PN-G 8-4 vs Texas High 11-0, Friday 6:00, Natchitoches LA

NDNation

3 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Looks like more D1 kids on this team than last years

Not really. They had all those same kids last year when Crosby ran through them, plus they had a kid who was almost a 5-star in Clayton Smith coming off the other edge opposite of Brown. That entire defense was a non-factor. TH hasn’t played an offense as good as PNG’s since they lost to Crosby. 

Per Texan Live: 

Regional Semi-Finals

Texas High vs PNG

Friday 11/26/2021

@ChasingSnyder on the call

Coverage Begins at 6pm

For the Live Link click here:

This is the hidden content, please

@PNGIndians @pnghsndns @kfdmsports @AshlyElamSports @THighFootball @high_texas @dctf

Who is Cougar239 on the east texas forum? You make it really easy to cheer against Crosby. 

"The winner of this game gets Crosby (they will beat AMC) in the Regional Finals... Both would like revenge. T High for the mauling Rd.2 last season and PNG for the 40pt massacre this season. I'd like to see Crosby vs T High again."

15 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Who is Cougar239 on the east texas forum? You make it really easy to cheer against Crosby. 

"The winner of this game gets Crosby (they will beat AMC) in the Regional Finals... Both would like revenge. T High for the mauling Rd.2 last season and PNG for the 40pt massacre this season. I'd like to see Crosby vs T High again."

🤷🏾‍♂️I try not to be so matter of fact when I post because that only makes your portion of crow that much larger if your prediction doesn’t come thru. Learned my lesson the year Crosby beat  Manvel and then proceeded to miss the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, Bordertown said:

I was surprised at the lack of D1 offers at PNG and especially Crosby. I suspect Texas High does a better job promoting their players. They have a program called Tigervision that is a video arts program. One of the thing the students do is editing film and producing recruiting videos for the coaches to send to school and create interest in the kids. The result is usually half a dozen kids get scholarships. Some of those I listed may end up playing D2. Across the various sports (boys & girls) probably average 15 athletic scholarships. Mainly offered list as a way to know our kids (your coaches already know).

The FBS kids still come in waves but Crosby has probably signed close to 60 kids in football alone over the last ten years. We have a recruiting coordinator who gets our kids’ film out. Everybody has Hudl accounts to help edit their film and have it sent out. They do ok across the other sports too, just signed 8 the other day including the top scorer in the state in basketball going to TCU and one of the top softball pitchers in the state going to Ole Miss.

There’s probably something to the promotion part though. Looking at the film I’m completely floored how y’all’s qb has an offer to play anywhere, much less D1. He would be the 4th best qb in our district. 

18 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The FBS kids still come in waves but Crosby has probably signed close to 60 kids in football alone over the last ten years. We have a recruiting coordinator who gets our kids’ film out. Everybody has Hudl accounts to help edit their film and have it sent out. They do ok across the other sports too, just signed 8 the other day including the top scorer in the state in basketball going to TCU and one of the top softball pitchers in the state going to Ole Miss.

There’s probably something to the promotion part though. Looking at the film I’m completely floored how y’all’s qb has an offer to play anywhere, much less D1. He would be the 4th best qb in our district. 

From my understanding its the relationship that coaches have with the college programs. There is something in the works to make this better at Crosby. I went to the source. Because I’m thinking the same thing as everyone else. How in the heck we don’t have  that many kids going to major programs. 

35 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

🤷🏾‍♂️I try not to be so matter of fact when I post because that only makes your portion of crow that much larger if your prediction doesn’t come thru. Learned my lesson the year Crosby beat  Manvel and then proceeded to miss the playoffs. 

I just know you arent making any friends lol. But PNG vs THigh is a really interesting matchup. Leaning THigh myself but lord knows I've been wrong before. 

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

All teams that are relatively good have fans like that, including Aledo. You can look at the Friday Football app and see exactly what I’m talking about. Those teams like Aledo, Katy, SLC, North Shore, Highland Park, etc. have a lot more of those type fans than Crosby does. Probably over half the fans in the state cheer for y’all to lose, does it really matter to y’all though? Doesn’t matter who decides to cheer for us either. 

