West Orange Stark vs China Spring

monknuk

8 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Well… I think West Orange will need to straighten out the secondary. I feel like CS is gonna try and throw the ball and their QB is a hell of a player. Carthage just looked like they were losing the battle at the line of scrimmage on defense from what I saw and that QB can chew up yards if that’s the case this week. As far as their defense I feel like there are some similarities between Bellville and China Spring, but I think CS tends to tackle better. If I’m putting money on this game I’d have to bet on the cougars… they just beat Carthage and they are the team to beat in 4A D2 now IMO Can WOS win this game? Absolutely. Coach T will have a game plan for sure . CLEAN UP THE PENALTIES lol

Well with shaw back the secondary will be better. If w.o safeties play well they will be hard to beat.bcz of 2 reasons.one they have to run the alleys to help contain the Qb on read options.and second that deep post route and the deep streak that they run.if they play well w.o should win.and we should be able to run a bunch of screens when they blitz off the edge.

8 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

That is a heart warming story. Don't get me wrong I truly respect their purpose, but on Friday night it becomes irrelevant. Our purpose should and will be be win this game no matter who is wearing light blue.

Absolutely correct.our kids know there a gud team and we really have to dig in this week to win.

This is a tough game to pick.  On paper, CS beats Carthage & that makes them the favorite, but…….like basketball, sometimes football is about matchups, and that distorts the heck out of this game.  The Carthage D is one of the best in the State, but that’s based on defending the spread offense most schools run.  They play CS who, at least in that game, was a predominately run offense, which they do very, very well.  The Carthage D was out of sync.  CS hit them in the soft spot, their one weakness. 
On the other hand, the Mustangs D has faced quite a few run oriented teams, starting with Vidor in a pre-season scrimmage.  They defend it very well.  IMO WOS has a much better chance beating CS than they would’ve against Carthage.  This should be one durn good football game.  I’m pulling for The Stangs, but CS has to be the favorite.  More I look at this one, the better WOS chances look.  This one, all about the matchup.