Port Neches-Groves 21 Texas High 44/Final

AggiesAreWe

• bullets13 changed the title to Port Neches-Groves 21 Texas High 44/Final
2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Great season PNG. You finish 3rd in the district and still play until Thanksgiving. That’s salty no matter how you slice it but I think it’s especially good for y’all this year considering how bleak it looked for the Indians at different times this year. 

With 17 starters returning should be a neat season next year

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Great season PNG. You finish 3rd in the district and still play until Thanksgiving. That’s salty no matter how you slice it but I think it’s especially good for y’all this year considering how bleak it looked for the Indians at different times this year. 

We dont always see eye to eye, but I would personally like to thank you for your support through the playoffs. You have been a good fan to the Indians since the playoffs began and it hasnt gone unnoticed by me. Thanks again and I will be cheering Crosby all the way. Go Cougs!

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

We dont always see eye to eye, but I would personally like to thank you for your support through the playoffs. You have been a good fan to the Indians since the playoffs began and it hasnt gone unnoticed by me. Thanks again and I will be cheering Crosby all the way. Go Cougs!

Appreciate it Prep, had a good time at y’all’s games. We’ll clean up those boys from Texarkana for y’all next week too. They beat a couple of 12-5A teams and think that freshwater combo they got from Walmart can land these redfish. We’re about to show them what this “Salt Life” is all about though. 

One observation I would like to make to what could have been a great game to watch.  The Official Crew should be reported to the UIL for their poor performance in keeping this game under somewhat of control.  The late hits with no flags was obvious and ridiculous.  The late hit by #13 after the play was over with 5 minutes left in the game was targeting and should have been ejected.  Until the officials make the right calls, Players will continue to get injured and certain teams and players will continue to take their shots.  Good luck next week Crosby and tell your kids to keep their head on a swivel...

1 minute ago, the weasel said:

One observation I would like to make to what could have been a great game to watch.  The Official Crew should be reported to the UIL for their poor performance in keeping this game under somewhat of control.  The late hits with no flags was obvious and ridiculous.  The late hit by #13 after the play was over with 5 minutes left in the game was targeting and should have been ejected.  Until the officials make the right calls, Players will continue to get injured and certain teams and players will continue to take their shots.  Good luck next week Crosby and tell your kids to keep their head on a swivel...

I wouldn’t say either team played dirty but I agree some could have been avoided. We could say same about 53 and 48 standing over rb every time in on a tackle even when game was way out of hand. 13 didn’t get back in game after that hit. Credit to PNG coach and T High coach imo they stopped game themselves and got everybody off the sidelines to make sure some of that was stopped. 

12 minutes ago, the weasel said:

Big Difference from Standing over the RB after a clean hit and a flat out targeting unnecessary after the play blind side hit.  The kid suffered a broken collarbone from it.

Blind side hit - yes, targeting - no. I agree the coaches did a good job pulling their kids together to re-focus the game. I think there was frustration on the part of PNG and standing up for your teammates by Texas High. Most of the foolishness occurred in the 4th quarter with Tiger reserves in the game. No excuse but both teams were to blame. Sorry the young man was injured.

37 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Appreciate it Prep, had a good time at y’all’s games. We’ll clean up those boys from Texarkana for y’all next week too. They beat a couple of 12-5A teams and think that freshwater combo they got from Walmart can land these redfish. We’re about to show them what this “Salt Life” is all about though. 

Please do my brother we Indians will be rooting for you to win it all

3 hours ago, the weasel said:

Big Difference from Standing over the RB after a clean hit and a flat out targeting unnecessary after the play blind side hit.  The kid suffered a broken collarbone from it.

Yes sir.  That was a really cheap shot and not necessary, as he was already headed out of bounds.  Pathetic!  
GO COUGARS!!!!!