Crosby 53 A&M Consolidated 50/Final

AggiesAreWe

6 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I honestly don’t k ow who’s in your district I think Timber view and y’all made third round? They lost to Lovejoy if I’m correct. 

who was 3 and 4? 

Burleson who almost beat Lovejoy (4th and goal dropped a pass that they might have scored on)

Everman (who lead SOC 28-21 in the 3rd)

Arlington Seguin and Cleburne also add depth for a 5th and 6th place team. 

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Excellent assessment. The only thing I don’t agree with is that “the defense did everything they could to give it away”. #15 fumbling the interception after when he could’ve just gone down and we win by 10, maybe? People were struggling with this in my section I was sitting too but what we were looking at is our defenders being blocked, we just hadn’t seen that in the 12 games prior so some of us mistook it for the defense trying to “give it away”. That was some serious personnel AMC had on the I-line last night. 

Agree 100% with these assessments. Defense didn't play down they were up against a real deal offensive line.  But I think the stars are lining up perfectly again for Crosby. That match up will be a great learning tool for that secondary. They've been spoiled all year by the front 7 applying pressure. They need to be able to hold their own when that pressure doesn't get there. And fight off those blocks and make some tackles when needed. I think TH will come out with some resistance and make it a game but I also think they will make some mistakes that the sharper Crosby team will capitalize on. 

17 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Agree 100% with these assessments. Defense didn't play down they were up against a real deal offensive line.  But I think the stars are lining up perfectly again for Crosby. That match up will be a great learning tool for that secondary. They've been spoiled all year by the front 7 applying pressure. They need to be able to hold their own when that pressure doesn't get there. And fight off those blocks and make some tackles when needed. I think TH will come out with some resistance and make it a game but I also think they will make some mistakes that the sharper Crosby team will capitalize on. 

Only gets tougher from here on out. Thigh, LH, SOC/LJ

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby was up 17 points with 7 mins left after a penalty filled 3rd quarter that hindered our offense. Not to mention a drive killing penalty at the end of the first half which caused us to only go into the half up 10 points. 

Crosby takes the ball away from you. Outside of the teams that play in garbage district like Aledo, Liberty Hill and SOC I would imagine Crosby may have the most takeaways in all of 5A-D2? Those turnovers AMC had last night were a feature of playing the Cougars, not a bug in AMC’s offense. The three pics AMC’s qb threw last night we just part of the probably 20 ints Crosby has on the season. That fumble you’re talking about by their back was off a strip by #90 that he practices every week. 

I appreciate the compliment though. You know your team is starting to be seen in a different light when people start to have the audacity to question third round wins. 

Lol come on 5 turnovers and won by 3. Y’all are gonna miss the hell out of kirkwood..that catch like many plays he has made all season saved the game. 

the ints were nothing special, the freshman qb got away with a bunch of prayers against BH. If they played again that wasn’t gonna happen regardless of who the opponent was.  That kid is gonna be good but he isn’t ready yet. 

And don’t tell me about being up double digits with 5 minutes left..it’s irrelevant and Crosby was again one onside kick from possibly losing the game which was a much different story than the 28 Pt non competitive games most Crosby fans were predicting. 

10 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

And don’t tell me about being up double digits with 5 minutes left..it’s irrelevant and Crosby was again one onside kick from possibly losing the game which was a much different story than the 28 Pt non competitive games most Crosby fans were predicting. 

To be fair they are the mecca.

19 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Lol come on 5 turnovers and won by 3. Y’all are gonna miss the hell out of kirkwood..that catch like many plays he has made all season saved the game. 

the ints were nothing special, the freshman qb got away with a bunch of prayers against BH. If they played again that wasn’t gonna happen regardless of who the opponent was.  That kid is gonna be good but he isn’t ready yet. 

They miss the hell out of Dunn and Branch also, next year they’re going to lose more.  The pipeline is full though.  I’d rather be on the field  the onside kick to win than being on the need to recover it and then maybe score to tie or win.  

