Brandon Fairclothe

Stattrax

On 11/15/2021 at 1:03 PM, WR2016 said:

Yes it is laughable…out of all the QBs from PNG - who has been the most successful in college at QB? Maybe compare the stats. :)

What would that have to do with him being the best QB in PNG history? I'm not saying he is or he isn't, but post-HS success doesn't have anything to do with what he did in HS. If he's the best QB in school history, it's based on what he did while at that school.

And I see that slight shade at Roschon, like he wanted to be moved from QB.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:12 PM, dBerrySports said:

What would that have to do with him being the best QB in PNG history? I'm not saying he is or he isn't, but post-HS success doesn't have anything to do with what he did in HS. If he's the best QB in school history, it's based on what he did while at that school.

And I see that slight shade at Roschon, like he wanted to be moved from QB.

Looking at their performance on a different team playing against better talent helps give an idea of who was the better player at that position. I think it’s hard to compare era’s and stats just because there is so many different factors at hand. Including talent level on the team and the teams they played. But my point was watching the quarterbacks perform at that position at the next level could help us get an understanding of the ability of the quarterback.

Not taking a shot at Roschon by any means, he may not have wanted to change to RB. But I do believe the position change helped focus on his strength which is running the football. And I also think putting him at that position helped him develop into a better player than if he would’ve stayed at quarterback.

19 minutes ago, NDNation said:

To bad we can't get Rio away from CH. He's having a good run over there though.

You’d have a high powered offense, probably setting some school records and a defense that gives up…..wait a minute maybe he isn’t a good fit there. Plus he’s not the beer drinking type, wouldn’t fit in there.

18 minutes ago, NDNation said:

To bad we can't get Rio away from CH. He's having a good run over there though.

I think he likes being up there closer to family. Still may not be out of the question if y’all want to open up the check book though. I think Rio even talked to BF before taking the Crosby job to get his thoughts on it?

One place he would probably struggle at PNG is to deal with y’all’s administration though. He doesn’t do the “politics” thing and doesn’t have any issues kicking “me” guys completely off the team no matter how good you are. 

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

Go back and read the locked thread. There were several posts referring to Bears. Makes sense now. 

That thread contained several such rumors, many of which were flatly debunked by Ashly Elam.

That's why it was locked in the end by another SETXSports staffer; spreading unsubstantiated rumors on the messageboard is a violation of site rules.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I reckon with what's about to go thru CH he's going to be there for awhile 😉 

May have him another Tyrik Rollison if Brisbane develops as a passer. He’s probably going to win a title in the next few years and I think he’ll take one of the openings at a bigger East Texas/DFW job. Dude is proving he can win anywhere if given the players. 

42 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think he likes being up there closer to family. Still may not be out of the question if y’all want to open up the check book though. I think Rio even talked to BF before taking the Crosby job to get his thoughts on it?

One place he would probably struggle at PNG is to deal with y’all’s administration though. He doesn’t do the “politics” thing and doesn’t have any issues kicking “me” guys completely off the team no matter how good you are. 

I think most coaches will struggle with that.

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

You’d have a high powered offense, probably setting some school records and a defense that gives up…..wait a minute maybe he isn’t a good fit there. Plus he’s not the beer drinking type, wouldn’t fit in there.

If he has a lift on his truck, he'll fit right in.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Curious about this statement.  Since 1994, there has only been "2" head coaches.  Sounds like a good administration to me to work for.   Also interesting that there wasn't any challenge to the statement from any PNG faithful!  But, if this is movement, maybe they have realized something!   

58 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Curious about this statement.  Since 1994, there has only been "2" head coaches.  Sounds like a good administration to me to work for.   Also interesting that there wasn't any challenge to the statement from any PNG faithful!  But, if this is movement, maybe they have realized something!   

If you're a winner, this community will put you on a pedestal. It's a great community to live in. Lots of Pride and lots of tradition. 

Oh, and don't lose to Nederland.