Vidor,TX

positions: NG, DE, TELL

Three year starter: (2019,2020,2021)

2019 12-5A Ii - New Comers of the Year.

Jordan's highlights from his junior season.🦍

(2020)

Willie Ray Smith nominee.
10-4A D1 Defense MVP.
10-4A D1 All-Leader - First Team Defense.
10-4A-D1 KOGT All-Elite - First Team Defense.
Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold - Second Team Defense.

2021:

44 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

This is the hidden content, please

C/O 2022

6'2'' 170lbs 

3.7 GPA.

Vidor,TX

(2020)

10-4A D1 Defense MVP.

2021:

I think you meant 270...

7 hours ago, piratevillain said:

This is the hidden content, please

C/O 2022

6'2'' 170lbs 

3.7 GPA.

Vidor,TX

(2020)

10-4A D1 Defense MVP.

2021:

Special player! Gonna miss seeing the Big Fella in a Pirate Uniform!

On 11/29/2021 at 11:26 PM, P-Hot-N-Shot-G said:

I think you meant 270...

On 11/30/2021 at 8:32 PM, piratevillain said:

Yeah, he's definitely 270lbs. thanks for catching that!

A buck seventy and moving people around like that would be illegal… I think it would break the law of physics lol. Why has Vidor had an outstanding defense the last few seasons, there’s a big part of it right there in the middle. I’ve been lucky enough to be involved with Jordan in sports since he was a little kid. He used to never really know how big and strong he was but he eventually figured it out. I’m going to miss watching that kid play, hopefully he gets a chance to continue his athletic journey somewhere. He deserves a shot, no doubt about it. 🏴‍☠️

8 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

A buck seventy and moving people around like that would be illegal… I think it would break the law of physics lol. Why has Vidor had an outstanding defense the last few seasons, there’s a big part of it right there in the middle. I’ve been lucky enough to be involved with Jordan in sports since he was a little kid. He used to never really know how big and strong he was but he eventually figured it out. I’m going to miss watching that kid play, hopefully he gets a chance to continue his athletic journey somewhere. He deserves a shot, no doubt about it. 🏴‍☠️

Man, that's very true about Jordan. He truly never knew his size and strength for the longest time til about high school and that's when he really learned to utilize it and that's when he really hit another gear. But hopefully we can see him play at the next level the next few years and gives him a shot and let's him showcase his talent wherever that may be.

Jordan did just get an offer from Howard Payne University yesterday. Its not a D1 school, but alot of NFL HOF'ers played DIII football as well. 

23 hours ago, Hagar said:

You don’t see his likes very often.  There’s no doubt in my mind prior to teams playing Vidor, the first thing discussed by the opposing Coaches is, “How do we block the Nose Guard?”  

I can't tell you how many times watching the first few plays of a game with Vidor's first series on defense and they try to block him one on one and he's driving kids 5-7 yards trying to put them back on the bus.😂

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

Man, that's very true about Jordan. He truly never knew his size and strength for the longest time til about high school and that's when he really learned to utilize it and that's when he really hit another gear. But hopefully we can see him play at the next level the next few years and gives him a shot and let's him showcase his talent wherever that may be.

Jordan did just get an offer from Howard Payne University yesterday. Its not a D1 school, but alot of NFL HOF'ers played DIII football as well. 

I wonder, if he’d been at Carthage or one of the prominent schools, if recruiters would be lined up with offers?  UT, TA&M, LSU, etc, etc.  Jordan has the physical ability, and more heart than 98% of other kids.  I guess height is the only downside for Defense, but he’d still be an outstanding Center or Guard on offense.  

Here’s the deal, I hear other folks taking about kids getting multiple offers from big time D-1 schools.  Some, even though they’re good, don’t appear near as good as Jordan.  Am I just seeing something not there because he’s a Pirate, or do others see the same thing?  Would like to hear from some posters that aren’t Pirate supporters.

52 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I wonder, if he’d been at Carthage or one of the prominent schools, if recruiters would be lined up with offers?  UT, TA&M, LSU, etc, etc.  Jordan has the physical ability, and more heart than 98% of other kids.  I guess height is the only downside for Defense, but he’d still be an outstanding Center or Guard on offense.  

