Carthage 42 Hamshire-Fannett 14/Final

AggiesAreWe

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Unless your West Orange or Newton then yes this is pretty much par the course. Every once in a while you can add a third team to those two.

Silsbee, PNG, WestBrook, East Chambers.   There's really quite a few teams in SETX that are competitive on a regional scale, whereas it was Newton and WO-S for quite a while.  And one could argue that Newton gets credit by TWO regions of the state. or atleast the media fight about that

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Unless your West Orange or Newton then yes this is pretty much par the course. Every once in a while you can add a third team to those two.

That has been true ever since Newton fell into a class below Cameron Yoe.. and true for WOS when they fell below Carthage.  WOS may not be so lucky now that Carthage is back in their region.

15 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Silsbee, PNG, WestBrook, East Chambers.   There's really quite a few teams in SETX that are competitive on a regional scale, whereas it was Newton and WO-S for quite a while.  And one could argue that Newton gets credit by TWO regions of the state. or atleast the media fight about that

What is the percentage of times Silsbee, PNG, WestBrook, and East Chambers wins a football playoff game against someone outside of the SeTx area?.. I'm not saying it doesn't happen or won't happen again.  I'm just saying that for a vast majority of SeTx teams in football (recently), round 2 or 3 is usually the end of the road and it usually happens when they play someone that isn't within the SeTx coverage area.  Say what you want.. but being "competitive" or "successful" is a relative term.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

What is the percentage of times Silsbee, PNG, WestBrook, and East Chambers wins a football playoff game against someone outside of the SeTx area?.. I'm not saying it doesn't happen or won't happen again.  I'm just saying that for a vast majority of SeTx teams in football (recently), round 2 or 3 is usually the end of the road and it usually happens when they play someone that isn't within the SeTx coverage area.  Say what you want.. but being "competitive" or "successful" is a relative term.

For the record: Silsbee last Ten years Playoff 

2012 Carthage

2013 Carthage

2014 Henderson

2015 Carthage

2016 Carthage

2017 Carthage

2018 Cuero

2019 Wimberly

2020 Carthage

There are very few teams from this area who could say "If Carthage wasnt in our Region we might have one it all" like Silsbee could.  2018 & 2019 are prime examples.  Back to Back State Semi FInals, and jmo but the 2015 & 2016 teams had a very good chance to win as well. There are the occasional let down years but those are usually senior heavy teams that have left the year prior.  Id say Silsbee is very competitive in Region 3 across the three major sports.

I have said what i want...

Carthage's Championship Legacy has ended Silsbee playoff runs too early, anybody else and who knows.  Football.

23 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

2012 Carthage

2013 Carthage

2014 Henderson

2015 Carthage

2016 Carthage

2017 Carthage

2018 Cuero

2019 Wimberly

2020 Carthage

There are very few teams from this area who could say "If Carthage wasnt in our Region we might have one it all" like Silsbee could.  2018 & 2019 are prime examples.  Back to Back State Semi FInals, and jmo but the 2015 & 2016 teams had a very good chance to win as well. There are the occasional let down years but those are usually senior heavy teams that have left the year prior.  Id say Silsbee is very competitive in Region 3 across the three major sports.

Carthage's Championship Legacy has ended Silsbee playoff runs too early, anybody else and who knows.  Football.

in 2016, I just knew we were going home. I'm talking about before the game. That was Silsbee's best chance so far to beat us. 

2 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

2012 Carthage

2013 Carthage

2014 Henderson

2015 Carthage

2016 Carthage

2017 Carthage

2018 Cuero

2019 Wimberly

2020 Carthage

I'm talking about football specifically.  My point still stands, though.  A majority of the time, when a SeTx school (recently) meets a school from outside of SeTx, the season ends.  There's no doubt that we can find exceptions here and there but I'm talking about statistically.   

20 hours ago, pefectmakespractice said:

No one is saying run the coaches off, theyre great, we love them.   Playing calling on 1st down was the same play the whole first half, which lead to long 3rd downs.    

Seems like when we played wos, silsbee and this game we went away from our bread and butter...hecks arm, i love seeing this kid throw.  We needed to give that young man breather at the some point during the game, #1 was head hunting him the whole 4th.  Its okay to put the backup in when the score is like that towards the end.  

Txst and utsa both sitting close said playing calling wasnt mixed good enough for this type of game.  

We had a great season.  Good job HF parents, coaches, players and fans.

Now on to round ball and the diamond boys.  

We love you coach but your play calling sucks. Come back next year so when we lose to #1 state team we can talk about you on a public forum! You still don't get it do you. You get on a public forum and bad mouth coach and you think that's make the coach want to stay ? You might be 100% correct about the play calling, but think about how it looks to him on a public forum. It's not going to encourage him to stay at HF, especially if other people chime in on the forum and it's like a cancer spreading. Heck I'm from EC so chime on brother!!!!! LOL I'm through with this subject but just saying.

Guest mrtomcat
On 11/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, oldschool2 said:

I dont guess I am following your argument.  These teams have won quite a few games in region III recently and a few of them have even advanced to the semifinal / regional final vs region IV finalist.....if you are talking about collectively how setx has faired against folks outside the region, well......its been many years (if ever) that it was relevant !!!  i think there's 5/6 teams from setx that do very well, no matter the classification 

41 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

I dont guess I am following your argument.  These teams have won quite a few games in region III recently and a few of them have even advanced to the semifinal / regional final vs region IV finalist.....if you are talking about collectively how setx has faired against folks outside the region, well......its been many years (if ever) that it was relevant !!!  i think there's 5/6 teams from setx that do very well, no matter the classification 

Um… well.. it’s not really an argument.  The statement I’m making is that MOST OF THE TIME, when a SeTx school meets a non SeTx school in the playoffs.. they lose.  At least recently (last 10-15 years or so).  Notable exceptions are Newton and WOS.  However, prior to the state creating division 1 and division 2 classifications, even those two schools didn’t get out of the region very often.  I know that’s a difficult thing to do.

Disclaimer: I’m well aware that you or anybody else could find exceptions.  I’m talking about the majority of instances.  I’m also talking about football.