Liberty

PlayActionPass

17 hours ago, 05Panther52 said:

The community hardly back the the program back when it is was a ranked. And it has gotten to complacent and soft in the past years.

If a D1 prospect is to be produced in liberty  it would be a needle in a hay stack.

It's been done before albeit rarely.

Guest mrtomcat
On 12/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, oldschool2 said:

I don’t believe Liberty has the caliber of football players that they did when Taylor got there.  That’s a big factor. And I get it.. top guys change.  Maybe because of complacency or because of community being unhappy.  I get it.  However.. the previous guy seemed to have been in it for the long haul.  Consistency is very rare in SeTx and I was actually proud of Liberty for going against the norm.. or so I thought.  I think consistency prevails unless changes are blatantly obvious.  So maybe there was good reason.  Having said that…

I have no doubt the new guy will likely do a good job and bring some new energy.  Definitely looks good on paper and checks the boxes.

Taylor had been there for 10+ years right ?  Isnt that considered a long haul by todays norms ?

Guest mrtomcat
3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Definitely more so than usual for SeTx. I meant that he may have retired there if able.

Well isnt he from there?  I'm sure he wanted to.  Do the Slacks still run the girls side or does the AD get to oversee that program as well ?  I"m not sure how their system works over there nowadays.  Our Supt is from Liberty....and i think she may have even coached there many years ago

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Well isnt he from there?  I'm sure he wanted to.  Do the Slacks still run the girls side or does the AD get to oversee that program as well ?  I"m not sure how their system works over there nowadays.  Our Supt is from Liberty....and i think she may have even coached there many years ago

Not sure how the girls side is run. I know it’s fairly successful.. and I believe the coaches are pretty consistent.  Are they not? I know that pretty much all successful sports in SeTx have pretty much had the same coach for a long time.

You’d think that schools would notice that correlation.  I know I have.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, mrtomcat said:

Who is y'alls supt?

On 12/22/2021 at 6:40 PM, oldschool2 said:

Chris Lackey.  Coordinator from Coppell High School.

Yep i heard this from a reliable source in the middle if making my connections because of my interest but told it was a done deal long time ago. Not my first rodeo, most openings never have true interviews, just dog and pony show. Been that way in 9 if 10 interviews for me. Just like banking and chemical plants, good old boys hiring their good old boys. Guess my milk drinking limits opportunities 🤔🤪

38 minutes ago, Coachbearoso said:

Yep i heard this from a reliable source in the middle if making my connections because of my interest but told it was a done deal long time ago. Not my first rodeo, most openings never have true interviews, just dog and pony show. Been that way in 9 if 10 interviews for me. Just like banking and chemical plants, good old boys hiring their good old boys. Guess my milk drinking limits opportunities 🤔🤪

Hope it's not always like that

22 hours ago, Coachbearoso said:

Just my opinion.. your comment seems a little like that of one made by a disgruntled applicant who didn’t get the job.  If so, relax.  You were probably given a favor. Based on what I’m told about the kids currently in the program, it’s likely a dog fight for 4th for many more years.

Guest mrtomcat
On 1/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, oldschool2 said:

Just my opinion.. your comment seems a little like that of one made by a disgruntled applicant who didn’t get the job.  If so, relax.  You were probably given a favor. Based on what I’m told about the kids currently in the program, it’s likely a dog fight for 4th for many more years.

so they will give the new head coach about 3 years...no progress will be made and they'll start over again!  Isnt that how it works ?

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

so they will give the new head coach about 3 years...no progress will be made and they'll start over again!  Isnt that how it works ?

That sounds about how it usually works. Or maybe the new guy will eventually leave on his own after having that AD/HFC on the resume.. or perhaps not.  Maybe he'll make a home of Liberty, Tx. But Liberty isn't the kind of place to allow that for too long.. judging by what's happened in the past.  We'll see.

On 1/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, oldschool2 said:

No not disgruntled, I realised in the 80's that most jobs are done before interviews because that's the way it has always been done. No chance in heck i would ever get it(an interview) cause i don't know anyone close. No hurt feelings just relaying information from my 36 years in this business. If you think i feel hurt, hell it is still America and you can say that- maybe YOU feel better now. I will continue to post based on my 36 years, other coaches are on here but if actively coaching, they ll be careful to speak. Whenever I was actively coaching football, I just lurked. Hell many know me cause i have been known as Coach Bear in east Harris County at 6 different districts. But i will always be truthful. Social media brings out a lot of Napoleans and 3rd team high school players like uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite. God made men to speak with logic, women with emotion. Sometimes i feel there are more women on her than men, again my opinion so PLEASE don't take offense and miss the keys from the next order at Stripes!!!!!! Butthurt, i though i was quite whimsical, used to eat tacos at stripes but put on an extra twenty that i am trying to lose now. So stay healthy!!

