Blue Link Defense

2wedge

3 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Is this still a thing, or has everyone calmed down? I do not think I have ever heard this used by anyone for anything. 

It is still officially the term. Tepper used it this past weekend on the show. I've been saying Mustang D. Regardless as to what they are called. Like always, their actions on the field speak louder than words. Only given up 133 pts thru 12 games.

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It is still officially the term. Tepper used it this past weekend on the show. I've been saying Mustang D. Regardless as to what they are called. Like always, their actions on the field speak louder than words. Only given up 133 pts thru 12 games.

Not surprised to hear Tepper is using it....seems like a very Tepper thing to do. lol

I’m not sure anyone actually ever cared or was actually offended by the Chain Gang. Local administrators just wanted to look they were doing something. I guarantee if they had asked the team to vote on it it would have never been changed. Call them the Chain Gang if you want. The Chain Gang sounds scary. The Blue Link sounds insultingly stupid and cheesy, like it’s something a Cub Scout den mother made up. 

Is this a movement that was started by people of color in WOS who legitimately find it offensive?  If so, then call it the blue link defense.  Was it started by white liberals from other cities who feel the need to represent "simple country folks" that "just don't know any better?"  If that's the case, leave it alone.  It sure seems like far too often these "controversies" are created by people who don't have any skin in the game or a dog in the fight.  

Dad gum it… we already decided this about halfway through the season. It is no longer called the Blue D or whatever, it is called the Stampede Defense from here on out. We even cleared it with @powerlifter it was his idea to begin with and he is the ultimate West Orange insider. I even think @Mr. Buddy Garrity can back me up on this one, it shall be known as the WOS Stampede Defense. Since y’all dropped the ‘Chain Gang’ nickname, Vidor took it over we have the Chain Gang Offense now.