Here’s the deal, I hear other folks taking about kids getting multiple offers from big time D-1 schools.  Some, even though they’re good, don’t appear near as good as Jordan.  Am I just seeing something not there because he’s a Pirate, or do others see the same thing?  Would like to hear from some posters that aren’t Pirate supporters.

6-2/270/4.9 40/4.2 shuttle/squats 640 plus. He’s definitely has D1 talent, possibly Power 5. If he doesn’t have D1 offers it’s probably because he hasn’t been marketed correctly or doesn’t have the right relationships

32 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

6-2/270/4.9 40/4.2 shuttle/squats 640 plus. He’s definitely has D1 talent, possibly Power 5. If he doesn’t have D1 offers it’s probably because he hasn’t been marketed correctly or doesn’t have the right relationships

I think he has two, Lamar & one of the Louisiana schools (Tulane I think), but they should be lining up at his door.  A great mystery.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I think he has two, Lamar & one of the Louisiana schools, but they should be lining up at his door.  A great mystery.

There are certain prototypes most D1 schools are looking for. They generally like their Dline guys to be 6’4 with 4.8 speed. Looks like Jordan is listed at 6’1 with 4.9 speed which probably doesn’t make much of a difference in my opinion but a lot of recruiters try to stick to strict guidelines

8 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

There are certain prototypes most D1 schools are looking for. They generally like their Dline guys to be 6’4 with 4.8 speed. Looks like Jordan is listed at 6’1 with 4.9 speed which probably doesn’t make much of a difference in my opinion but a lot of recruiters try to stick to strict guidelines

Lol, Vidor’s backs probably aren’t much faster than a 4.8, but they have moxie.  😄😄

47 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Jordan has told me his height is a key reason. He swore he was 6'3" til he visited Tulane this season.😂 

But he really doesn't get the marketing or exposure and Vidor doesn't use social media like alot of other HS do.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

There's a few area players I've seen get D1 Power 5 offers that play the same position and has no where near the talent or highlight tape as him, and we all know tapes don't lie. But if you want my true take on why he's overlooked? It's because the stigma of the town he plays for and he knows that because I've told him myself cause that's the only logical reason besides his height.

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’d say, although some may not like it. Big kid on the defensive line at LCM good player, has a lot of nice offers. Doesn’t effect the game nearly as much as JS, I’ve watched a lot of their games. He didn’t pop to me, not as much as I expected. He does have a ton of potential, is younger and has more size though. Good prospect, don’t mean to downtown kid but production matters to me. I’m sure he has great stats I’m just saying the handful of games I watched, it wasn’t close. Especially in the head to head matchup, big 99 had a major role in that game.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’d say, although some may not like it. Big kid on the defensive line at LCM good player, has a lot of nice offers. Doesn’t effect the game nearly as much as JS, I’ve watched a lot of their games. He didn’t pop to me, not as much as I expected. He does have a ton of potential, is younger and has more size though. Good prospect, don’t mean to downtown kid  but production matters to me. I’m sure he has great stats I’m just saying the handful of games I watched, it wasn’t close. Especially in the head to head matchup, big 99 had a major role in that game.

Wouldn’t think the kid himself would feel slighted.  Jordan is a rare dude. Just being compared to him is an honor, especially for an underclassman.  Hope he turns out as good, but that’s a big ask.  Jmo

38 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Wouldn’t think the kid himself would feel slighted.  Jordan is a rare dude. Just being compared to him is an honor, especially for an underclassman.  Hope he turns out as good, but that’s a big ask.  Jmo

All I’m saying is big J showed up big time for 3 years, so many times I watched him step it up and make game changing plays when we needed it. He kept us in the game or set us up for success and he usually saved his best work for late game crucial situations. An impact player, if only they could have figured out how to integrate him into the offense better. In the other kids defense, it’s not really a fair comparison just yet. He could come out, be unblockable and set the world on fire next season. I hope he does… just not when they play the Pirates lol.

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’d say, although some may not like it. Big kid on the defensive line at LCM good player, has a lot of nice offers. Doesn’t effect the game nearly as much as JS, I’ve watched a lot of their games. He didn’t pop to me, not as much as I expected. He does have a ton of potential, is younger and has more size though. Good prospect, don’t mean to downtown kid but production matters to me. I’m sure he has great stats I’m just saying the handful of games I watched, it wasn’t close. Especially in the head to head matchup, big 99 had a major role in that game.

Spot on, BYB! 🏴

• 3 weeks later...