5AD2 DCTF Mocks someone get these guys medicine they don't make sense.

Cougtalk

So this is the problem area in 5AD2 for the UIL. 

6 HISD to keep together 

2 FBISD to keep together 

2 LCISD to keep together 

PNG/Nederland 

Crosby/Dayton 

Santa Fe/Texas City 

Galena Park 

If they don't care about numbers and go strictly geographically this is the two districts 

10 Team - 10-5a

H Austin

H Madison

H Northside

H Sharpstown

H Sterling 

H Waltrip 

FB Marshall

FB Willow Ridge

Richmond Randle 

Rosenberg Lamar 

8 team - 9-5A 

Crosby

Dayton

Nederland 

PNG

Galena Park

Santa Fe

Texas City 

Them splitting LCISD + FBISD would be odd given they are districts that physically connect with each other. 

The problem is HISD if it was 5 teams it'd be easy 9 team district. 

You meant 7 teams in 9-5A or am I missing a team?

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

So this is the problem area in 5AD2 for the UIL. 

6 HISD to keep together 

2 FBISD to keep together 

2 LCISD to keep together 

PNG/Nederland 

Crosby/Dayton 

Santa Fe/Texas City 

Galena Park 

If they don't care about numbers and go strictly geographically this is the two districts 

10 Team - 10-5a

H Austin

H Madison

H Northside

H Sharpstown

H Sterling 

H Waltrip 

FB Marshall

FB Willow Ridge

Richmond Randle 

Rosenberg Lamar 

8 team - 9-5A 

Crosby

Dayton

Nederland 

PNG

Galena Park

Santa Fe

Texas City 

Them splitting LCISD + FBISD would be odd given they are districts that physically connect with each other. 

The problem is HISD if it was 5 teams it'd be easy 9 team district. 

Kingwood Park will be D1 based on the new # I got for them

5A D2 you have to get a little creative to make it work because you are limited on space and you have certian rules to follow...plus you have a 4 team district in Region I that really has an impact down the line...

I thought about flipping Galena Park into 9 and then firing Texas City back over, but it seemed weird to send Texas City over to 9 and not Santa Fe

31 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

5A D2 you have to get a little creative to make it work because you are limited on space and you have certian rules to follow...plus you have a 4 team district in Region I that really has an impact down the line...

I thought about flipping Galena Park into 9 and then firing Texas City back over, but it seemed weird to send Texas City over to 9 and not Santa Fe

4 team district? Lmao that’s one thing I wish UIL could fix and not allow it. 

17 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

4 team district? Lmao that’s one thing I wish UIL could fix and not allow it. 

I'm not sure what else you do in El Paso....its a nearly six hour one way drive to the next closest district opponent (note I said CLOSEST)....West Texas presents major travel challenges that are hard to imagine for anyone not familiar with the geography

7 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

I'm not sure what else you do in El Paso....its a nearly six hour one way drive to the next closest district opponent (note I said CLOSEST)....West Texas presents major travel challenges that are hard to imagine for anyone not familiar with the geography

One of the biggest reasons why a school or two out there opts up 2-3 divisions sometimes. Crazy

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

Its good to change it up and see new teams in the district makes high school football so fun and exciting !!! 

true but if those two schools travel an extra 30 minutes and it cause 3 schools in Austin to possibly travel 30 min less they'll do it....everything is connected...so lets say I move LCISD to a district in Houston now I have to find homes for the Austin schools which means they likely go to San Antonio because there won't be room for them w/Austin ISD....

Thats my logic at least by doing it that way..lol 

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

true but if those two schools travel an extra 30 minutes and it cause 3 schools in Austin to possibly travel 30 min less they'll do it....everything is connected...so lets say I move LCISD to a district in Houston now I have to find homes for the Austin schools which means they likely go to San Antonio because there won't be room for them w/Austin ISD....

Thats my logic at least by doing it that way..lol 

There are now 8 AISD schools in 5ad2 i think they just get their own division like they have it on DCTF

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One of the biggest reasons why a school or two out there opts up 2-3 divisions sometimes. Crazy

I don't blame them a bit. Its exactly what I would do if I were them. Sometimes practicality outweighs other things. I mean this gently, but its not like the El Paso teams are a real threat to go on deep runs and maybe win State.     

10 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Exactly right. Many people who never go out to West TX have no concept how vast and remote it is.

Fun fact:

Beaumont to San Antonio, 281 miles, 4:45 drive time. 

El Paso to San Angelo, 404 miles, 6:05 drive time.   

7 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

There are now 8 AISD schools in 5ad2 i think they just get their own division like they have it on DCTF

You are correct but then you gotta move the 2 Pflugerville schools and Elgin somewhere else and that somewhere else is San Antonio....shoulda clarified and stated "Austin area"