West Orange-Stark vs. China Spring/China Spring wins 31-14!

AggiesAreWe

On 12/8/2021 at 7:13 PM, Separation Scientist said:

I was there. That CS QB is phenomenal. You rarely see someone put on the jets and dust the WOS defense with breakaway runs like he did. Give that kid a half step and he was gone.  

I finally watched the Texan Live broadcast last night. We could've won that game but not without our "horse" in the backfield. We were moving the ball before he got hurt. Again, everything has to go your way to win those games. We were looking good with the turnovers but the injury to our stud was a killer.

On another note, someone the other day said we weren't really moving the ball when Gales was playing... well, we had a 74 yd TD drive and when Gales got hurt mid way in the 1st qtr he had 34 yards rushing. He was only in the game for 1 turnover (he broke his arm on the first play after the second turnover). You never know, had he been able to finish the game we might have been up 21-0 after those 3 turnovers and it's a different ball game.

3 hours ago, Gasilla said:

I finally watched the Texan Live broadcast last night. We could've won that game but not without our "horse" in the backfield. We were moving the ball before he got hurt. Again, everything has to go your way to win those games. We were looking good with the turnovers but the injury to our stud was a killer.

On another note, someone the other day said we weren't really moving the ball when Gales was playing... well, we had a 74 yd TD drive and when Gales got hurt mid way in the 1st qtr he had 34 yards rushing. He was only in the game for 1 turnover (he broke his arm on the first play after the second turnover). You never know, had he been able to finish the game we might have been up 21-0 after those 3 turnovers and it's a different ball game.

With Gales in there we keep the ball longer and limit CS time with the ball.Of course it didn't take but a few seconds a couple of times for them to score.lol

4 hours ago, GUNHO said:

With Gales in there we keep the ball longer and limit CS time with the ball.Of course it didn't take but a few seconds a couple of times for them to score.lol

Exactly, the other thing that I can’t get out if my head , is the QB and back just wouldn’t go down . That’s a hell of a strength training program? Or is it something else ?  Just sayin!

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I agree. Its a different ballgame without the injury. 

I agree with u.but injuries are apart of the game.its hard but its fair. Gales had really took over the leadership role this year.and when ur left with all underclassmen at the skill position on offense.didnt bold well. 

It’s hard to know that we will not be playing football tonight. I agree without Gayle we did not have the mental toughness to finish the game. Mental toughness cannot be coached nor factored into x’s and o’s in a game plan. Reflecting on the teams that we had during our championship days, we always had a philosophy of “Next man up” we have seemed to have lost that important secret weapon; CS has it especially their QB.  

32 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

It’s hard to know that we will not be playing football tonight. I agree without Gayle we did not have the mental toughness to finish the game. Mental toughness cannot be coached nor factored into x’s and o’s in a game plan. Reflecting on the teams that we had during our championship days, we always had a philosophy of “Next man up” we have seemed to have lost that important secret weapon; CS has it especially their QB.  

I disagree, if that QB goes down CS will go down.

26 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Sorry Mustang Nation I am watching the game tonight against Cuero and, there are a number of players making plays. IMO they are a complete team. Their OL is doing a heck of a job moving people out to allow him (QB) to make moves and run the ball.

So am I, he was 80% of their offense when the game mattered. Now it doesn't matter, cuero has given up.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:31 AM, Majestyk said:

What about the defense? I stated I hadn't heard Carmello Jones mentioned all night and someone said he was hurt. Don't know if he played or was just not a factor. I didn't see the game but listened to the broadcast, sounds like somebody is gonna have a handful of China Spring from here on.

lots of sr they going to going to lose five star qb  ouch

1 hour ago, marshman said:

This is an interesting statement. What causes you to say this?

Throwing wild accusations out there just because a local team got beat is non-sense..Could it be that CS just has a better program and better players than WOS? Obviously they are after having knocked out the Mustangs the last two years. Sometimes you just got to tip you hat to your opponent and then put in work to get better…just sayin…