Crosby vs Liberty Hill - Predictions

Cougtalk

19 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I hate that - Crowd noise shouldn't be artificial. Any idiot can bang things together. Like putting ball bearings in steel drums -- it's just interfering with the game. I wish it wasn't tolerated. 

If people have to hear Cherokee then cowbells are allowed. Sounds about the the same to me!

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Wellllll, technically the last team with the ball didn’t win last year😏

We’ll… I think a fumble had something to do with that situation. It definitely wasn’t y’all’s defense last year. Lol. They scored what 54 on y’all in regulation?

45 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

We’ll… I think a fumble had something to do with that situation. It definitely wasn’t y’all’s defense last year. Lol. They scored what 54 on y’all in regulation?

Doesn’t matter who how or what happened lol, last team with the ball lost.  That was one of the games you hate to see someone lose.  Definitely on the edge of the seat exciting.

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Houston Chronicle write-up:

This is the hidden content, please

“Coach Poth has a great defensive scheme,” Tisdom said. “It’s simple, and it puts everybody in the perfect position to make plays. He preaches all the time to do our job, and everything else will take care of itself.”

Never has this been truer than this week. 

25 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Liberty Hill is good but I sure am glad #42 graduated. 

Even with him AND #20 having huge days it took Crosby falling apart with a two td lead in the fourth quarter for them to come back. Went and re-watched the game and there's a number of "simple" things that Crosby could've done to have it not finish the way it did. The main one is Crosby being up 8 points with a few minutes left and allowing LH to recover an onside kick and eventually score. To compound that Dunn fumbles at the 50 yardline on our last drive in regulation when it looks like we're about to go right back down the field and score to seal it. 

Coach Poth's most recent stops have been at Rudder and Marshall respectively but he's originally a South Texas guy and has seen plenty of the slot-t when he was the DC at Somerset. I think we'll be a lot better prepared this year. 

5 minutes ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Got my tickets but i could get GA tickets.  They dont specify Home or away.  Anyone elses like that?

They all are General Admission tickets and no they won’t specify home or visitor. But if you want to sit with the good guys, we are Visitors. 

2 minutes ago, CCRed said:

They all are General Admission tickets and no they won’t specify home or visitor. But if you want to sit with the good guys, we are Visitors. 

I knew y'all were visitors.  Reason I asked was last year Crosby's side was sold out and i was stuck on the purple side lol..

20 hours ago, CougarCal said:

If people have to hear Cherokee then cowbells are allowed. Sounds about the the same to me!

I don't mind the noise makers when its at the appropriate time. When a 5 year old is behind you with the cowbells going at all times...or teenagers with air horns trying to give people heart attacks....flare guns are a hard no. 

38 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I don't mind the noise makers when its at the appropriate time. When a 5 year old is behind you with the cowbells going at all times...or teenagers with air horns trying to give people heart attacks....flare guns are a hard no. 

I remember years ago when PNG was playing Stephenville in the Dome. Stephenville made the loudest noise maker! It was 5 propane tanks filled with ball bearings mounted on a 2X4 and was handled by 3 students shaking that thing the whole game!😀 Crosby needs this

Just now, BHFAN said:

I remember years ago when PNG was playing Stephenville in the Dome. Stephenville made the loudest noise maker! It was 5 propane tanks filled with ball bearings mounted on a 2X4 and was handled by 3 students shaking that thing the whole game!😀 Crosby needs this

I remember on the PNG side at that game we had a sign that said "FOR NOISE WE HAVE FANS, NOT CANS!"

26 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Crosby overthrowing receivers and LH fumbling snaps seems like those two things have been fixed. 

No doubt things would be different in a rematch, still you have to admit it’s stranger than hades.  Bet if someone went back through the record books, you wouldn’t find this happening very often (if ever).

• Bigdog locked this topic