Crosby vs Liberty Hill - Predictions

Cougtalk

45 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

This one has knots in my stomach and it's Saturday before the game. Need our defense to play amazing next week. Not sure we can hang 63 on this Liberty Hill team like we had to last year but we will see. 

I'll edit once, time location and date are known. 

Feelings? 

One thing is for sure imo.  This will not be a low scoring game. Should be a good game.

4 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Liberty Hill's runningbacks might be faster across the board than last year. 

They do not have that huge kid from last year playing runningback

lots of gimmick kickoffs. 

No, but they do put #10 in at fullback throughout the game an he is a wrecking ball. I believe he plays middle linebacker full time. I believe he’s committed to West Point Academy an will be playing for Army.

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m just going to leave this here, hopefully I won’t need a defibrillator this year:

Wow I didn’t know it had been 60 years since Crosby went to the State Championship. I am kinda new to posting on this board but I’ve followed the board for many years. I was under the assumption that Crosby goes to the State Championship all the time by the way you talk about Crosby on this board. Lol Good Luck to the Cougars! 

Looking at the Liberty Hill offensive personnel #21, who came in as a freshman last year when the FB broke his leg, has taken the place of their big stud back #42. He’s very good but he’s not at the level Blake Simpson(#42) was yet. #6 is the secondary back similar to #20 from last year who also graduated. He’s nowhere near as fast as #20 was but he’s bigger and runs more physical. 

They’re highly dependent on Noah Long(#21) this year and don’t look to have the balance they did last year with that senior heavy squad at the skill positions. The slot-T is our kryptonite but LH is a little smaller on the o-line than they even were last year and as dominant as our front seven was last night I’m not going to doubt their ability to handle their business. 

LH’s defense isn’t very good but if we have multiple pre-snap penalties and compound those with holding calls like we did against TH then we’re probably going to make their defense look better then it actually is. Rouse and Alamo Heights had great days throwing the ball against them in the last couple of rounds and don’t have near the run game the Panthers will have to defend against Crosby. We should be able to get the offense back on track this week if we play as clean as we have been before last night. 

2 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Offensively we are so different from Alamo Heights that this is incomparable but if you learn anything from the game. Make your XP's, Don't give up cheeky onside recoveries, and throw the ball. The weakness of this LH defense is clearly their cornerbacks. 

I watched the game last night. LH never kicked a on side kick. Their kicker just kicks a lot of in between pooch kicks which puts the receiving team in uncomfortable receiving positions. LH ‘s kick offs are definitely awkward. 

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Wow I didn’t know it had been 60 years since Crosby went to the State Championship. I am kinda new to posting on this board but I’ve followed the board for many years. I was under the assumption that Crosby goes to the State Championship all the time by the way you talk about Crosby on this board. Lol Good Luck to the Cougars! 

Recently they’ve been pretty good but matchups weren’t in their favor, some of those teams they matched up with are now 6A Div 1.  Now, I don’t think anyone matches up well with that Liberty Hill offense.  Next week will be a tall task.

1 minute ago, Unwoke said:

I watched the game last night. LH never kicked a on side kick. Their kicker just kicks a lot of in between pooch kicks which puts the receiving team in uncomfortable receiving positions. LH ‘s kick offs are definitely awkward. 

Nah, the recovered kick is a 12 yard pooch kick that they had a gunner on that side of the field. It looks more random than it is, they used a very similar kick last year with us. That's their version of an onside it's like a 12-15 yard kick that's up in the air and in-between the front and second line. 

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Lol, you’re lying about “following the board for many years” then. Anybody that’s been on here for a month would know Crosby’s playoff history. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, you’re lying about “following the board for many years” then. Anybody that’s been on here for a month would know Crosby’s playoff history. 

I said I’ve followed this board for many years . I didn’t say I’ve read every single post made about Crosby. Lol

2 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Nah, the recovered kick is a 12 yard pooch kick that they had a gunner on that side of the field. It looks more random than it is, they used a very similar kick last year with us. That's their version of an onside it's like a 12-15 yard kick that's up in the air and in-between the front and second line. 

You could be right but the kicker seems to pooch kick everything. Lol

3 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I said I’ve followed this board for many years . I didn’t say I’ve read every post made about Crosby. Lol

Lol, so you just read my posts and skip over everything else in the threads? Doesn’t make any sense, otherwise how would you know “the way I talk about Crosby on this board”?

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, so you just read my posts and skip over everything else in the threads? Doesn’t make any sense, otherwise how would you know “the way I talk about Crosby on this board”?

I don’t know what’s so confusing about my post.

said I’ve followed this board for many years . I didn’t say I’ve read every post made about Crosby. Lol

I could be wrong but LH Slot-T looks a lil bit more predictable this year. Maybe the false start penalties made them run it a lil slower against AH. #21 seems to be the guy for them this year. Just from the one game I watched I think last years team was better across the board. Still got to stop the Slot-T tho. AH had experience with Slot-T teams and still couldn't get the job done.

1 minute ago, MrFleet23 said:

I could be wrong but LH Slot-T looks a lil bit more predictable this year. Maybe the false start penalties made them run it a lil slower against AH. #21 seems to be the guy for them this year. Just from the one game I watched I think last years team was better across the board. Still got to stop the Slot-T tho. AH had experience with Slot-T teams and still couldn't get the job done.

I think they are better in the front 7 then last year. 

• PhatMack19 changed the title to Crosby vs Liberty Hill - Predictions
  • Bigdog locked this topic