25 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

14 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

To be fair they are the mecca.

It’s amazing how upset fans get when basketball season comes earlier than they would like. 

17 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

The point of all the points your desperately trying to make is irrelevant. Crosby took care of business and the hill came up short. Barbers hill had many different opportunities to put the game away and it didn't happen.  Crosby made a few adjustments at the half and were able to get some much needed stops as well as win the turnover battle. 

Could Crosby have lost? Yes but here we are headed to lufkin to play Texas High In December. Had the hill taken care of business I honestly believe yall would have had the higher hand and be playing ball next week, but ya didn't. 

BTW it's week 4 baby! Let's talk about Texas High, AMC is old news!

#AllGasNoBreaks 

49 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Upset? At what? This is not the first time we have lost and it wont be the last. 

I think those comments were meant for Steven Avery. He's still hung up on the predictions instead of the actual game that Crosby won. Its the third rd of the playoffs. All these teams are good and NOBODY wants to go home. 

12 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Congrats Crosby! Texas High is going to be a lot tougher than last year, should be a great game. As for Consolidated that freshman QB and Soph RB’s will have them sitting pretty the next several seasons.

Yes as long as they can reload on the D/O- line they will be a strong favorite in reg 3!

As for Texas high I have to say first to 50 wins. They have big butterball linemen that our fast d line will be able to take advantage of. 

There defense is nowhere close to the size of AMC (thank goodness) so that will help tremendously! They are faster tho so we will have to be ready for that. 

I'm not sold on Texas high and the record they have. They have yet to break 50 in a game this season I think if Crosby comes out and punches them in the mouth again like last year it will be a wild ride!

16 hours ago, #COUGAR08 said:

The point of all the points your desperately trying to make is irrelevant. Crosby took care of business and the hill came up short. Barbers hill had many different opportunities to put the game away and it didn't happen.  Crosby made a few adjustments at the half and were able to get some much needed stops as well as win the turnover battle. 

Could Crosby have lost? Yes but here we are headed to lufkin to play Texas High In December. Had the hill taken care of business I honestly believe yall would have had the higher hand and be playing ball next week, but ya didn't. 

BTW it's week 4 baby! Let's talk about Texas High, AMC is old news!

#AllGasNoBreaks 

The real difference is we scored to go up by 17 with 8 minutes left, made then stay in bounds and by the time they got the ball back with a 10 pt lead they had 4 left in the game. The coaching staff played clock management at the end of the game because of the lead. We punted on 4th and 1 which we never do hit we were up by 10 with like 3:40 left in game. 

we also got our 4th downs, and punched in our red zone attempts. 

Kirkwood was aggressively interfered with if that’s a drop and a flag it’s 1st and goal from the 2. Unlike BH we were getting those two yards when we needed them. 

He also is ignoring one of those picks should have made the game a 10 point win which any team will take in a playoff game. But the defensive back immediately fumbled it giving them good field position, had he dropped it it was 3rd and 9, had he sat down it was ball game. 

so silly seeing BH fans try to unravel a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter and a coaching staff who did what there’s didn’t, had good time management. 

1 hour ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Yes as long as they can reload on the D/O- line they will be a strong favorite in reg 3!

As for Texas high I have to say first to 50 wins. They have big butterball linemen that our fast d line will be able to take advantage of. 

There defense is nowhere close to the size of AMC (thank goodness) so that will help tremendously! They are faster tho so we will have to be ready for that. 

I'm not sold on Texas high and the record they have. They have yet to break 50 in a game this season I think if Crosby comes out and punches them in the mouth again like last year it will be a wild ride!

They haven't had to score 50. Their defense is not only fast but they seem disciplined. I know one thing they are not going to play press man all night against us like they did PNG. Somebody getting cooked. 

I trust Crosby coaching staff to find ways to exploit that defense and I trust Crosby defense to make some stops. They won't have the success Manvel and Consol had running the ball. I'm thinking something like "Hagler vs Hearns" with Crosby being Hagler. Starts out as a brawl but ends in a KO.