Can 12-5A D2 sweep the region?

Cougtalk

23 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

What are the odds that we just replay our district bracket to determine regional champions? 

Replay the two best games in our district of the year. 

PNG v. TC

Crosby v. BH

I woke up with a feeling, it might be heart burn but... I believe in the region sweep! 

You need to stay out of Iguana Joes it will give you that feeling.....

It would be amazing, but of course unlikely. Every game is winnable for our teams in the 2nd round, but I don’t think anyone but Crosby is a favorite. I’d say TC and PNG can be argued have toss-up games depending on which version of Tc and PNG show up. Bh has the tallest order, but that was true last week too. And when Bh is playing well, they have GREAT pieces in place to go head to head with most teams. PNG has to play better on defense and the png QB has to make good decisions and protect the ball more consistently. It can be done, but I’m not holding my breath. 

5 minutes ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Could Bh make that magical run Crosy made last year. I mean that already started with #2 right.. 

Maybe but the big difference is BH has been very inconsistent, Crosby had a bad game, BH has had two bad games, and lost two games they played well in. 

Crosby also made a QB change to start the post season. 

54 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Maybe but the big difference is BH has been very inconsistent, Crosby had a bad game, BH has had two bad games, and lost two games they played well in. 

Crosby also made a QB change to start the post season. 

Who y’all got at QB? Where is Cyrin playing?

I’ll see what we do against AMC, but I think BH has turned a corner… we will see. Beating #2 wasn’t a fluke BH beat them soundly. If BH continues that play this week I think they have a pretty good shot of making that Cinderella run. I know allot of “if’s” 😎

15 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I’ll see what we do against AMC, but I think BH has turned a corner… we will see. Beating #2 wasn’t a fluke BH beat them soundly. If BH continues that play this week I think they have a pretty good shot of making that Cinderella run. I know allot of “if’s” 😎

I agree - BH didn't just squeak by FBM for a last-minute upset. They controlled every aspect of the game. It bodes well for a dark horse run. 

37 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Y’all definitely won’t be making it to the title game. According to BigDog nobody in this district is making it past the third round. He was pretty spot on in his assessment last year when three consecutive weeks he predicted that Crosby wouldn’t make it out of the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds and that we were average. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

FBM was ranked #2 but that wasn’t your typical #2 ranked FBM team, especially after the Chris Marshall issue which is why I thought BH could beat them. I think it’s going to feel much more like you’re playing a state ranked opponent this week though. 

Consol. is big, physical and has very good team speed. Fedora has a couple state titles so you know what’s on their sideline too. The Tigers don’t have what we would called a high-powered offense over here but it’s extremely consistent and their defense probably matches up better with BH than the TC squad that just held them to 7. 

BH gets a huge stroke of fortune in the fact that Consol.’s starting qb is out for the season and they’re rolling with a freshman who should be in over his head against the level of competition BH is capable of playing at. The issue I see is that BH basically put the blueprint of how they have to play Consol. on film last week. Given a week of preparation I don’t think Coach Fedora is going to allow BH’s o-line to dominate like it did last week. It’s going to be interesting to see what their second act is? 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

FBM was ranked #2 but that wasn’t your typical #2 ranked FBM team, especially after the Chris Marshall issue which is why I thought BH could beat them. I think it’s going to feel much more like you’re playing a state ranked opponent this week though. 

Consol. is big, physical and has very good team speed. Fedora has a couple state titles so you know what’s on their sideline too. The Tigers don’t have what we would called a high-powered offense over here but it’s extremely consistent and their defense probably matches up better with BH than the TC squad that just held them to 7. 

BH gets a huge stroke of fortune in the fact that Consol.’s starting qb is out for the season and they’re rolling with a freshman who should be in over his head against the level of competition BH is capable of playing at. The issue I see is that BH basically put the blueprint of how they have to play Consol. on film last week. Given a week of preparation I don’t think Coach Fedora is going to allow BH’s o-line to dominate like it did last week. It’s going to be interesting to see what their second act is? 

Chris Marshall was in the game, QB couldn’t hit him because he was running for his life . BH covered Marshall well which was unexpected considering  what he did to Crosby last year.

I knew once BH took out the boogie man the talk would be that FBM just isn’t that good😎.  We will find out this week if they were bad or if BH is just playing at an elevated level.  The TC game could have opened up something like Ned did for y’all last year.

