Crosby 53 A&M Consolidated 50/Final

AggiesAreWe

Final note looks like consolidated’s gameplan was a mixture of the BH pound the rock and the Carthage underneath passing game. 

most deep passes in this game ended in Crosby hands so, they were restricted and the deep throw wasn’t a real option. 

zero pressure on QB, Zero penetration to the running side of ball for most the game. The few times that we did it was Casey making a big play or #5 coming off edge. 

really disappointing performance from the defense they did everything they could to give that one away. 

the pick and fumble was absolutely inexcusable, and I’m just glad we survived, looked like kids bought their own hype this week, and A&M had a solid gameplan. 

second half adjustments were much better but we must play better to win next week. 

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

I hate being  right sometimes. Knew this one would be close. 

Very hard to win games at this level when you get dominated at the line of scrimmage the way Crosby was tonight. This was your Cedar Park, Elgin and Ridge Point type games Crosby would lose by 28 a few years ago. I loved the heck out of Rio for what he did for the program but right now we’re just better coached than pretty much everybody around the state and teams are finding that tough to deal with. 

18 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Hmm I need to go back to see the predictions posts where I recall most were calling for 21-28 Pt wins for Crosby lol. Even with A&M having a freshman qb throwing 4 pics and backup running back fumbling a td away they were one on side kick from winning. 

Should’ve been 3-4 TD win, and as I predicted multiple ints.

30 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

The difference in the BH game and this one is the int’s that Crosby was able to get off of the young QB. If AMC kept it on the ground, Crosby would’ve been in trouble.

Totally agree. AMC was a great ballclub, my hats off to them. Very big and physical. BUTTT, it's off to rd 4 for the coogs! Let's see what we can do with Texas high. 

57 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Hmm I need to go back to see the predictions posts where I recall most were calling for 21-28 Pt wins for Crosby lol. Even with A&M having a freshman qb throwing 4 pics and backup running back fumbling a td away they were one on side kick from winning. 

I never make predictions because it is young high school players and anything can happen. In the end, Crosby got the win and is playing in the regional finals.  These are just more practices and games for next years squad to get a leg up on everyone else.  

Congratulations to our brothers and sisters from across the River. You have my 100% loyalty and support all the way to State. You make this district proud and you are the class of the district. Great win last night and I am your biggest non-Crosby fan from here on out. I will wear my Houston Rockets red hat until your season ends each day in support of you. Go Crosby and 12-5A.

26 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I never make predictions because it is young high school players and anything can happen. In the end, Crosby got the win and is playing in the regional finals.  These are just more practices and games for next years squad to get a leg up on everyone else.  

I was saying in another post. The Indians have the whole O line back, the QB, the top 3 WRs, we literally have 17 starters back next season. Our district should realignment keep us all together should be good prep for whomever makes it out alive to the playoffs next year. PNG was so young this season most people dont know were able to make it this far with 17 underclassmen starting.     GO Cougs.

23 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I was saying in another post. The Indians have the whole O line back, the QB, the top 3 WRs, we literally have 17 starters back next season. Our district should realignment keep us all together should be good prep for whomever makes it out alive to the playoffs next year. PNG was so young this season most people dont know were able to make it this far with 17 underclassmen starting.     GO Cougs.

Yall have had my support after we played yall at the res. The district as a whole should be a extremely tough out next year between Crosby, PNG, Barbers Hill, and ? 

Once this season is over I will be very much looking forward to next year's district run. Very possible one of the top 5 in 5A D2. 

Some observations from last night, the adjustment after the third qtr td running it up Crosby’s throat was they rolled the linebacker to be the 5th lineman and put Casey over the center.  That took the run away(finally), I just wish they would’ve done that a tad bit earlier. Personally I think the biggest coaches mistake last night was in the 3rd qtr when they were ripping off chunk plays in the run game and decided to try and throw it up top and it was picked off.  They had some confusion also with play calling a couple of times and wasted some time outs.  Next week Crosby is gonna need to play cleaner though.

2 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Crosby was up 17 points with 7 mins left after a penalty filled 3rd quarter that hindered our offense. Not to mention a drive killing penalty at the end of the first half which caused us to only go into the half up 10 points. 

Crosby takes the ball away from you. Outside of the teams that play in garbage district like Aledo, Liberty Hill and SOC I would imagine Crosby may have the most takeaways in all of 5A-D2? Those turnovers AMC had last night were a feature of playing the Cougars, not a bug in AMC’s offense. The three pics AMC’s qb threw last night we just part of the probably 20 ints Crosby has on the season. That fumble you’re talking about by their back was off a strip by #90 that he practices every week. 

