Bridge city is getting turf and a new track at the football stadium!!!

lcm93

21 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I’m sure the bond is being talked about. But we got folks that are  talking about more injuries occur on turf then grass smh. There always as to be one that has to be against it. 

Those folks probably never stepped foot on grass or turf and participated in a sport let alone know anything about medical issues. 

I personally like turf it’s benefits & playing on it but injuries are significantly higher on turf then grass 

There has been a professional company studying turf\ grass injuries for the NFL since 1980 

All body injuries are 27% higher on turf then grass

Non Contact Knee, ankle & foot injuries with more then 8 days recovery are 67% higher on turf then grass 

Non Contact Ankle injuries are 68% higher on turf then grass 

Non Contact Ankle injuries with more then 8 days recovery are 103% higher on turf then grass

This is the hidden content, please

11 hours ago, KF89 said:

I personally like turf it’s benefits & playing on it but injuries are significantly higher on turf then grass 

There has been a professional company studying turf\ grass injuries for the NFL since 1980 

Non Contact Knee, ankle & foot injuries with more then 8 days recovery are 67% higher on turf then grass 

Non Contact Ankle injuries with more then 8 days recovery are 103% higher on turf then grass

Very good information thanks.

15 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I’m sure the bond is being talked about. But we got folks that are  talking about more injuries occur on turf then grass smh. There always as to be one that has to be against it. 

Injuries are going to happen regardless, kids will just learn how to adapt playing on it. I know my nephew hated the grass field we had, he said there were so many potholes out there. But the pros and cons weighs out with it. Alot of people were up in arms about Vidor getting turf, but those same people are quiet as church mouse now because everyone benefits using it and not just Vidor.

14 hours ago, KF89 said:

That's actually pretty interesting to know. If you think about it, alot of college stadiums are starting to go back to grass fields, even the Ravens did a few seasons ago. 

54 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

It’s going to be great to play on turf almost every team in the state played on turf I have been hoping that Silsbee would get turf for years but I guess that will never happen Congratulations Bridge City.

It's crazy about Silsbee too, alot of people I know thought Silsbee would be the first in our area with a turf field after their new stadium was built. Now it seems they'll be one of the last ones to get it, if it happens at all. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It's crazy about Silsbee too, alot of people I know thought Silsbee would be the first in our area with a turf field after their new stadium was built. Now it seems they'll be one of the last ones to get it, if it happens at all. 

It really was suppose to happen several years ago. When they built that stadium they built in the drain system for turf. Had a wealthy donor ready to write the check for the turf but she passed away and the executor of the will decided not to follow through on the donation.

A feasibility study was done a few years ago by the school to see about purchasing the turf itself but some hiccups along the way with schools needing attention put it on the back burner.

It will eventually happen. I say within 6 years.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

And the grounds crew unemployment rate still steadily increases.

Seriously though congrats to The Cards

Not really, turf needs some maintenance too, just not all of the fertilizer or mowing.   Those crews work on the other school grounds as well.

Thirty years ago, who’d ever dreamed so many HS would have Art Turf.  No doubt many pros & cons, but definitely aesthetically attractive.  And with the amount of rain we get in East Texas it makes the game better.  Sadly most smaller schools will never get it, so if you miss the nostalgia of a grass field, there’ll still be plenty in the Evadale’s & West Hardin’s of SETX.  

Congrats to the Cardinals.  Perhaps this will rekindle the football enthusiasm in Bridge City.  Being in 11-4A-2 will tear your heart out.

49 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Thirty years ago, who’d ever dreamed so many HS would have Art Turf.  No doubt many pros & cons, but definitely aesthetically attractive.  And with the amount of rain we get in East Texas it makes the game better.  Sadly most smaller schools will never get it, so if you miss the nostalgia of a grass field, there’ll still be plenty in the Evadale’s & West Hardin’s of SETX.  

Congrats to the Cardinals.  Perhaps this will rekindle the football enthusiasm in Bridge City.  Being in 11-4A-2 will tear your heart out.

i heard BC had a GIRLl in 8th grade this year who is going to get them to the playoffs again......

On 11/23/2021 at 1:54 PM, RanchHand said:

In my opinion, Silsbee is the perfect location for turf and for schools to rent out during playoffs.  Their stadium is so nice and would definitely be a draw for playoff games.  I, too, am surprised that they weren't the first to get turf.  

I mean Silsbee has the NICEST stadium, but not having turf there is silly. What I have yet to figure out is why it’s taking setx (Houston included) SO long to catch up with other parts of the state when it comes to facilities. I recently moved to the DFW area from Setx, and every school in this area have at least 1 turf field on campus (majority of the schools in this area have turf game AND practice fields) along with really, really nice indoor facilities (they label them multipurpose facilities) which are obviously used mostly by the football teams, but of course the other sports use them as well. When I say every school in this area has a very nice indoor facility, I mean at least 80-90% of schools. Come on setx, get with the program and do what’s best for the kids!