28 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

From my understanding its the relationship that coaches have with the college programs. There is something in the works to make this better at Crosby. I went to the source. Because I’m thinking the same thing as everyone else. How in the heck we don’t have  that many kids going to major programs. 

I don’t think there’s any issue, we just haven’t had the high end talent the past few years. We haven’t had those big X receivers like Netherly and Singleton. We haven’t had backs like Walter and Williams. We haven’t had anybody on the backend like Pickney and Perry recently. We haven’t had anybody on the o-line like Murphy and Tood since they left. We have a lot of that high end talent coming up though. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Per Texan Live: 

Regional Semi-Finals

Texas High vs PNG

Friday 11/26/2021

@ChasingSnyder on the call

Coverage Begins at 6pm

For the Live Link click here:

Bummer…. Was hoping they couldn’t find the stadium. Their presentation was subpar last year. Hope they have picked up their game.

26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

All teams that are relatively good have fans like that, including Aledo. You can look at the Friday Football app and see exactly what I’m talking about. Those teams like Aledo, Katy, SLC, North Shore, Highland Park, etc. have a lot more of those type fans than Crosby does. Probably over half the fans in the state cheer for y’all to lose, does it really matter to y’all though? Doesn’t matter who decides to cheer for us either. 

I've heard nothing but bad things about that app so I wont ever use it. I'm more interested in game talk than chest beating. 

Just now, aledoalumni said:

I've heard nothing but bad things about that app so I wont ever use it. I'm more interested in game talk than chest beating. 

General Rule: Avoid The App & Attend The Game if you can drive there, or if are not committed to another game!

Lots of Gas Needed, but no App Needed!!!😉

7 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

The chat is painful, but good way to keep up with other teams you like to follow such as districts mates. You can create a personalized scoreboard. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not really. They had all those same kids last year when Crosby ran through them, plus they had a kid who was almost a 5-star in Clayton Smith coming off the other edge opposite of Brown. That entire defense was a non-factor. TH hasn’t played an offense as good as PNG’s since they lost to Crosby. 

lol tha expert. how you know so much bout t high??  only ones that were on the team last year Brown at DE and the qb #12 out the group he listed . #2 came in to the game hurt and only played probably first 2 series if that.

hell 2 guys with offers # 5 and his little brother #1 moved in from LE. Hadn’t played at all until last 2 games of district . outside of last year don’t think y’all really know a whole lot about Texas high and yes today #22 corner that had a int vs Tc just got offered by Lamar. He played basketball last year . wasn’t on the team either . Other corner #15 broke wrist last year when they played Crosby . 27 Lb grades didn’t ply in playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, uptheWay said:

lol tha expert. how you know so much bout t high??  only ones that were on the team last year Brown at DE and the qb #12 out the group he listed . #2 came in to the game hurt and only played probably first 2 series if that.

That’s crazy because they’re all on the roster except Crites who’s the only one who doesn’t have an offer. Some of them did have different numbers though. You don’t get offers if you don’t play, you don’t have to be an expert to know that. That’s recruiting 101, this is probably just a more informed board than the one you’re used to posting on. 

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That’s crazy because they’re all on the roster except Crites who’s the only one who doesn’t have an offer. Some of them did have different numbers though. You don’t get offers if you don’t play, you don’t have to be an expert to know that. That’s recruiting 101, this is probably just a more informed board than the one you’re used to posting on. 

#5 is a senior missed last year because of transfer picked up his offer when he was playin at Le. #7 wore 24 last year . 6’5 is why he got offered he didn’t play la. But yeah 13 was at rb vs y’all last year 2 was hurt brown and qb only ones that played against Crosby. Crite is fist year starter no offers but I do know he was on sidelines for Baylor last home game. He prob picks some up before long. 

offers don’t always mean everything though Clayton smith for t high last year is getting playin time at OU right now but best players on the field that day vs Crosby was Dunn and other guy. Still big believer t high came out slow and wasn’t able to recover but . PNG needs to be  only team they are worried about .

6 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I have to be honest. I would love to see PNG win. For a few reasons. I won’t put them out here, because it’s only my opinion. But I would like to see this group of kids prove a lot of people wrong.  

Like you. Lol at the first of the year you didn't give this team any credit just like every other year. You also didn't think we would make the playoffs so tell us how you want your crow!!!