PNG Coaching Change?

CajunFried

16 hours ago, AshlyKBMT said:

For weeks this has been going around. The only people I go through are Coach Faircloth and the superintendent. A LOT of information that has been stated as facts by some has been completely wrong during all this. Not specifically on message boards, but in the community. I think I'm up to seven or eight different guys that people "know for a fact" are the replacement coach. But the current coach as of this afternoon is still there. Until that changes we won't be reporting on it. 

So you have the avenues. Talk to Joe Dale Cary and Chuck Langston. Get back with all of us and let us know what the outcome is. Surely it will shut up a ton of people including myself, if they have no interest… Let’s see who has the better sources……

7 hours ago, aki1994 said:

People on the neighborhood watch are typically people who do not care about sports. They care about minding the gap at DQ. What just blew up and whose dogs are out running around. 

I would estimate we have roughly 5,000 fans show up to the game on Friday nights. Ten to fifteen percent of those leave after half time. Some are students and others are just there to socialize. I would say out of those 5,000 maybe 500 care enough to even know who all the coaches are. Now take that number and look at how many of those have a friend on the board or in admin. Then you see that there is a very small group that actually cares enough about football, the team moving forward and don't have a tie in that could cause grief by making a post and you have your answer why there is nothing on Facebook yet. I have heard so much speculation but nobody has the balls to post what is really going on. After the fact is too late to start spilling the truth. So here is a running list of the rumors I have heard.

1. His defensive coaches don't like him because he steals all the talent for offense. 

2. The old guard group don't like him because he didn't hire PN-G guys when he first came in and treated some of the older guys with no respect. 

3. He doesn't play board members kids enough. 

4. Admin don't like him because he asks for too much. 

5. He plays favorites and allows the better players to slide and makes examples of the lesser players. (This is a PNGISD problem) If your parents are tied in with the right friends your kids don't go to ISS or get reprimanded for the same issues other students do. 

6. He voted for Joe Biden. (I don't know that but I might as well add my own stupid rumor) 

There are "Karens" on those watch groups that would pounce on any opportunity to get on their soap boxes. You just have to find one indignant Karen and it's a go.

I believe Joe Dale Cary was 36-31 as head coach at 4A Crandall for 6 years & 4-6 last year as head coach of 4A Hondo, 5 out of 7 years making playoffs, that comes out to a 40-37 record in 4A. Langston went 5-5 last year in his 1st year as Westbrook head coach, no playoffs. Faircloth is 102-51 as PNG head coach & 12 playoff appearances out of 13 years. Love him or hate him the fact is he wins 67% of the games coaching at PNG & goes 2 or more rounds deep into the playoffs like 90% of the time. Renew that mans contract.   

The ones that know don't talk and the ones that talk don't know! The reason this isn't on FB is because people would have to do it with their own name behind whatever they're saying! Don't have an opinion one way or the other just don't believe this discussion on here does anyone involved any good, including Coach

The teams that Coach Faircloth lost to in the playoffs thus far.

2009 Lost in the 2nd round to State Finalist Brenham                                         State Finalist

2010 Lost in the 3rd round to Quarterfinalist Manvel                                           Quarterfinalist

2011 Lost in the 1st round to Reginal finalist Dayton                                             Regional finalist

2012 missed the playoffs

2013 Lost in the 1st round to Area finalist Crosby                                                 Area finalist

2014 Lost in the 1st round to Semi-finalist Crosby                                                Semifinalist

2015 Lost in the 2nd round to Quarterfinalist Angleton                                        Quarterfinalist

2016 Lost in the 3rd round to Semi-finalist College Station                                 Semifinalist

2017 Lost in the 3rd round to the State Champion College Station                     State Champ

2018 Lost in the 3rd round to State Finalist Fort Bend Marshall                          State Finalist

2019 Lost in the 1st round to State Finalist Fort Bend Marshall                           State Finalist

2020 Lost in the 1st round to Quarterfinalist Fort Bend Marshall                        Quarterfinalist

2021 Lost in the 3rd round to Quarterfinalist Texas High                                     Quarterfinalist

I’ll call the dogs off………. I won’t post again. Remember my thread in a few months. Make sure you get out and vote for school board elections when they come up. To all who have hit me up, thanks for the info. To all that think I’m full of poop, thank you!! I guess in the big scheme of things, once it shakes out, that’s when citizens can speak their true voice. My posts are to inform you as well as entertain you. But it’s also a valiant attempt to keep BF around for another year. In conclusion, I’m not a fan of BF, but I think the dude should get a fair shake until his kid is graduated.  But in todays world, things are different. The cheerleading squad has almost as many members as the football team, and the co heads are equal to an entire offense. Maybe I need to jump on board with this new mentality, or stick to playing Tecmo Bowl… I just hope my season tickets are not revoked due to my banter…. If so, I will need to rely on you fellow Internet warriors to sneak me into a mid County madness game if possible…

15 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I’ll call the dogs off………. I won’t post again. Remember my thread in a few months. Make sure you get out and vote for school board elections when they come up. To all who have hit me up, thanks for the info. To all that think I’m full of poop, thank you!! I guess in the big scheme of things, once it shakes out, that’s when citizens can speak their true voice. My posts are to inform you as well as entertain you. But it’s also a valiant attempt to keep BF around for another year. In conclusion, I’m not a fan of BF, but I think the dude should get a fair shake until his kid is graduated.  But in todays world, things are different. The cheerleading squad has almost as many members as the football team, and the co heads are equal to an entire offense. Maybe I need to jump on board with this new mentality, or stick to playing Tecmo Bowl… I just hope my season tickets are not revoked due to my banter…. If so, I will need to rely on you fellow Internet warriors to sneak me into a mid County madness game if possible…

Dang Man! Don’t leave us hanging!! Lol

With Crosby and Barbers Hill moving up next year per the UIL cutoff numbers released earlier today, I feel it necessary to reemphasize how important it is that we keep Coach Faircloth, especially given the amount of talent we have returning next year. We have a rare opportunity and a narrow window to be a state power, and I would not let it go to waste in this modern, suburban-centric climate.

20 minutes ago, LonghornforEver said:

Heard It's a Done Deal as of yesterday. He was asked to resign.

If that's true, that's a major slap in the face to a top notch head coach who won more then any other coach in PNG football history. Plus hired a baseball coach that won PNG a state title.  

I find it interesting that people without all of the information automatically place winning as the utmost, important aspect of this situation. I definitely do not have all of the information but people on here claim to have strong opinions based on winning and "success" alone. Also, these decisions directly affect coaches families. Whatever the reasoning, i'm going to err on the side of it not being a hasty or easy decision for anyone involved.