West Orange Stark Mustangs vs Bellville

Stangfan#1

18 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Didn't Bellville only score 35 on La Marque and WOS put 49 on them.Seriously these kind of stats mean nothing.I'm just excited we get a shot at you guys.

I was saying that because someone tried to bring up that Jasper shut rusk out and we gave up 20… my point was those things are irrelevant 

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I was saying that because someone tried to bring up that Jasper shut rusk out and we gave up 20… my point was those things are irrelevant 

I made that point and it's not irrelevant. Jasper shut that offense down. Belville couldn't. Not the same as scoring 2 or 3 bonus TD's after a team is beaten.

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

KOGT says they will be available at the gate also but I can’t find anything to back that up on their website.

if KOGT says it’s so then it’s so. Gary Stelly has decades of reporting what we need to know. Oftentimes in a manner that makes most of us think he’s predicting the news.

much respect Gary, much respect!

DN is also showing you can get ‘em at the gate. So, it is so.

12 hours ago, Gasilla said:

I made that point and it's not irrelevant. Jasper shut that offense down. Belville couldn't. Not the same as scoring 2 or 3 bonus TD's after a team is beaten.

It’s definitely irrelevant. We, Rusk, scored 14 on Carthage in the first half. Jasper’s defense is not at Carthage’s level. Every game is different. Jasper and Bellville are equally good defensively. 

52 minutes ago, RonStopable said:

It’s definitely irrelevant. We, Rusk, scored 14 on Carthage in the first half. Jasper’s defense is not at Carthage’s level. Every game is different. Jasper and Bellville are equally good defensively. 

The game between Rusk and Jasper appears to have been a defensive one 7-0 Jasper victory.  More people than a few believe Carthage team is next to super bowl champs, I would not know because I haven not focused of them. When I watched your game against Bellville, your team could have made it a closer game if a few more passes had been caught IMO. You were missing an athletic running back who could run and spread Bellville’s defense out. I thought you guys played better than the score showed.

16 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

The game between Rusk and Jasper appears to have been a defensive one 7-0 Jasper victory.  More people than a few believe Carthage team is next to super bowl champs, I would not know because I haven not focused of them. When I watched your game against Bellville, your team could have made it a closer game if a few more passes had been caught IMO. You were missing an athletic running back who could run and spread Bellville’s defense out. I thought you guys played better than the score showed.

We definitely had an uncharacteristically poor night catching the football especially early in the game. We started the year without a viable  running back and our best option was dismissed from the team week 5. Against good defenses like Jasper and Bellville it put too much on our passing game especially the O Line. We knew going in against Bellville we needed to score every possession to have a chance. The score was more of a reflection of Reese and Briggs explosiveness than anything. We would have several good plays on defense but one mistake and they can take it to the house. I don’t remember a series that they didn’t have at least one play of 30 plus yards. Those are killers for a defense. 
We played a relatively clean game offensively against Carthage but they play such sound defensive technique and are so fast at every level that you rarely get many yards even on good plays. They are not as good overall as they were last year but they are better defensively. They will need to play their starters all four quarters, unlike last year, but I don’t see them losing to anyone.