Beaumont West Brook 56 Silsbee 78/FINAL

34 minutes ago, EliteTiger said:

I don’t know why anybody would doubt Silsbee! Beat 6A powerhouse SummerCreek and beat Westbrook by more than Beaumont United beat them! Put some respect on these kids name!

The United game was getting out of hand and BU let off the gas late. Was getting close to a 30 point game.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The United game was getting out of hand and BU let off the gas late. Was getting close to a 30 point game.

To be truthful, the Tigers probably could have pulled out farther too as they layed off the press at the start of the fourth quarter.  WB couldnt handle the constant pressure and fast hands of the Tigers.  What does the point spread mean as far as the game with BU, absolutely nothing.  United definitely has better guard play than WB and that will play big in that game.  I will never go against my Tigers but that one is going to be a tough one.

11 hours ago, ST413 said:

To be truthful, the Tigers probably could have pulled out farther too as they layed off the press at the start of the fourth quarter.  WB couldnt handle the constant pressure and fast hands of the Tigers.  What does the point spread mean as far as the game with BU, absolutely nothing.  United definitely has better guard play than WB and that will play big in that game.  I will never go against my Tigers but that one is going to be a tough one.

@Mr. Buddy Garrityand I talked about this.  We both agreed that WB would be in trouble. Because Silsbee will not allow you to control the tempo and dictate the pace.  You’re going to play at their pace.  BU has a tendency to allow other teams to dictate the pace. They allowed WB to do it.  It just so happens that BU is so good, they can play all kinds of different paces.  This is probably why Silsbee was able to do what they did to WB.

One of the best things about Silsbee this year so far is they're a better shooting team. Let's hope they can remain consistent with that.

I'm not sure who WB's stars are suppose to be, but they definitely don't have a Yates or Arceneaux yet. They do look really intimidating though. Was a little worried the first 4 or 5 minutes of the game.

Little confused as to who we play next. Someone told me it was Dallas Madison, which I guess will be Thursday? Bummer I'm likely to miss that one. We'll be getting the 3A version of the Metroplex All Stars.

2 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

One of the best things about Silsbee this year so far is they're a better shooting team. Let's hope they can remain consistent with that.

I'm not sure who WB's stars are suppose to be, but they definitely don't have a Yates or Arceneaux yet. They do look really intimidating though. Was a little worried the first 4 or 5 minutes of the game.

Little confused as to who we play next. Someone told me it was Dallas Madison, which I guess will be Thursday? Bummer I'm likely to miss that one. We'll be getting the 3A version of the Metroplex All Stars.

SF Austin. 2 pm Thursday and then they’ll play Dallas Madison at 6pm 

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

The home team should get the benefit of the schedule you would think. D Madison plays at 10iam & 6pm.

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I wasn't aware Silsbee left.

I mean, they did make regional finals last season for the 6th time in last 7 seasons.

Ima be honest We benefited  from teams not having  their  full roster due to Covid so we took advantage of a covid season like some more teams I know ..  also we  was the same team who  struggled and lost to lumberton and HF and came in 2nd in district .. we a year older and we got that swagger  back  that’s what I mean when I say we back .. beating the teams without doubt  that we should beat .. 

18 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee took their foot off the gas, as well. Take NOTHING from BU-love that team and those kids. I'm just saying people are not respecting the level of play coming from this young Silsbee team.

15 minutes ago, T-Lu said:

Ima be honest We benefited  from teams not having  their  full roster due to Covid so we took advantage of a covid season like some more teams I know ..  also we  was the same team who  struggled and lost to lumberton and HF and came in 2nd in district .. we a year older and we got that swagger  back  that’s what I mean when I say we back .. beating the teams without doubt  that we should beat .. 

Silsbee didn't benefit from teams being out due to COVID...Silsbee was a Team that was out due to COVID. The JV played 3 of their games last season- which is the ONLY reason Silsbee came in 2nd in district.  The game lost to Lumberton was 1st game back and the kids were not 100% and hadn't practiced or anything for 2 weeks.  

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

The tigers are back… but they aren’t beating BU

I wouldn't say they won't beat BU.. And I'm knot saying we will. But you can bet this game is going to be alot closer than what you think. By the games the two have played both teams are pretty much even at this point. Should be a really great game.

36 minutes ago, EliteTiger said:

Silsbee didn't benefit from teams being out due to COVID...Silsbee was a Team that was out due to COVID. The JV played 3 of their games last season- which is the ONLY reason Silsbee came in 2nd in district.  The game lost to Lumberton was 1st game back and the kids were not 100% and hadn't practiced or anything for 2 weeks.  

Whatever case might have been , we ready this year !! I know what I seen in the summer and we ain’t barring none  this year