Liberty

PlayActionPass

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Might want to add HJ, HF,  Silsbee and LCM. That’s just the setx that I can think of local. 

Just to clarify, Silsbee's current stadium was opened in 2000.

But as for grass, many many more locally still play on grass. Not sure from 1937, but still grass.

You can add Kountze, Evadale, Buna, Kirbyville, Hull-Daisetta, Deweyville, Warren, High Island, Burkeville, Beaumont Kelly, Legacy, Orangefield, West Hardin, etc.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just to clarify, Silsbee's current stadium was opened in 2000.

But as for grass, many many more locally still play on grass. Not sure from 1937, but still grass.

You can add Kountze, Evadale, Buna, Kirbyville, Hull-Daisetta, Deweyville, Warren, High Island, Burkeville, Beaumont Kelly, Legacy, Orangefield, West Hardin, etc.

I was just talking about the grass part lol

Guest mrtomcat
19 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Might want to add HJ, HF,  Silsbee and LCM. That’s just the setx that I can think of local. 

HJ just switched to turf so that leaves just Liberty, HF, silsbee and LCM as far as big schools in all of the southeast Texas region.  

I guess the rumor mill is quiet on this one. I am hoping Liberty can land someone who can begin to make some changes there. It begins with getting kids to buy into the program and the direction it wants to go. My fear is, even if they hire someone who can get them going in the right direction, the methods and grind needed to create that winning culture will be too much for the kids in the system. It will take a full scale culture change for Liberty to expect any success any time soon. 

Guest mrtomcat
16 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

He was a Defensive coordinator 

17 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Chris Lackey.  Coordinator from Coppell High School.

So would this be considered a good hire for Liberty, an upgrade if you will ?

8 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

So would this be considered a good hire for Liberty, an upgrade if you will ?

I don’t believe Liberty has the caliber of football players that they did when Taylor got there.  That’s a big factor. And I get it.. top guys change.  Maybe because of complacency or because of community being unhappy.  I get it.  However.. the previous guy seemed to have been in it for the long haul.  Consistency is very rare in SeTx and I was actually proud of Liberty for going against the norm.. or so I thought.  I think consistency prevails unless changes are blatantly obvious.  So maybe there was good reason.  Having said that…

I have no doubt the new guy will likely do a good job and bring some new energy.  Definitely looks good on paper and checks the boxes.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, oldschool2 said:

I don’t believe Liberty has the caliber of football players that they did when Taylor got there.  That’s a big factor. And I get it.. top guys change.  Maybe because of complacency or because of community being unhappy.  I get it.  However.. the previous guy seemed to have been in it for the long haul.  Consistency is very rare in SeTx and I was actually proud of Liberty for going against the norm.. or so I thought.  I think consistency prevails unless changes are blatantly obvious.  So maybe there was good reason.  Having said that…

I have no doubt the new guy will likely do a good job and bring some new energy.  Definitely looks good on paper and checks the boxes.

The community hardly back the the program back when it is was a ranked. And it has gotten to complacent and soft in the past years.

23 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

He’s produced some D1 players… hopefully Liberty community buys into his program and gets the man what he needs.

If a D1 prospect is to be produced in liberty  it would be a needle in a hay stack.