Port Neches-Groves vs Montgomery/ PNG wins 49-42!

AggiesAreWe

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

To be honest, I did not have a specific team in mind that would lose. Crosby is a clear favorite, thought the battle of Texas was going to be a close 50/50 defensive game, and thought A&M was a slight favorite but didnt know bc BH just beat FBM. For me PNG vs Montgomery is the least exciting game so I did not pay much attention. Thats why I thought 3-1 at best. Its great PNG made it to Thanksgiving but ultimately I dont think the winner of this game really makes an impact in R3. 

Are saying winner of Montgomery game or Texas high game? The winner of next next week plays for Region 3 finals. I would say that makes an impact.

3 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

When was this? After the game a teammate had him on his shoulders to shake hands. I hope your right but after the game he didnt look to good. He was taped a couple of times during the game. He is a tough kid though. I thought when he left the game we was done. Crippen kept dropping dimes though. I thought a few were over the wrs heads but they ran right under it. I believe #16 Landry caused the fumble.  A fun game to watch for sure!

Sorry just saw this I did not see it the anouncers  are the won who said it. We really need him for next week though I am worried for the young man

3 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

When was this? After the game a teammate had him on his shoulders to shake hands. I hope your right but after the game he didnt look to good. He was taped a couple of times during the game. He is a tough kid though. I thought when he left the game we was done. Crippen kept dropping dimes though. I thought a few were over the wrs heads but they ran right under it. I believe #16 Landry caused the fumble.  A fun game to watch for sure!

I saw him get the piggy back ride, but he didn't stay up there long. He was walking in the line for hand shakes. Hope it's minor and he's back next week.

56 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Are saying winner of Montgomery game or Texas high game? The winner of next next week plays for Region 3 finals. I would say that makes an impact.

I dont think the PNG/Montgomery winner will make an impact. No matter who won I would pick the Texas High/Texas City winner over them. And to look even further I would have picked the BH/A&M/Crosby winner over all those on the top half. 

37 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I dont think the PNG/Montgomery winner will make an impact. No matter who won I would pick the Texas High/Texas City winner over them. And to look even further I would have picked the BH/A&M/Crosby winner over all those on the top half. 

I think it would come down to matchups. Texas City v PNG would have been an interesting rematch, and winnable for PNG. And if BH had somehow made it past Crosby, anything can happen between PNG/Texas City/Texas and Bh. As it is, the long-term playoff impact of the PnG side of the bracket is likely to be zero because I think no matter which team makes it to the regional championship, the other team will be Crosby and Crosby will win. 

16 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

The matchup with Texas high isn’t that bad honestly. 

they don’t score a bunch, y’all might be able to run it up early and hold on if you keep throwing dimes like y’all did tonight. 

Faircloth can coach the hell out of QBs. 

Oh ye of little faith.  Glad to see you’ve become a believer in Indian Magic.  Was a heckuva game.  Be great to see Crosby & PNG keep on winning.

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

I saw him get the piggy back ride, but he didn't stay up there long. He was walking in the line for hand shakes. Hope it's minor and he's back next week.

I saw #20 standing on the sidelines, saw him get the piggyback ride, but he did walk, too.  No idea what his injury was/is/might be.  Ankle?  Knee?  Hip?  Tough kid and very good RB.  I like the direct snap to him in the red zone.  He does not fiddle around.  He runs north/south and plows in for the TD.  Also, he has some breakaway wheels.  All-around good RB.  Hope he is back next week.  #26 is not too shabby as the back-up.  Have not seen him break one, but he gets going and will put his head down for the extra yard.  People in the stands say there is another kid who has not played this year because of injuries and he is a good one too.  Reed?  Reeder?  I'm not sure.  Great win by PN-G.  Proud of our kids.  Keep playing hard.  Go Indians. 

38 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I saw #20 standing on the sidelines, saw him get the piggyback ride, but he did walk, too.  No idea what his injury was/is/might be.  Ankle?  Knee?  Hip?  Tough kid and very good RB.  I like the direct snap to him in the red zone.  He does not fiddle around.  He runs north/south and plows in for the TD.  Also, he has some breakaway wheels.  All-around good RB.  Hope he is back next week.  #26 is not too shabby as the back-up.  Have not seen him break one, but he gets going and will put his head down for the extra yard.  People in the stands say there is another kid who has not played this year because of injuries and he is a good one too.  Reed?  Reeder?  I'm not sure.  Great win by PN-G.  Proud of our kids.  Keep playing hard.  Go Indians. 

Thomas Reed, and he can flat run. 

I am a former coach of 28 years with 2 state championship rings and I would like two say at this game Friday I saw two of the most impressive players at their position as I have ever seen. 

Jaylon Washington  from Montgomery is as god of Back as in the state. Never quits, going forward on ever play and giving 120% ever time he touches the ball. On 3 carries in the 2nd half he had 190yards and 2 Tds, impressive. Why he is not getting offers is beyond me. He is a quality person as well as football player.

Cole Crippen from Port Neches was awesome as a QB, 24-29/over 300 yards and dropping balls in the bucket and throwing TD's between 3 defenders, and never under stress. Very impressive young men who I can see playing on Saturdays

29 minutes ago, spudaroo said:

I am a former coach of 28 years with 2 state championship rings and I would like two say at this game Friday I saw two of the most impressive players at their position as I have ever seen. 

Jaylon Washington  from Montgomery is as god of Back as in the state. Never quits, going forward on ever play and giving 120% ever time he touches the ball. On 3 carries in the 2nd half he had 190yards and 2 Tds, impressive. Why he is not getting offers is beyond me. He is a quality person as well as football player.

Cole Crippen from Port Neches was awesome as a QB, 24-29/over 300 yards and dropping balls in the bucket and throwing TD's between 3 defenders, and never under stress. Very impressive young men who I can see playing on Saturdays

Crippen will be back next season with his top the WRs and the whole line

30 minutes ago, spudaroo said:

Welcome to the board