I appreciate the compliment though. You know your team is starting to be seen in a different light when people start to have the audacity to question third round wins. 

39 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Some observations from last night, the adjustment after the third qtr td running it up Crosby’s throat was they rolled the linebacker to be the 5th lineman and put Casey over the center.  That took the run away(finally), I just wish they would’ve done that a tad bit earlier. Personally I think the biggest coaches mistake last night was in the 3rd qtr when they were ripping off chunk plays in the run game and decided to try and throw it up top and it was picked off.  They had some confusion also with play calling a couple of times and wasted some time outs.  Next week Crosby is gonna need to play cleaner though.

No doubt we need to play cleaner, those penalties kept at least 10 points off the board and maybe even more. On the flip side TH will not be able to do what AMC did to us at the LOS though. Not to mention their offense isn’t near as good as AMC’s, although their defense may be a little better? 

I went down to the lower level last night on the rail and realized AMC is the same size as Manvel. I haven’t seen Crosby on the field with a team that size in our division since FB Ridge Point in 2015. I think Texas High is a waaaayyyy more favorable matchup for Crosby than AMC was. TH is basically Texas City with a better qb and rb, and not near what we just saw at the LOS. They look a lot closer to Marshall in that area. 

Congratulations Cougars, i too was expecting a little more breathing room in the score but I based it on watching the second half of the Barbers Hill game. A M has good coaching which will make such a big difference during nut cutting time. Crosby seems to be slowly entering the likes Katy, Aledo  and North shore consistency which leads to championship possibilities. I saw where Katy and North shore were constantly scrutinized on social media that they were going to be taken down because this or that by the new kids in town but they do what they do AGAIN. Also with Crosby the brutal non district schedule and brutal district schedule is paying dividends Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron👍🏻✝️🐻

11 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Final note looks like consolidated’s gameplan was a mixture of the BH pound the rock and the Carthage underneath passing game. 

most deep passes in this game ended in Crosby hands so, they were restricted and the deep throw wasn’t a real option. 

zero pressure on QB, Zero penetration to the running side of ball for most the game. The few times that we did it was Casey making a big play or #5 coming off edge. 

really disappointing performance from the defense they did everything they could to give that one away. 

the pick and fumble was absolutely inexcusable, and I’m just glad we survived, looked like kids bought their own hype this week, and A&M had a solid gameplan. 

second half adjustments were much better but we must play better to win next week. 

Excellent assessment. The only thing I don’t agree with is that “the defense did everything they could to give it away”. #15 fumbling the interception after when he could’ve just gone down and we win by 10, maybe? People were struggling with this in my section I was sitting too but what we were looking at is our defenders being blocked, we just hadn’t seen that in the 12 games prior so some of us mistook it for the defense trying to “give it away”. That was some serious personnel AMC had on the I-line last night. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Excellent assessment. The only thing I don’t agree with is that “the defense did everything they could to give it away”. #15 fumbling the interception after when he could’ve just gone down and we win by 10, maybe? People were struggling with this in my section I was sitting too but what we were looking at is our defenders being blocked, we just hadn’t seen that in the 12 games prior so some of us mistook it for the defense trying to “give it away”. That was some serious personnel AMC had on the I-line last night. 

The number of missed tackles was rather bad as well. I love #4 he’s a great receiver but he got trucked 3-5 times that game by a guy that was his size. 

the middle linebacker run fits we’re awful in the first half. But Tbf I think we saw more at the line of scrimmage audibles than we’ve seen the whole season combined in that one. 

ive never seen a QB change the play as much as we saw with A&M they would wait for us to setup and then change the side of the play. One time he audibles into a option off it. 

run fits were bad, D-line getting blocked you can excuse to some level but for the whole first half they simply ran to the opposite side of #5 everyplace and there was no one coming to force the running back into the help. We set the edge maybe 5 times in the first half. 

second half we played 5 on the LOS which made a large difference, we also finally got a holding call. 

We played ball hawking defense in the secondary for sure, but the short passing game seems to be the weakness of this defense unless you dominate the LOS. Three times this year we have lost/not won at the LOS ACM, Manvel, BH. ACM might have been the best O-Line we faced. 

I think the biggest stand out was we did not have a player in the middle that could see what’s happening and force the adjustment. Our middle linebackers looked lost all game. 

on top of that we gave up some blown coverages throughout the game that lead to big chunk plays in the secondary. 

the one thing the defense did yesterday was take the ball away, and they did it often, and they even took a fumble for a TD. 

but if we didn’t have 40 and 14 we wouldn’t be a very good defense just my opinion.