West Orange Stark vs China Spring

monknuk

20 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Thank you for clarifying.Well I was one of those doubters with good reason.Yes we were winning and playing not so competitive teams and looked real sloppy in doing so the first of the season.I also said we still had enough games left to improve.The way we were playing you have to be honest a far run in the playoffs didn't seem in the cards with the teams we would have to play.But alas,this team has gotten better and I think peaking at the right time.In my opinion we going to be hard to beat.  

No problem we are united now to get this win and move to the next round. I truly, like the way the Mustangs are playing football. This game will be a challenge there is no doubt about that. The players are ready.  We as supporters will need to bring good energy, a yell our arse off at the game come Friday night in Tomball. CS travels well and their fans make a lot of noise.

2 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Several flags against WOS in the Bellville game negated some big plays, even a touchdown. That gives some folk reason to think they've been slighted which wasn't the case I don't think.

No all calls were bad.but the int that they called back was bad bcz they called holding on #13. The ball was tipped so everyone has a right to the ball.

7 hours ago, dj said:

No all calls were bad.but the int that they called back was bad bcz they called holding on #13. The ball was tipped so everyone has a right to the ball.

Six of one half dozen the other.The ref  that threw the flag for holding made the call he saw,good call.The other ref just didn't see the tip so that was a missed call.There is a fine line on some infractions and some ref's let it go and then you have ref's that are flag happy that calls every thing.You probably could throw a flag on every play for something.The ref's that do give the others a bad name.jmo.

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Six of one half dozen the other.The ref  that threw the flag for holding made the call he saw,good call.The other ref just didn't see the tip so that was a missed call.There is a fine line on some infractions and some ref's let it go and then you have ref's that are flag happy that calls every thing.You probably could throw a flag on every play for something.The ref's that do give the others a bad name.jmo.

Yup, you could definitely call holding every play in any game. 

5 minutes ago, griff said:

aTmfan06, your good sportsmanship is appreciated. Thanks for always keeping the conversation civil and clean with WO-S fans every year we've played Bellville.  

That's good to hear. I know much of this culture today does not value good sportsmanship or public civility in social media, but they should. I value people can agree to disagree, and stay away from devolving into trash talk. I would much rather talk football!     

52 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Like to hear your take on this game.I know your leaning CS.What makes the difference.Just let me have it.I got tough skin.lol

Well… I think West Orange will need to straighten out the secondary. I feel like CS is gonna try and throw the ball and their QB is a hell of a player. Carthage just looked like they were losing the battle at the line of scrimmage on defense from what I saw and that QB can chew up yards if that’s the case this week. As far as their defense I feel like there are some similarities between Bellville and China Spring, but I think CS tends to tackle better. If I’m putting money on this game I’d have to bet on the cougars… they just beat Carthage and they are the team to beat in 4A D2 now IMO Can WOS win this game? Absolutely. Coach T will have a game plan for sure . CLEAN UP THE PENALTIES lol

I'm getting a good vibe with this team. Some of you know what I'm talking about.  Elijah Gales is a grown natural man. Our QB is gaining confidence and making good plays and decisions. The D whatever you call is its usual self. Carmella Jones was still looking for someone to hit after the game. Shaw is back. Special teams playing well. Gonna be a great game. China Spring will not get the same model Mustangs they saw last year. 

5 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Well… I think West Orange will need to straighten out the secondary. I feel like CS is gonna try and throw the ball and their QB is a hell of a player. Carthage just looked like they were losing the battle at the line of scrimmage on defense from what I saw and that QB can chew up yards if that’s the case this week. As far as their defense I feel like there are some similarities between Bellville and China Spring, but I think CS tends to tackle better. If I’m putting money on this game I’d have to bet on the cougars… they just beat Carthage and they are the team to beat in 4A D2 now IMO Can WOS win this game? Absolutely. Coach T will have a game plan for sure . CLEAN UP THE PENALTIES lol

Yep that qb is the key and spark for CS.His coach said as much in a interview.Simple game plan is to pressure and contain him.How well we can do that will determine the outcome if every thing else is equal.I fell we can but can we do it for 4 quarters?

Just watched the Bellville game and wow is there speed all over the place. O-line looks solid and y’all certainly have 4 guys that consistently make plays on O. I do think this is a tougher matchup than the Carthage game now to be honest. Especially once you take the names off the jerseys looking objectively. The QB will no doubt be difficult to contain on pass plays and wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a spy utilized when looking at those situations. That said I do think CS is stronger than Bville on both sides of the ball. If y’all could reel in the stupid stuff (bad snaps/penalties) that game would’ve been a blow out. Gonna be a close game for sure though. This one looks like it’ll be decided on the line (as usual). Maybe a 28-21 or 31-28 type game if I had to guess. I’m an idiot though so who knows. Safe travels for all involved and go Cougs!!

6 hours ago, Majestyk said:

I'm getting a good vibe with this team. Some of you know what I'm talking about.  Elijah Gales is a grown natural man. Our QB is gaining confidence and making good plays and decisions. The D whatever you call is its usual self. Carmella Jones was still looking for someone to hit after the game. Shaw is back. Special teams playing well. Gonna be a great game. China Spring will not get the same model Mustangs they saw last year. 

cant give cs a short field are it going to be a long drive home

On 11/29/2021 at 8:11 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

To me it's a set-up for an excuse if yall lose. Just like you I didn't get the reasoning for her comment either.

I've seen WOS get way more calls for them than against them going back to the days Coach Hooks was after the zebras on a golf cart. 😁 

At this point of the season I rarely see a poorly officiated game 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Stangs get some revenge this weekend. 

I agree, most of the time we ARE doing the crime. I see a bunch we get away with, too. It’s one of those things we need to clean up in a hurry.

13 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I agree, most of the time we ARE doing the crime. I see a bunch we get away with, too. It’s one of those things we need to clean up in a hurry.

They'll get it right. Them boys want revenge im sure. The biggest thing is for them not to come in too pumped up for the game.