Beaumont West Brook 56 Silsbee 78/FINAL

Back in the day when Beaumont had Central & Ozen a good Silsbee team could and did run the table in the golden triangle.  Now, with most of the talent headed to BU it is next to impossible to pull that off again.  

P.S  Living in the past, I miss Devon McCain pulling a rebound and then coming down hill center court, with superior passing skills, throwing dimes to either  Bush or Jay5. Or he'd take it to the hole himself.  At the high school level that was very potent stuff.    

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Silsbee just needs to worry about being the best 4A team, nothing more. 

I'm sure we'll eventually take a few lumps before district.

Really wish we were getting Madison first tomorrow with fresh legs and give them a good slap.

That Metroplex arrogance would be off the charts if they send a 3A school down here and they win. 

If it doesn't kill ya it'll make you stronger, the old saying goes.

Who knows? Maybe an efficient and very good slow down team, like Argyle, catches FF napping in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Back in the day when Beaumont had Central & Ozen a good Silsbee team could and did run the table in the golden triangle.  Now, with most of the talent headed to BU it is next to impossible to pull that off again.  

P.S  Living in the past, I miss Devon McCain pulling a rebound and then coming down hill center court, with superior passing skills, throwing dimes to either  Bush or Jay5. Or he'd take it to the hole himself.  At the high school level that was very potent stuff.    

That state championship game performance may be the best singular HS game I’ve seen an area player play.  And on the biggest of stages.  That, along with Braelon’s game against Yates are two that are unforgettable for me. 

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

If it doesn't kill ya it'll make you stronger, the old saying goes.

Who knows? Maybe an efficient and very good slow down team, like Argyle, catches FF napping in the playoffs.

So true.  Argyle can be a real problem, even for the FF’s of the world.  The great thing about how well Silsbee is playing is that they are still very young as well.  You have to believe they are going to continue to improve and mature.  And they are always tough teams (teams often follow their coach’s personality.  Beating United is irrelevant.  They just need to beat whoever lines up opposite them in Feb and March.  

Also, not to hijack a thread but HJ is looking really good as well   

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

So true.  Argyle can be a real problem, even for the FF’s of the world.  The great thing about how well Silsbee is playing is that they are still very young as well.  You have to believe they are going to continue to improve and mature.  And they are always tough teams (teams often follow their coach’s personality.  Beating United is irrelevant.  They just need to beat whoever lines up opposite them in Feb and March.  

Also, not to hijack a thread but HJ is looking really good as well   

I'lm glad you brought that up. I have noticed that HJ has been playing strong b ball this season.  Also wins by Orangefield and HF suggest district and regional will not be a cake walk.  Silsbee is playing such a strong schedule until you can't take your mind off whose next and look down the road.   The next Silsbee vs HJ match up should be a good game.

46 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I'lm glad you brought that up. I have noticed that HJ has been playing strong b ball this season.  Also wins by Orangefield and HF suggest district and regional will not be a cake walk.  Silsbee is playing such a strong schedule until you can't take your mind off whose next and look down the road.   The next Silsbee vs HJ match up should be a good game.

Its a shame that HJ Silsbee game is one of those christmas break 3:00 in the weekday afternoon games…

9 hours ago, D3zii said:

Silsbee is a great team but lets not get to far ahead, Bush, Adams or McCain isn't walking through that door next Tuesday, And even if they did I don't think any of them would be the best player on the court honestly.  But that's Okay, like another poster stated, the main thing for Silsbee is to get better each week and compete for a 4A title. 

I do think it will be a very competitive game, and I love that we have two top ranked teams in the State right here in SETX.  Here's to an injury free and successful season for both teams 

yall killing me  with this dont get ahead  and dont bark up the wrong tree stuff, BU a good team but flawed just like everybody else,  and you gotta   just be talking  saying 1 of the 3  Adams, Bush or Dev  wont be the best players on the court.  come on now  we all witness them 3 !