LCM vs Chapel Hill

LCMAlumtiger32

On 11/28/2021 at 5:33 PM, Hagar said:

Some talk on other site Chapel Hill to roll over LCM.  Like El Campo before them - like Kilgore was thinking about Chapel Hill, that kind of thinking will get you beat.  They see Vidor beat LCM, and they beat Vidor, forgetting the fact that Vidor was 100% healthy when the Pirates beat LCM, and played CH with a crippled backfield and HC missing.  Plus the Bears appear to be peaking.  Methinks CH is in for a surprise.

Hope so. Took a look at some of the Chapel Hill highlights. Look like a tough team to defend. #1 looks really quick and their wideouts have big play potential, especially when they get them in space. The quarterback is big and fast, not all that accurate but he makes the short easy throws and then goes deep from time to time utilizing their speed. He also a good scrambler once he sees open field, can chew up yards in a hurry. On the defensive side to be average. They play like several other East Texas teams with a high profile offense who looks to strike quick and out score their opponents 

I know he was the head football coach, lost to Longview, I was at that game. But when i coached track I met him and was amazed at how many athletes were out for track which showed me he has the ability to attract athletes to sports which helps. I am an old school coach who grew up where everyone ran track, no questions, but currently, track (the most important football offseason workout) is one of the least participated in sport because 1) it is difficult 2) it takes gonads to have to race at track meets and NOT win. Only one winner and todays athletes will get their feelings hurt and rather not run than to get a trophy. I thought upon seeing the great turnout in track that he would also be successful in any sport as the head. The great football coaches are successful at other sports and also in the classroom. I have coached withy a lot of coaches who brag," I ain't worth a dang in the classroom, but boy I can coach football." WRONG, if your character is that weak that you abuse your role as a teacher you are not a good coach. The best coaches i have worked with in 3 and a half decades were also quality teachers.

38 minutes ago, Coachbearoso said:

I know he was the head football coach, lost to Longview, I was at that game. But when i coached track I met him and was amazed at how many athletes were out for track which showed me he has the ability to attract athletes to sports which helps. I am an old school coach who grew up where everyone ran track, no questions, but currently, track (the most important football offseason workout) is one of the least participated in sport because 1) it is difficult 2) it takes gonads to have to race at track meets and NOT win. Only one winner and todays athletes will get their feelings hurt and rather not run than to get a trophy. I thought upon seeing the great turnout in track that he would also be successful in any sport as the head. The great football coaches are successful at other sports and also in the classroom. I have coached withy a lot of coaches who brag," I ain't worth a dang in the classroom, but boy I can coach football." WRONG, if your character is that weak that you abuse your role as a teacher you are not a good coach. The best coaches i have worked with in 3 and a half decades were also quality teachers.

That was a heartbreaker....

Driving down the field with a few minutes left and WB fumbles. It was a great year for those kids.

12 hours ago, Coachbearoso said:

I can understand how you arrived at that conclusion.  A leader is a leader whether it’s the classroom, football or business.  Centuries ago (lol) when I was in the Army, we were being taught by three Sgts in a mundane class/subject.  Two put us all to sleep.  The third made it the most interesting thing possible.  Had the other two ask for volunteers to charge a fortified position, doubt there would’ve been any volunteers.  Had the third, most of us would’ve stepped forward.  To this day, and I’ve thought of it quite a few times, I’ve no idea why.  He just had “it”.

56 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I can understand how you arrived at that conclusion.  A leader is a leader whether it’s the classroom, football or business.  Centuries ago (lol) when I was in the Army, we were being taught by three Sgts in a mundane class/subject.  Two put us all to sleep.  The third made it the most interesting thing possible.  Had the other two ask for volunteers to charge a fortified position, doubt there would’ve been any volunteers.  Had the third, most of us would’ve stepped forward.  To this day, and I’ve thought of it quite a few times, I’ve no idea why.  He just had “it”.

Exactly, the “it” factor that true leaders have. You can describe it many ways because it’s different for a lot of leaders but it can be identified through the actions of the people beneath them . I could tell he had it. 👍🏻🐻✝️

A few weeks ago, some posters said that CH has some horses over there, and they do. One thing they do well with their athleticism, is getting to the edge on designed runs and screen passes and they gashed Vidor pretty much all night getting their players in space. Their young QB is not accurate throwing especially on the run, so if he drop backs and his first read isn't there he's taking off. I sure hope LCM can pull it off and wouldn't be surprised if they do. But CH just beat a really good Kilgore team, it's gonna be a barn burner regardless!

2 hours ago, piratevillain said:

A few weeks ago, some posters said that CH has some horses over there, and they do. One thing they do well with their athleticism, is getting to the edge on designed runs and screen passes and they gashed Vidor pretty much all night getting their players in space. Their young QB is not accurate throwing especially on the run, so if he drop backs and his first read isn't there he's taking off. I sure hope LCM can pull it off and wouldn't be surprised if they do. But CH just beat a really good Kilgore team, it's gonna be a barn burner regardless!

LCM > Vidor

25 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Back in Sept/Oct this wasn't the case, but if a healthy Vidor team got a healthy LCM team today, it would definitely be interesting...but that's neither here nor there....I want to see these Bears keep rolling with a win over Chapel Hill tomorrow night!

No doubt a healthy Vidor team plays Kilgore... not sure if they get past them. Somewhere in the multiverse LCM v Vidor @ Provost Umphrey Stadium is happening with 15K+ in attendance. It would be a battle.

2 minutes ago, HasBeen36 said:

I might get cussed off of the Board for this but I think the magic run ends. Chapel Hill by 14

I don’t see anyone cussing you out. Everyone has opinions. Everyone has doubted LCM all year we were 1-7 last year turned around to 11-2. Most teams don’t win like that over night. Win or lose it’s been a great season and next year we will even be better

11 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I don’t see anyone cussing you out. Everyone has opinions. Everyone has doubted LCM all year we were 1-7 last year turned around to 11-2. Most teams don’t win like that over night. Win or lose it’s been a great season and next year we will even be better

Semi just making a joke about the cussing. 
I hope the bears get after their young QB and make it happen. Just not sure it will.