Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Chapel Hill/ Chapel Hill wins 31-14!

AggiesAreWe

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

LCM ran 3 plays from inside the 1.  Time ran out in half without a score 

21-0 CH at half 

Not saying it would have made a difference in the game, but the replay Elam just showed on the news it was an obvious TD.  The goal line was almost at his waist.  Maybe that’s why LCM didn’t have a play ready.  They were shocked the refs blew it that bad.  

• PhatMack19 changed the title to Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Chapel Hill/ Chapel Hill wins 31-14!
1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Not saying it would have made a difference in the game, but the replay Elam just showed on the news it was an obvious TD.  The goal line was almost at his waist.  Maybe that’s why LCM didn’t have a play ready.  They were shocked the refs blew it that bad.  

He clearly crossed the goal line on the play before that too. Refs were awful tonight.  

6 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

I’ve never seen a ref throw an unsportsmanlike flag at an injured player laying on the ground. Can’t blame the refs for coming out completely flat in the first quarter though. That’s what ultimately did the Bears in. 

Great season Bears, there's nothing to hang your heads about. Y'all proved many doubters wrong this season. Way to represent 10-4A I, Orange County, and the Golden Triangle!

2 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Great season Bears, there's nothing to hang your heads about. Y'all proved many doubters wrong this season. Way to represent 10-4A I, Orange County, and the Golden Triangle!

Yes, gotta be proud of the Bears.  Great season.  Last night they just seemed out of sync, but coming from the cellar to playing for Regional Champs, just WOW!   Like Vidor, the durn injury bug hit them.  Jmo, but I think Landry being hurt affected the whole team.  Look forward to LCM, Vidor, Ltown and Huffman doing it all again next year.

Great season for LCM. They weren’t even on the radar for a district crown and went 4 rounds deep. Quite an accomplishment. Even hung with an extremely athletic Chapel Hill big play offense that is tough to defend. Couple plays really stung last night were the fumble and scoop for a TD before the half and not getting that touchdown call before time expired. 14 point swing without 100% QB leader the offense has centered around makes it tough. Regardless, the Bears showed their competitive spirit. Future is bright for North Orange

2 minutes ago, P-Hot-N-Shot-G said:

Look for talent to be pulled from other sports along with move-ins. Ashton Landry is going to be tough to replacement but I hear there's the grandson of a legendary local quarterback whos a freshman this year. 

Yes he played full back for UT. His dad was good too

21 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Get a full season with the kids. I believe we have 7 coming back on defense 

I think Vidor has a similar, if not more, number coming back on D.  After studying the other Districts for playoffs, it’s apparent to me that our District takes Defense much more seriously than others.  I think it’ll make a big difference in next year’s playoffs.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

I think Vidor has a similar, if not more, number coming back on D.  After studying the other Districts for playoffs, it’s apparent to me that our District takes Defense much more seriously than others.  I think it’ll make a big difference in next year’s playoffs.

I agree. But the lack of depth on LCM and Vidor hurt us this year. Huffman is gonna be strong again they had freshman starting at De and a lot of under class man 

17 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I agree. But the lack of depth on LCM and Vidor hurt us this year. Huffman is gonna be strong again they had freshman starting at De and a lot of under class man 

Depth is always a problem, especially at key positions.  QB in spread especially, and RB’s in Slot T.  Not many schools in 4A have that type of depth.  Yes, I look for Huffman to be strong again as well as Ltown.  All depends a lot on what the UIL comes up with in February (I think they come out with new alignment in Feb).  Everything being equal, I look for the same 4 playoff teams.

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Depth is always a problem, especially at key positions.  QB in spread especially, and RB’s in Slot T.  Not many schools in 4A have that type of depth.  Yes, I look for Huffman to be strong again as well as Ltown.  All depends a lot on what the UIL comes up with in February (I think they come out with new alignment in Feb).  Everything being equal, I look for the same 4 playoff teams.

Looks like we’ll be back to playing HISD 1st round with CHill, Lindale, Kilgore and that district moving back to Region 2.