PN-G 8-4 vs Texas High 11-0, Friday 6:00, Natchitoches LA

NDNation

Call me crazy but the PNG team I saw beat #7 Montgomery Friday looks like they should beat #6 too? TH’s defense is solid but I think PNG can still get 40 on them, and their offense is similar to Montgomery’s but I don’t think it’s as good. A repeat performance of the area round probably gets you to December IMO.

Don’t see where the holes are in t high defense you mention. They aren’t the best but pretty good. Less than 150 yards of offense for TC 40 yards being on a tipped pass that a wr caught. No t high didn’t sack qb but maybe he was throwing bad balls because of pressure ? They ended game with 10 TFL 2 sacks. tc was a running team . pNG is a passing team maybe those stats reverse . Big test hope they are up for challenge 

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

What year did we play there 94? We played there once 

1994 lc m went 10 0 district champs beat New caney in bi district lost area game to willis that game was at the reservation at png in 95 lcm went 9 - 1 played jasper in bi district in Louisiana and lost finished 9 - 2

38 minutes ago, uptheWay said:

Crosby this Crosby that. Read the other day it’s the first time for team to make if past area round in back to back seasons. Let’s slow down a little bit. 

Bruh you guys haven’t been passed the 2nd rd since like 06 and its a whole lot of 1st rd L’s in between that so let’s all slow down a bit.  

No doubt. 4th year for new head coach and he’s had more playoff wins in 3 of those years than they did in 10 . playin Greg ward (playing with the eagles ) Ronald Jones (Tampa bay ) in for 4 out of 10 of those years in first round didn’t help.  you’re right surratt left for Carthage and t high got stagnant for a while but if you’ve followed txk area they’ve had players leavin to go play every year, don’t think athletes were the problem. @MrFleet23

Texarkana is also town like others with 4 high schools all open district meaning kids can come and go as they please which ever one doing the best players gonna usually go. T high didn’t really do a whole lot like you said and we saw LE got beat out by argyle deep in playoffs In 15 and 16 and PG has been on a run They won 2 titles in past 5 years in 4a. T high and PG both are goin in to 3rd round this week but maybe with new coach and t high winning in playoffs again they get back to what they were early 2000s

Looking forward to this game. I like the assessment their good defense against our good offense. As usual I believe if our defense can make a few stops and maybe a turnover or two PNG has A Shot. If Crippen continues to throw dimes like the last two weeks could be a good showing. Praying Trahan shakes off this injury. We need him.

4 hours ago, Bordertown said:

A couple of players to watch:

#3 Derrick Brown - Edge- Committed to Texas

#2 Braylon Stewart - RB - 6 D1 offers (Colorado, etc…)

#12 Bryson McHenry - QB - 1 D1 offer (New Mexico)

#7 Braxton White - DL - Committed UNLV

#5 Keyvuntae Featherson - LB - 1 D1 offer (Kansas)

#15 Ean Crites - DL - JR 

Looks like more D1 kids on this team than last years

Remember the Natchitoches, LA Christmas Festival is going on through January.  There will be an extra 50,000 to 60,000 people in town.  Leave early & expect traffic.  I bet PNG will still have more fans than Texas High at this game.

LOVE THOSE INDIANS!!! PNG HAS A SPECIAL SPIRIT, PASS IT ON!!!🏈

I was surprised at the lack of D1 offers at PNG and especially Crosby. I suspect Texas High does a better job promoting their players. They have a program called Tigervision that is a video arts program. One of the thing the students do is editing film and producing recruiting videos for the coaches to send to school and create interest in the kids. The result is usually half a dozen kids get scholarships. Some of those I listed may end up playing D2. Across the various sports (boys & girls) probably average 15 athletic scholarships. Mainly offered list as a way to know our kids (your coaches already know).

14 minutes ago, Bordertown said:

I was surprised at the lack of D1 offers at PNG and especially Crosby. I suspect Texas High does a better job promoting their players. They have a program called Tigervision that is a video arts program. One of the thing the students do is editing film and producing recruiting videos for the coaches to send to school and create interest in the kids. The result is usually half a dozen kids get scholarships. Some of those I listed may end up playing D2. Across the various sports (boys & girls) probably average 15 athletic scholarships. Mainly offered list as a way to know our kids (your coaches already know).

We have NDN Press. They're at every game filming and taking pictures. They live stream all regular season games.

Png will be ready to play this game . I’m hoping t high can bring same focus they have had past couple weeks. Texas High sophomore wr #1 and # 13 I hope have a good game came back and played well last 2-3 weeks only one senior at wr for Texas high I think #9 they have had problems with drops at times cant have that if they want to win this week.

1 hour ago, uptheWay said:

Png will be ready to play this game . I’m hoping t high can bring same focus they have had past couple weeks. Texas High sophomore wr #1 and # 13 I hope have a good game came back and played well last 2-3 weeks only one senior at wr for Texas high I think #9 they have had problems with drops at times cant have that if they want to win this week.

Whoever executes their offense the best wins this one.  Turnovers will kill any team.  In this game they are doubly bad.

This is another potential score fest game if PNG Offense can protect the QB.  Praying for no injuries on either team, and, of course, no rain!!!