AMC is a good team and they have a great coach, but I think BH has the weapons and a not to shabby coach to compete. One thing we won’t see this week is the speed FBM had on the field, so I’m confident if we can contain that speed AMC will not surprise.  The QB situation they have does provide an advantage because he looks to only be a threat throwing.  However their lines look huge,  so that will be a battle all night. 

29 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Chris Marshall was in the game, QB couldn’t hit him because he was running for his life . BH covered Marshall well which was unexpected considering  what he did to Crosby last year.

I knew once BH took out the boogie man the talk would be that FBM just isn’t that good😎.  We will find out this week if they were bad or if BH is just playing at an elevated level.  The TC game could have opened up something like Ned did for y’all last year.

AMC is a good team and they have a great coach, but I think BH has the weapons and a not to shabby coach to compete. One thing we won’t see this week is the speed FBM had on the field, so I’m confident if we can contain that speed AMC will not surprise.  The QB situation they have does provide an advantage because he looks to only be a threat throwing.  However their lines look huge,  so that will be a battle all night. 

I don’t think people are saying BH can’t compete don’t get it twisted. 

but A&M may very well be better than the Marshall team you just played. Maybe not, that’s why the games are played. 

8 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

I don’t think people are saying BH can’t compete don’t get it twisted. 

but A&M may very well be better than the Marshall team you just played. Maybe not, that’s why the games are played. 

10-4 , my point was really not to dismiss FBM just because we beat them.  Credit goes to the team. I lost faith after TC, but they proved me wrong last week. 

6 hours ago, dme1111 said:

I don't think there is a sweep.  I Think we will go 1-3 with Crosby being the team that moves on.  I hope there is a clean sweep!!!!  If we do our district is much tougher than I imagined

it's already tougher than I imagined given our 4 seed took out the "#2 team in state and consensus pick for region III"

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

it's already tougher than I imagined given our 4 seed took out the "#2 team in state and consensus pick for region III"

So I investigated the teams a bit more.  Crosby will win.  Barbers HIll has a legit shot. Png has a legit shot.  Texas City has a legit shot.  I'll go with 2-2 or 3-1 for 12-5a

On 11/16/2021 at 6:46 PM, BHFAN said:

I’m not at all saying FB Marshall wasn’t good. I still don’t think Marshall was right though, you don’t not play for a month and just hop back in there. Something just doesn’t seem right about that whole situation? You can look at my posts from the beginning of the year talking about the subject as to why I said they weren’t as good as last year though. Based on film I thought BH was better at the line of scrimmage than they were and BH dominated them there. You can watch Coach Williams podcast from today where he talks about it. 

What I’m saying is that advantage BH had at the line of scrimmage won’t be there this week. That’s probably going to make a huge difference with how BH has to operate. FB Marshall was a finesse team that wants to get in space to use their athletes, Consol. is going to try to run it straight at you with their big o-line. They have a better rb than you just faced with FBM and a receiver that’s probably the fastest I’ve seen on film all year. If their qb doesn’t get hurt they probably beat Montgomery and are ranked in the top 10 themselves. 

Playoffs games are about matchups and I think this is a tougher one for BH. That central Texas style of grind-you-down play mixed with the personnel they put on the field has been tough for our district to deal with in general though, only team I can remember Crosby beating is Brenham. 

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m not at all saying FB Marshall wasn’t good. I still don’t think Marshall was right though, you don’t not play for a month and just hop back in there. Something just doesn’t seem right about that whole situation? You can look at my posts from the beginning of the year talking about the subject as to why I said they weren’t as good as last year though. Based on film I thought BH was better at the line of scrimmage than they were and BH dominated them there. You can watch Coach Williams podcast from today where he talks about it. 

What I’m saying is that advantage BH had at the line of scrimmage won’t be there this week. That’s probably going to make a huge difference with how BH has to operate. FB Marshall was a finesse team that wants to get in space to use their athletes, Consol. is going to try to run it straight at you with their big o-line. They have a better rb than you just faced with FBM and a receiver that’s probably the fastest I’ve seen on film all year. If their qb doesn’t get hurt they probably beat Montgomery and are ranked in the top 10 themselves. 

Playoffs games are about matchups and I think this is a tougher one for BH. That central Texas style of grind-you-down play mixed with the personnel they put on the field has been tough for our district to deal with in general though, only team I can remember Crosby beating is Brenham. 

Do you have the link for Coach Williams Podcast?