Jasper 50 Lumberton 95/FINAL

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Lumberton beat y’all with  a full team last year at Silsbee, don’t blame Corona for that, Lumberton might not beat y’all this year but I wouldn’t make the excuse of the Covid virus for y’all getting beat in Yalls own gym with a full group. 

I" said Lumberton want beat Silsbee again.! I" know yall beat us last year at home it was a great game. But if it wasn't for the Corona and us having to take two Loses for a week and no practice before we played yall" then yall don't get the district.! So I" ain't blaming Corona it's a fact Corona gave yall the district.! Everyone knows this.! Read what I said real good before you comment. 😁🐅🏀

2 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

I was actually figuring after the young man from last year graduated we'd be back to mediocrity but I think we are easily going to be one of the top ten teams in the area. Coach Josh is turning out to be a great coach.

He’s done a good job, no denying that.  I think they’ll be borderline top-10 in the area, accounting for all classifications.  

1 hour ago, Who That said:

I" said Lumberton want beat Silsbee again.! I" know yall beat us last year at home it was a great game. But if it wasn't for the Corona and us having to take two Loses for a week and no practice before we played yall" then yall don't get the district.! So I" ain't blaming Corona it's a fact Corona gave yall the district.! Everyone knows this.! Read what I said real good before you comment. 😁🐅🏀

We still would have won district but would have been co district champions with Silsbee 🤦‍♀️ Our one district loss came from Silsbee

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Lol they lost one district game last year, would have been co champs worse case scenario 

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Lumberton beat y’all with  a full team last year at Silsbee, don’t blame Corona for that, Lumberton might not beat y’all this year but I wouldn’t make the excuse of the Covid virus for y’all getting beat in Yalls own gym with a full group. 

Silsbee is  #2 for a reason. Those kids were Freshman and sophomore last year. Lumberton had the best player in school history in a down Silsbee year and you split that 2 game series. Silsbee looks a lot bigger and faster based on what I've seen. Good luck but Silsbee will win both games by 15 plus. 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

He’s done a good job, no denying that.  I think they’ll be borderline top-10 in the area, accounting for all classifications.  

Top 10 in the area was what I was referring too. It wouldn't be much if we were top 10 of just 4A although there are some very good 4A teams here in the Golden Triangle area.

4 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

Top 10 in the area was what I was referring too. It wouldn't be much if we were top 10 of just 4A although there are some very good 4A teams here in the Golden Triangle area.

Lumberton had a record season last year. Silsbee, who had a "down year" still went to the Regional Finals. They shot like 2/27 from 3pt land. Knock a few down, they might have made it to state on a down year. Lumberton is doing some great things. They might have a deep run again this year. 

You know, Lumberton may never beat Silsbee again, but I wouldn’t bet on it! And please, don’t make excuses for us beating them last year! The truth is the Raiders won in Silsbee’s gym, they (Tigers) had their complete team, a gym full of fans and they lost! Give the Raiders the credit they deserve and here’s to a great season!