YMBL TOURNEY/Post updates here

2 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Silsbee’s first ever win against Dallas Madison they beat us in State some years ago

I remember that Madison team.  They beat Central in this same tournament by like 5.  That team had a highly touted sophomore guard and twin towers.  I think one kid was 6’9” and the other kid was 6’8”.  

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I remember that Madison team.  They beat Central in this same tournament by like 5.  That team had a highly touted sophomore guard and twin towers.  I think one kid was 6’9” and the other kid was 6’8”.  

Madison beat Yates twice in state but had to forfeit due to recruiting and out of zone players around 2013 and 2014 

8 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Looking at the bracket, I’ll tell you who they play after I go back to college for an advanced engineering degree. 

Silsbee receives a bye to the 7:30 pm game. They’ll play the winner of Pool 1 2nd place team and Pool 2 3rd Place team. I haven’t received most of the scores from today so far so I’m not sure of the teams.

I think the dunk count was 1-1.  And yes we didn’t have a good first half.  Two big parts of that was Madison plays good defense and the fact that we had 4 fouls called on us in the first quarter, 2 on Harris and 2 on Miller.  I believe Bottley ended up with 2 in the first half as well.  That pretty much handicapped our defense in that half.  My hope was that we kept it no more than a 10 point deficit at the half.  Which is exactly what it was. We couldn’t get much to fall in that first half either.  

Now to be honest their was some pretty questionable officiating.  I know you always see things in your favor but I did see some both ways.  Now I am not going to nit pick the calls because we got the biggest one of the night.  We were up 2 with them inbounding the ball with about 9 secs left, and they missed a pretty obvious ball off their players leg on the inbounds that went out of bounds. They got the ball back and got the dunk that tied it.  But then we got the biggest foul call on the 3 point attempt by Haynes that probably doesn’t get called most of the time.  It was kind of a desperation type 3 pointer where 2 or three of their players were around him. He probably was fouled but that call isn’t made a lot of the time.  

great gritty come from behind win for these Tigers!!

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I could be wrong but I think Silsbee plays either SOC or CE King Friday @ 730pm.   I saw CE King vs Goose Cry Mem.  They are good.  SOC is a legendary program, like Madison.

Incorrect.

Silsbee will play the winner of LaGrange and Houston Sharpstown at 7:30pm. LG/Sharpstown game is at 1:30pm today.

31 minutes ago, ST413 said:

From that the bracket is set up favorably for the Tigers to reach the finals.  If they play like they should West Brook and CE King are the biggest challenges.  While that top half bracket is loaded, United, Madison, SOC, and Grace Academy and Aldine Nimitz.  

Did that 6'9" guy Christian Dews play for Westbrook when Silsbee beat them?  How did that happen?