Port Neches-Groves vs Montgomery/ PNG wins 49-42!

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, prepballfan said:

Now you guys go out there and kick some butt tomorrow night and keep 125a kicking and screaming..... This Indian will be rooting for you

Lol, I sat at the game quiet the whole time tonight. #26 runs to the sideline while PNG was trying to run out the clock at the end of the game and I stand up and yell “Slide!”. Forgot where I was at for a second🤣

Congratulations Indians, you are making me regret my last minute decision of not going up the road to Stallworth to see an instant classic. And especially congratulations to Coach Faircloth. No matter where you coach there are critics especially from teams with history, either winning or losing, and their voices are heard on Friday nights, barbershops but now in this other dimension called social media which is powerful (check on the last few elections). Tough staying anywhere more than a few years unless you’re Saban and even he’s getting heat since he hired that former Texans coach to call plays.  What did Bum say about two types of coaches 😟. Live to play another week AND in Louisiana 👍🏻✝️🐻.

• Bigdog changed the title to Port Neches-Groves vs Montgomery/ PNG wins 49-42!
9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Trahan got taped up and was walking with zero limp. I would expect to see him playing nest week.

When was this? After the game a teammate had him on his shoulders to shake hands. I hope your right but after the game he didnt look to good. He was taped a couple of times during the game. He is a tough kid though. I thought when he left the game we was done. Crippen kept dropping dimes though. I thought a few were over the wrs heads but they ran right under it. I believe #16 Landry caused the fumble.  A fun game to watch for sure!

7 hours ago, the weasel said:

Well Well Well....I called it!  Aledo jump in here!! I am sure you were picking us as the 1 loss in our district!  I said 49 - 35 Indians!  Missed it by 1 TD...  You missed it completely!

To be honest, I did not have a specific team in mind that would lose. Crosby is a clear favorite, thought the battle of Texas was going to be a close 50/50 defensive game, and thought A&M was a slight favorite but didnt know bc BH just beat FBM. For me PNG vs Montgomery is the least exciting game so I did not pay much attention. Thats why I thought 3-1 at best. Its great PNG made it to Thanksgiving but ultimately I dont think the winner of this game really makes an impact in R3. 

4 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

To be honest, I did not have a specific team in mind that would lose. Crosby is a clear favorite, thought the battle of Texas was going to be a close 50/50 defensive game, and thought A&M was a slight favorite but didnt know bc BH just beat FBM. For me PNG vs Montgomery is the least exciting game so I did not pay much attention. Thats why I thought 3-1 at best. Its great PNG made it to Thanksgiving but ultimately I dont think the winner of this game really makes an impact in R3. 

Ok Aledo that Isa fair statement.  But don't underestimate a team that is peaking at the right time...You know there is ALWAYS a Cinderella story in Texas High School Football Playoffs!  This PNG team has had to believe in each other since day 1.  Nobody else gave them a fighting chance to even get out of the toughest district in 5A Football.  We will see next Friday!!

2 hours ago, the weasel said:

Ok Aledo that Isa fair statement.  But don't underestimate a team that is peaking at the right time...You know there is ALWAYS a Cinderella story in Texas High School Football Playoffs!  This PNG team has had to believe in each other since day 1.  Nobody else gave them a fighting chance to even get out of the toughest district in 5A Football.  We will see next Friday!!

I truly believe that the fact that this Indian team has 17 underclassmen starting is a huge factor about the ability to play to the heights that they are reaching/