Crosby vs A&M Cons

Cougtalk

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Was looking through some stats and saw Crosby has three players with exactly 16 scrimmage tds after yesterday. Myles has a 30/2 TD-INT ratio. It’s a testament to the coaching staff that Crosby is able to put up similar offensive number that we did under Riordan without near the “flash”. 

And good defense to boot

6 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Crosby should roll A&M Consolidated. It will be a blowout. 56-14

I really wasn’t on the “Crosby should win big train” but watching the film from y’all’s game I feel a lot more confident. BH o-line put on a clinic against AMC. BH’s d-line was walking AMC’s o-line backward snap after snap. 

I see why BH was an epileptic team this year. The only reason they lost to AMC is because they don’t know how to win those games yet. I was throwing shade at y’all throughout the year regarding Abseck and ultimately when you’re then man you’re responsible. Watching the game though it was coached more than well enough for BH to win it by multiple scores. Players have to make the plays though, I see what BHFan was saying a few weeks ago. 

54 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

I would say significantly better defense 

I think Rio gets a worse wrap than he should for some of those defenses. Our defense this year isn’t better than our ‘14 or ‘15 defense, statistically we aren’t better than ‘16 this year. We were solid on defense in ‘18 until Howard got hurt and the season fell apart. He was here seven years but ‘13 and ‘17 were the only true bad defenses. 

Coach Prieto hasn’t had the same elite level talent that Coach Riordan seemed to have his whole tenure here but he does have more overall team talent. I do t think there was ever a district game, blowout preventer not, where Rio could play 14 sophomores and freshmen? 

I do think the philosophy has changed though. Seems like the offense was more loaded up under Riordan and nobody went both ways, where as now it seems like if you can help on defense then that’s where you play first and you have to earn your way to the other side of the ball? I agree that it’s a significant improvement to not feel like you need 40 every night though. 

32 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think Rio gets a worse wrap than he should for some of those defenses. Our defense this year isn’t better than our ‘14 or ‘15 defense, statistically we aren’t better than ‘16 this year. We were solid on defense in ‘18 until Howard got hurt and the season fell apart. He was here seven years but ‘13 and ‘17 were the only true bad defenses. 

Coach Prieto hasn’t had the same elite level talent that Coach Riordan seemed to have his whole tenure here but he does have more overall team talent. I do t think there was ever a district game, blowout preventer not, where Rio could play 14 sophomores and freshmen? 

I do think the philosophy has changed though. Seems like the offense was more loaded up under Riordan and nobody went both ways, where as now it seems like if you can help on defense then that’s where you play first and you have to earn your way to the other side of the ball? I agree that it’s a significant improvement to not feel like you need 40 every night though. 

Rio did weird shit like have a 3rd string running back that would never touch the field but also was one of the better athletes on the team. IE Clay and Allen.  What since did it make to have a kid 6’1 215lbs  (Allen) on the bench? Or the fastest 100m in the region (Clay) not play DB? I do credit him for getting the program attention tho. I think he laid the foundation for what’s happening now. 

11 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I feel like this guy is the difference.  They hit the jackpot with what was happening at the time to get him, it was a program defining moment.  I’ve watched the Crosby program from 2010 and I can say without a doubt this is the most disciplined team in the district.  Yesterday I watched a punt where one of the Crosby players was blocking on a punt, to this whistle. The Marshall player took a little shot after the play, but the Crosby player just threw his hands up running back to sidelines. It hasn’t always been that way! 

It seemed that Crosby had more penalties than normal during the Marshall game too. 

Watched much of last week's game on TexanLive, first time I sat and really watched Crosby since the opener vs Carthage and they looked like the real deal.....Definite favorites to get back to AT&T Stadium....I imagine with no restictons on crowd size this year there will be a ton of red in the stands if it happens

On 11/22/2021 at 9:11 PM, Matthew328 said:

Watched much of last week's game on TexanLive, first time I sat and really watched Crosby since the opener vs Carthage and they looked like the real deal.....Definite favorites to get back to AT&T Stadium....I imagine with no restictons on crowd size this year there will be a ton of red in the stands if it happens

I won't call u favorites to make Finals... That Liberty Hill team will be waiting in the semifinals all i really can do is hope they have a bad game before then because that team is the biggest threat between us and a Finals. However, I think we will get a totally different look from texas High if we get them next round. 

21 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I won't call u favorites to make Finals... That Liberty Hill team will be waiting in the semifinals all i really can do is hope they have a bad game before then because that team is the biggest threat between us and a Finals. However, I think we will get a totally different look from texas High if we get them next round. 

Fact of the matter is that the “football people” like Stepp think Crosby is the pick to clean out South Texas for the second consecutive year. Coming from a guy that actually has a hand in ranking the teams that speaks volumes. We need to own the expectations and show everybody we are what we tell them. 

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Fact of the matter is that the “football people” like Stepp think Crosby is the pick to clean out South Texas for the second consecutive year. Coming from a guy that actually has a hand in ranking the teams that speaks volumes. We need to own the expectations and show everybody we are what we tell them. 

Same ppl that ranked FBM #2 and Ennis #3....  

3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Same ppl that ranked FBM #2 and Ennis #3....  

I think you’re the one more than anybody in this board that felt FBM should be ranked there. All the way from defending how they schedule, which we said might effect them the way it did last year against PNG, to taking bets on them. When you’re ranked in the preseason, don’t lose and have a relatively solid body of work it’s hard to get moved down. 

20 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think you’re the one more than anybody in this board that felt FBM should be ranked there. All the way from defending how they schedule, which we said might effect them the way it did last year against PNG, to taking bets on them. When you’re ranked in the preseason, don’t lose and have a relatively solid body of work it’s hard to get moved down. 

I  agree, I was a believer in FBM. Not bc of dctf and their rankings though. I do not subscribe to them being the end all be all in txhsfb like some do. I thought this was going to be a different year for them in the trenches. However, I was wrong. But I was right when I called Timberview beating Ennis. 

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

I  agree, I was a believer in FBM. Not bc of dctf and their rankings though. I do not subscribe to them being the end all be all in txhsfb like some do. I thought this was going to be a different year for them in the trenches. However, I was wrong. But I was right when I called Timberview beating Ennis. 

Good luck to yall today