PNG Coaching Change?

CajunFried

24 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I’m not a big BF fan, but y’all lost your minds on the Reservation. The guy just brought y’all to 3rd round without Roschon. Pretty impressive. This is a mistake fella’s.

Same here. Not a fan of the guy, but come on man…. Y’all gonna replace him with who?!!!!!!!!! When you have a Bunch of admins who could not make a high school sports program in their day crying….. This is what you get. The days of Bryson and Togo are over. The new look is participant ribbon admins…….

29 minutes ago, Smores said:

10-2 last year at Hondo

Playoffs 7 out of 8 years as a head coach

Not too bad if you ask me.

I know everyone really liked him when he was at PNG. He seemed like a nice guy that’s knowledgeable. I’m just curious why you run a guy off that’s had pretty good success and a dang good resume. But hey, I’m on the outside looking in. I don’t have anything against coach Carey.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I know everyone really liked him when he was at PNG. He seemed like a nice guy that’s knowledgeable. I’m just curious why you run a guy off that’s had pretty good success and a dang good resume. But hey, I’m on the outside looking in. I don’t have anything against coach Carey.

There are particular Schoolboard members and long-time citizens that are the problem, using whatever influence they have through the their position or their donations to manipulate and force out a man and his staff though they have no good reason. I have it on credible sources that this push-out is vindictive and has NOTHING to do with job performance. Surely the citizens of PNG will not allow Coach Faircloth to be pushed out, because this is outrageous. The man has led a winning program year after year, has truly invested in the lives of these students, and has established excellence in the whole system. The Schoolboard members who are abusing their positions need to resign or recalled, and the members of this community who are being manipulative need to be stood up to and corrected.

12 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Kids are not the issue. Administration is……… Those folks might need to realize their contract do not have to be renewed. Once it all goes down. Names will come out. Sit back and enjoy the show…

I assumed you knew what was going on when you started the thread about BF. I’ve known about this for some time as well. But keep in mind he is/was the AD. There has been issues besides football that the board has addressed in the past. And I assume if you knew about this then you know who the next candidate is. This shouldn’t have come out on social media until it was announced. He does have kids and family that will have to deal with this. Coaching can be very cruel. The bad thing is his son is a Junior on a good team that should be very good next year. I don’t see anyone coming and matching what BF’s teams on offense has done. The defense will improve for sure. This will be like when Burnett was replaced. Half the people loved him and half didnt. I will say this I didn’t agree when BF picked Coach Carter over Kyle Green as the baseball coach. But I will say it was the right move. Coach Carter is a great coach and person. I’m sure BF will land some where good and do very well. He is a great coach and loved by his players. But coaching is very tough and you cant please everyone. There has been rumors after every season for several years that he was leaving so we knew it would come one day.

8 hours ago, PNGoldschool said:

There are particular Schoolboard members and long-time citizens that are the problem, using whatever influence they have through the their position or their donations to manipulate and force out a man and his staff though they have no good reason. I have it on credible sources that this push-out is vindictive and has NOTHING to do with job performance. Surely the citizens of PNG will not allow Coach Faircloth to be pushed out, because this is outrageous. The man has led a winning program year after year, has truly invested in the lives of these students, and has established excellence in the whole system. The Schoolboard members who are abusing their positions need to resign or recalled, and the members of this community who are being manipulative need to be stood up to and corrected.

Call them out. I’d like to see names and receipts. I can’t believe that someone that can’t produce profit or value for their city would abuse their position. Of course I am being very facetious in my statement. 

9 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Peevey will be at PNG if BF is let go. Mark that down. 

And that is wrong! Mark that down! And it wont be Cary. They wouldn’t just let BF go if they didnt have one person in mind. I will wait and let the process go through the motions. But it could be a very good hire. But matching the winning that BF has done will be tough. I’m sure you will start seeing the real good athletes play both ways. Keep in mind these board members bleed purple and white like most other PNG fans. And they have tough decisions to make very often. Its another tough job but someone has to do it.

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I’m getting word that it’s officially official.  

Well its been several weeks ago that they met and decision was made so I’m sure its coming. I’m just glad it didnt get out while the kids were still playing. This happened in another sport a few years back where the coach was being let go and the kids knew before their playoff game. Things like this should wait until the season is over. Thats just how I feel about it.

1 minute ago, Raider24 said:

This is crazy! Been hearing about this for the last 4-5 weeks. Just didn’t want to see it really happen. Work performance, kids performing academically, running a winning, disciplined program should be the deciding factors. Not personal agendas of an administration or board! 

I dont think this is personal agendas of the board. Outside people have no idea what led to this. So until people know the truth. No one should be bad mouthing the board. Sometimes coach’s get comfortable and won’t listen when their bosses tell them things that need to change. They get cocky and tell them this is how it will be. If your boss calls you in and tells you something that needs to change. You will say ok and try to do what they tell you to do. Were forgetting he was also the AD. So maybe this in not all about football.