Carthage 42 Hamshire-Fannett 14/Final

AggiesAreWe

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

There’s about 2 other schools in 4A that kind of almost belong on the field with Carthage. Β Kind of. Β Almost.

Just my opinion.i really do think w.o and Bellville would welcome the challenge.theyre gud.but not like ppl make them out to be.coaching is a huge difference with them against most 4a schools.

24 minutes ago, dj said:

Just my opinion.i really do think w.o and Bellville would welcome the challenge.theyre gud.but not like ppl make them out to be.coaching is a huge difference with them against most 4a schools.

That would be the two teams I’m talking about. Β And I still think Carthage beats them both. Β And Carthage is a little β€œdown” this year. Β I’d say gilmer as well, but Carthage already comfortably beat them. Β 

36 minutes ago, dj said:

Ok....sorry.Β  Carthage is that good.Β  Talent that never ends. When they're offense is "down" and they will most likely go 16-0, they are that good.

That being said nothing I would love more on this last 10 years for an upset of that size.

Β 

Make no mistake.Β  If Carthage never goes back up and Surratt stays....it will be a stupid amount of championships for the record books.

Β 

6 minutes ago, BadgerNation said:

Heckaman should’ve been pulled long ago. Making bad passes, a terrible lateral. Two fumbles lost. Out coached, Out played. Simple as that. Carthage does not look as good as they have been in the past.
Β 

Β 

Good season Horns.Β 

offensively they may not seem as sharp as in years past.Β 

Defensively though they are fielding their best defense they have ever had.

that said, they are the prohibitiveΒ favorite to go undefeated and win title # 9.

HF has a pretty good year and then gets soundly beaten by a team that has lost 1 game in five seasons, and people are on here blaming the coaches and Heckaman. Β Come on, man. Β This team probably doesn’t make the playoffs without heckaman (4th seed at best). Β And they’ve had this good season running the same few plays over and over. Β There wasn’t anything that could’ve been done to change the outcome of this game. Β It was decided before it started. Β It might could’ve been a hair closer. Β That’s about it.

18 minutes ago, ECFAN#1 said:

LOL He gets HF where they are at and now you drop him in the grease. Heck of a year HF !!!!

No kidding, go to 2nd round getting beat by most likely the state champion and your coaches can't hang. I'll bet if someone gave this guy a million dollars he would complain the bills weren't green enough.Β 

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

HF has a pretty good year and then gets soundly beaten by a team that has lost 1 game in five seasons, and people are on here blaming the coaches and Heckaman. Β Come on, man. Β This team doesn’t make the playoffs without heckaman(maybe 4th seed). Β And they’ve had a pretty good season running the same few plays over and over. Β There wasn’t anything that could’ve been done to change the outcome of this game. Β It was decided before it started. Β It might could’ve been a hair closer. Β That’s about it.

Hes should of been pulled.Β  Plan and simple.Β  3 TOs.Β  More yards backwards.Β  Coaching scared against wos, silsbee and cart.Β  Worst game all season.Β Β 

• bullets13 changed the title to Carthage 42 Hamshire-Fannett 14/Final
5 minutes ago, pefectmakespractice said:

Hes should of been pulled.Β  Plan and simple.Β  3 TOs.Β  More yards backwards.Β  Coaching scared against wos, silsbee and cart.Β  Worst game all season.Β Β 

Lol. Β How many turnovers would a backup have had? Β I promise you HF wouldn’t have scored. Β There have been a grand total of two teams score more than 14 points on Carthage this year, and one of them played in the 5A state championship game last season, and has a reasonable chance to get there again this year. Β You guys are killing me expecting HF to put up 35 or something and not turn the ball over against the best defense in the state. Β HF could’ve easily lost 3 district games. Β Y’all are acting like they’re WOS all of a sudden and should be competing in this one somehow.

3 minutes ago, pefectmakespractice said:

Lose to #1 team in state and run the coach off. Carthage had nothng to do with any of it. You think you can coach better, go apply for the job. I promise you its not as easy as you think sitting in the stands.

18 minutes ago, pefectmakespractice said:

Carthage usually makes their opponent have their worst game of the season lol 🀣

15 minutes ago, pefectmakespractice said:

I would imagine every team that plays Carthage will feel like the played their worst game all season. They don’t give up many points and even fewer yards. Definitely a hard nut to crack. 14 points is a good night against that defense.Β 

No one is saying run the coaches off, theyre great, we love them.Β  Β Playing calling on 1st down was the same play the whole first half, which lead to long 3rd downs.Β  Β Β 

Seems like when we played wos, silsbee and this game we went away from our bread and butter...hecks arm, i love seeing this kid throw.Β  We needed to give that young man breather at the some point during the game, #1 was head hunting him the whole 4th.Β  Its okay to put the backup in when the score is like that towards the end.Β Β 

Txst and utsa both sitting close said playing calling wasnt mixed good enough for this type of game.Β Β 

We had a great season.Β  Good job HF parents, coaches, players and fans.

Now on to round ball and the diamond boys.Β Β 

Great season Longhorns. Β  Enjoy it! Β Losing to an awesome team with that history will be something you talk about . Β  Β 
Β  Β  Β  Second guessing the Coach or QB. Β Not a good look. Β  Use this season to build on. Β Carthage has been a winning tradition. Β  You think this HF coaching staff didn’t put their very best effort into the playoffs ? Β  What they had didn’t work. They may have gone back to why they were comfortable with so no one was seriously injured. Β  Β If #1 was head hunting all night, Β that was his job to do. Β  And it worked. Β Start preparing today for next years play offs. Β Start at the pee wee level teach them how HF plays football. Β Get the middle school into the same program as the varsity. Β It takes time to build a program like that. Unless you are blessed with incredible athletes and a sprinkle of move ins. Β Sometimes you take a loss,Β Be grateful for the experience and pray no one was injured. Β 
Β Β  Β  Β Great job again. Β Hope to see this winning continue.Β 

HF played hard and had a great season. Their QB was a load to bring down. He even ran into Kip Lewis on one play and drove him backwards, That does not happen. Kip is one of the top linebackers in the state.Β 
The Dawg D held HF to 5 yards rushing and 120 yards passing.Β 
For those of you on here thinking HF coaches should of done anything different. This Dawg D is one of the best in 4A history. HF played their tails off and I congratulate them on a very good season.Β 

8 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Very rough evening for Setx football teamsΒ 

Common occurrence.

Have a β€œgood season” against subpar opponents, make playoffs, have unrealistic expectations, play someone outside of SeTx, get beat like a drum, blame coach, repeat.

Noo.. sounds like every other year to me. Β We’ll be having this same conversation a year from now.

28 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Common occurrence.

Have a β€œgood season” against subpar opponents, make playoffs, have unrealistic expectations, play someone outside of SeTx, get beat like a drum, blame coach, repeat.

Noo.. sounds like every other year to me. Β We’ll be having this same conversation a year from now.

Unless your West Orange or Newton then yes this is pretty much par the course. Every once in a while you can add a third team to those two.