Port Neches-Groves 21 Texas High 44/Final

AggiesAreWe

8 hours ago, Bordertown said:

Blind side hit - yes, targeting - no. I agree the coaches did a good job pulling their kids together to re-focus the game. I think there was frustration on the part of PNG and standing up for your teammates by Texas High. Most of the foolishness occurred in the 4th quarter with Tiger reserves in the game. No excuse but both teams were to blame. Sorry the young man was injured.

Rule on Targeting: Defenseless Player; Head to Head Contact and Launching.  If you want the slow motion replay, I have it.  Private message me and I will send it to you.  Thanks for your concern on the injured player.  But an ejection was warranted and the officials loss control of the game early! Period

If we are talking about the play where the THS QB scrambled on the THS sideline and a Tiger WR was coming back to block. The QB was out of bounds and the WR hit the PNG late (he was injured and appeared to be favoring an arm). Watched the replay three times. Sorry I did not see targeting. Never led with the helmet. It was a late hit and a penalty was properly assessed. Until that point, I thought both teams played football without the drama. It became chippy from that point and the officials dealt with it with both teams.

2 hours ago, Bordertown said:

If we are talking about the play where the THS QB scrambled on the THS sideline and a Tiger WR was coming back to block. The QB was out of bounds and the WR hit the PNG late (he was injured and appeared to be favoring an arm). Watched the replay three times. Sorry I did not see targeting. Never led with the helmet. It was a late hit and a penalty was properly assessed. Until that point, I thought both teams played football without the drama. It became chippy from that point and the officials dealt with it with both teams.

That was the play.  The kid from PNG had been a thorn in the side of your #1 WR all night.  Words were said on previous series by the kids and he coaches group Texas High.  Then this happened on next series.  No room for it in High School Football.  Period!  And if that is what it takes to win a State Championship, so be it.  Enjoy your great season!  Very shallow....

Weasel, I am not hiding behind a computer screen. I am not condoning the hit. It was a penalty properly called by the officials in my opinion, but not a “targeting” subject to ejection. The THS player did not lead with his helmet, but I was a late block from behind. I have no idea of conversations players were having during the game. But I suspect if words were exchanged, both were guilty of engaging in the banter. By your detail knowledge l have to assume it was your kid. I hope he recovers. I hate it when a team loses they claim the other team did not play fair. PNG had a young team and a bright future. That is what you need to focus on.

6 hours ago, Bordertown said:

It wasn’t targeting. But it was just as bad. It was a flagrant, unnecessary, late blindside hit. The player did “favor an arm” because that arm, from what we saw, is broken - they had to cut his shoulder pads off on the PNG sideline. He was on the ground for about five minutes. For no reason other than apparent malice, and completely uncalled for in a game where everything is going in favor of Texas High. I wouldn’t characterize the hit as anything other than an inexcusable cheap shot, and the kid who did it should have been ejected. It wasn’t just “oh football is rough,” and it wasn’t merely incidental contact. He should have been kicked out of the game, if he wasn’t (I don’t think the refs ejected him) and he shouldn’t be allowed to play in the next game. Other than that play, hats off to Texas High. Clearly the better team, and will be a handful for Crosby. I’ve never seen such a good defensive line. Congrats on the win. 

Prayers for png player. I do believe the talking went back and forth all game.. #3 one of their corners batted a ball down when it was 37-7 and followed t high receiver back to huddle talking . #13 the receiver you mentioned is a sophomore 5’7 maybe 160 pounds . I don’t think he intended to hurt anyone.

14 hours ago, the weasel said:

Yes sir!! And deserved! Cheap shots are not a part of this game and never should be.  Don't hide behind a curtain....that doesn't make you a tough guy.  

Well, weasel, let's revisit my prediction:  "Going with Texas High by at least 2 touchdowns!"  And let's revisit your response:  "Not happening"  All I can say is -- dang, I'm good!  :)

And BTW -- stop blaming the officials!  

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

So PNG which defense was worse to play TH or Crosby. 

seems like similar results can anyone compare them? 

I watched both games. I think Crosby had the better defense against PNG. Hard to measure since both dominated, but against Crosby my sense was nothing we could do would work, while against TH the sense was if we would execute we’d be staying in the game. 

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

Well, weasel, let's revisit my prediction:  "Going with Texas High by at least 2 touchdowns!"  And let's revisit your response:  "Not happening"  All I can say is -- dang, I'm good!  :)

And BTW -- stop blaming the officials!  

Nice prediction! Hope it makes you feel like a BIG Man! Dang your good!  Kid has a broken collarbone and needs surgery...but glad you feel good about it!  And yes, the officials loss control of the game.  When that happens, usually after the play injuries happen.  The QB was 3 yards out of bounds when the cheap shot happened.  Watch the replay as all of his teammates rush #13 to their own sidelines to hide him because they all knew... Good luck on your next prediction...and hope it makes you feel good.

19 hours ago, the weasel said:

Nice prediction! Hope it makes you feel like a BIG Man! Dang your good!  Kid has a broken collarbone and needs surgery...but glad you feel good about it!  And yes, the officials loss control of the game.  When that happens, usually after the play injuries happen.  The QB was 3 yards out of bounds when the cheap shot happened.  Watch the replay as all of his teammates rush #13 to their own sidelines to hide him because they all knew... Good luck on your next prediction...and hope it makes you feel good.

What does my excellent prediction and a kid getting hurt have to do with one another??  No one wants a kid hurt.  It's a little bizarre that you would think that.  Apparently you are trying to connect dots that aren't there. Trying to confuse to hide your prediction?  LOL!

Football is a collision sport and with that goes, unfortunately, injuries.  But to constantly blame the officials since PNG's wupping, is a bit disingenuous.  Yeah, officials are going to make mistakes.  But to say they lost control of the game, well, again, is connecting dots that aren't there.  Unless you are also blaming the officials for PNG's wupping!