8 minutes ago, Coachbearoso said:

No not disgruntled, I realised in the 80's that most jobs are done before interviews because that's the way it has always been done. No chance in heck i would ever get it(an interview) cause i don't know anyone close. No hurt feelings just relaying information from my 36 years in this business. If you think i feel hurt, hell it is still America and you can say that- maybe YOU feel better now. I will continue to post based on my 36 years, other coaches are on here but if actively coaching, they ll be careful to speak. Whenever I was actively coaching football, I just lurked. Hell many know me cause i have been known as Coach Bear in east Harris County at 6 different districts. But i will always be truthful. Social media brings out a lot of Napoleans and 3rd team high school players like uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite. God made men to speak with logic, women with emotion. Sometimes i feel there are more women on her than men, again my opinion so PLEASE don't take offense and miss the keys from the next order at Stripes!!!!!! Butthurt, i though i was quite whimsical, used to eat tacos at stripes but put on an extra twenty that i am trying to lose now. So stay healthy!!

1st.. I said that your comment SEEMED like that, not that I personally believed anything.  2nd.. You might not have gotten an interview because you have 36 years....of coaching experience? If you've been coaching for nearly 40 years then I wouldn't entertain your application either.  It doesn't matter who you know if you're that old.  Just sayin...

On 1/4/2022 at 12:22 PM, mrtomcat said:

But realistically, shouldn’t there be a time limit?  I would give more that three years. My limit would probably be 7 years.  If you can’t win a State Title in that amount of time, does one honestly think another 7 years will be any different?  

13 minutes ago, Reagan said:

But realistically, shouldn’t there be a time limit?  I would give more that three years. My limit would probably be 7 years.  If you can’t win a State Title in that amount of time, does one honestly think another 7 years will be any different?  

Are you saying that if a coach doesn't win a state title in 7 years then that coach and the school district should part ways?

55 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Does that apply for all sports, including girls?

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

How many schools in Liberty Country haven't won a football state championship in.. ever?  All but one, right?  As much as it pains me to say, I do believe that Hull Daisetta is the only school in that county with a state title. Having said that.. statistics show us that neither Liberty or any other school in Liberty County will NOT win a state championship in football in the next 7 years.  Possibly ever.

So.. just my opinion, of course.  Maybe don't make the standard as winning it all.  Maybe overall athletics success (as perceived by the community), consistent high percentages of participation, and maybe positive culture changes and expectations.

Anyone who believes that a coach's individual success should be rated on a state championship is going to stay overly disappointed.  Most really good coaches spend a career trying for a championship without getting one.

Phil Danaher just retired recently as well.  He won more games than any football coach in Texas public school history.  Zero state titles. 

With the win state in 7 years or you are Fired philosophy, Neumann should have been fired at Nederland in 1999, Faircloth should have been fired at PNG in 2015 & Mathews should have been fired at Vidor in 2005.  All 3 are considered by the majority of setx high school football community as very good coaches & made the football programs better. Good thing Hooks won state at WOS before the 7 year limit was up.😁

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

How many schools in Liberty Country haven't won a football state championship in.. ever?  All but one, right?  As much as it pains me to say, I do believe that Hull Daisetta is the only school in that county with a state title. Having said that.. statistics show us that neither Liberty or any other school in Liberty County will NOT win a state championship in football in the next 7 years.  Possibly ever.

So.. just my opinion, of course.  Maybe don't make the standard as winning it all.  Maybe overall athletics success (as perceived by the community), consistent high percentages of participation, and maybe positive culture changes and expectations.

Anyone who believes that a coach's individual success should be rated on a state championship is going to stay overly disappointed.  Most really good coaches spend a career trying for a championship without getting one.

Phil Danaher just retired recently as well.  He won more games than any football coach in Texas public school history.  Zero state titles. 

1st:  From 1st day of 2-a-days, a coaches goal is to win the district and win the State Championship.  Show me one that doesn't have that goal.  So, yes, that is the standard.  And, if a school district has any sense, they would make a hire with the goal of winning the State Championship.

2nd:  You have to wonder why he never won one.  Let alone play in one.  Personally yes he would have been gone.  Maybe the next one would have won 10 State Titles.  We'll never know.  But, again, what ever the school district is satisfied with.  But -- the fact is, Danaher never won one before or after the 7 years.