choices incorporate arriving at QuickBooks Enterprise Support by Telephone One of the fastest and most available ways of imparting QuickBooks Enterprise Support is by calling their client support number.
    • Call us on: "+1 (844)-397-7462* (Quick Response - No waiting)"//"+1-844-INTUIT-397-7462" Call us on: "+1 (844)-397-7462*"(Quick Response - No waiting)"//"+1-844-INTUIT-397-7462"   Are you a This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up user navigating through challenges and seeking swift solutions? Look no further! Call us on: +1 (844)-397-7462* for Quick Response - No waiting!    As a dedicated user of QuickBooks Enterprise, I understand the importance of smooth financial management in today's fast-paced business world. While the software is a powerful ally in streamlining operations, occasional hiccups can hinder the seamless experience. That's where QuickBooks Enterprise support comes to the rescue, ensuring that your business operations continue to thrive without interruption.   Why QuickBooks Enterprise Support?    Global Reach: QuickBooks Enterprise support is accessible globally, offering assistance to users across different time zones. No matter where you are, help is just a call away.    Quick Response Time: Dialing +1 (844)-397-7462* ensures a rapid response with no waiting time. Say goodbye to long queues and hello to instant support.   ️ Comprehensive Solutions: The support team is well-versed in all aspects of QuickBooks Enterprise. Whether you're facing issues with installation, data migration, or software functionality, they've got you covered.    Business-Centric Approach: QuickBooks Enterprise support understands the unique needs of businesses. The solutions provided are tailored to address the specific challenges faced by enterprises, ensuring a customized and effective resolution.  
    • The military industrial complex is salivating!   
    • WOW!  Looky here!  FBI opens a criminal probe on the ship that destroyed the Baltimore bridge.  Ol' JoeBama admin originally said they can rule out terrorism and really don't think there was any foul play taking place.  And now this...   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics