Brandon Fairclothe

Stattrax

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I really go by quality wins, athletic ability and that ice water factor. Correct me if I’m wrong, but other than quality stats, no wins over Nederland. No deep playoff run, and no Willie Ray Smith award. This is actually a dumb debate, because he was a good QB. But All the QBs i mentioned had wins over Nederland. 2 won the Willie Ray. All of them went to a D1 school, 1 went to a SC game, some had multiple playoff wins. So it’s just my opinion. I do believe Adam had quality stats, and if I’m correct had a payoff win against Dayton when they went for 2. So I guess If stats and a quality win is what one likes, so be it. I think the other 3 had a total of 7 wins against Nederland. One was an All American. One went to a SC and a D1 school. And the other 2 went to D1 schools as well. Once again nothing against any of them. Just my opinion. Don’t quote me on the stats and wins and all because it’s off the top of my head. 

There are a ton of other factors that go into a football game that affect the outcome of it. A huge factor in those Nederland games was play calling, BF could not get past Neuman and he continued to get out coached in those prime time games. If you watched those games you would see that. As for college play level goes, all 4 of them got d1 offers. 1 ended up playing basketball. 1 turned to a running back. 1 is still young and we will have to wait and see but will most likely end up having to transfer to see any playing time. And 1 transferred to a passing D2 school and broke records. If you were to say which of those 4 had a better college quarterback career, who are you taking? To me it looks like only 1 ended up making it as a college quarterback. 

24 minutes ago, Rockets00 said:

There are a ton of other factors that go into a football game that affect the outcome of it. A huge factor in those Nederland games was play calling, BF could not get past Neuman and he continued to get out coached in those prime time games. If you watched those games you would see that. As for college play level goes, all 4 of them got d1 offers. 1 ended up playing basketball. 1 turned to a running back. 1 is still young and we will have to wait and see but will most likely end up having to transfer to see any playing time. And 1 transferred to a passing D2 school and broke records. If you were to say which of those 4 had a better college quarterback career, who are you taking? To me it looks like only 1 ended up making it as a college quarterback. 

If you going that route. D Long. A&M and Sam Houston. I have never even heard of the school you speak of. I couldn’t even tell you where it is. But maybe your right, maybe he’s the greatest ever. Maybe D2 is better competition. He graduated 6 years ago. So I have no idea how he is even playing. But it’s just an opinion. As I said I like the kid. End of story.

6 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

If you going that route. D Long. A&M and Sam Houston. I have never even heard of the school you speak of. I couldn’t even tell you where it is. But maybe your right, maybe he’s the greatest ever. Maybe D2 is better competition. He graduated 6 years ago. So I have no idea how he is even playing. But it’s just an opinion. As I said I like the kid. End of story.

Lol yeah sure sounds like you like him. But I have already stated D. Long is the best. I never said Adam was the greatest ever, but he is definitely one of the greatest we have had. You talking down on his current D2 school doesn’t help anyone’s argument. Considering he has accomplished more quarterback feats in college than your other 3, combined. I can even go to say he was the only quarterback to make it in college out of your 3. He was given an extra year since there season was canceled due to covid.

I think D Long in Coach Faircloth's system would own a lot of PN-G passing records and they might be so far out of reach that you would need to start a 7th grader to break them.  DL could read defenses in a split second and make any throw necessary...lasers, lobs, the short game, and the long game.  He was a complete passing QB.  Another PN-G QB that threw great long balls was RJ.  I don't think there was ever a PN-G QB who could throw the long ball like RJ...beautiful arc and touch.  Adam was gritty, tough as nails, and he could sling it around.  He was good at reading defenses, standing tough in the pocket, and making good throws.  I would take him in a heartbeat year in and year out.  It's like your kids...you love them all and you would not dare say one was better than the others (cough, cough...at least you would not say it out loud for anyone to hear).  Ha-ha.

Who is or was the greatest PN-G pass rusher?  DL/DE or OLB?  I've thought of a few names, but would be interested in the opinions of others.  Strattrax?  Rockets?  Others?

Go Indians!

5 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

I think D Long in Coach Faircloth's system would own a lot of PN-G passing records and they might be so far out of reach that you would need to start a 7th grader to break them.  DL could read defenses in a split second and make any throw necessary...lasers, lobs, the short game, and the long game.  He was a complete passing QB.  Another PN-G QB that threw great long balls was RJ.  I don't think there was ever a PN-G QB who could throw the long ball like RJ...beautiful arc and touch.  Adam was gritty, tough as nails, and he could sling it around.  He was good at reading defenses, standing tough in the pocket, and making good throws.  I would take him in a heartbeat year in and year out.  It's like your kids...you love them all and you would not dare say one was better than the others (cough, cough...at least you would not say it out loud for anyone to hear).  Ha-ha.

Who is or was the greatest PN-G pass rusher?  DL/DE or OLB?  I've thought of a few names, but would be interested in the opinions of others.  Strattrax?  Rockets?  Others?

Go Indians!

Love this take. Glad they all played for us at one point and we all got to witness their amazing careers.

On 11/19/2021 at 2:46 PM, 1989NDN said:

Good discussion/debate between Strattrax and Rockets.  Good stuff.  I love them all and I am thrilled they wore purple and white.  Glad they are PN-G Indians.  But...Richy Ethridge called and said, here, hold my beer, I want in this discussion.  I'm the best of them all.  Never lost to Nederland or Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson or Port Arthur Lincoln, and I have more playoff wins than several of the QBs combined.  Before Richy grabbed his beer, he said, I played college ball and I need to get back to polishing my state championship trophy and ring.  Go Indians.  Peace.

No and I mean no problems on that. He has the hardware. Problem is I actually didn’t see him play. But if I did he would be my GOAT.

1 minute ago, Rockets00 said:

Love this take. Glad they all played for us at one point and we all got to witness their amazing career

5 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Go Indians!

I never seen him play, but I have been told that Wilson Weber is by far the best LB to ever wear purple. That comes from men who are legends in this town, so I take their word. For me, Shawn Lang at LB. We have had a ton of insanely good book ends. So that’s a tough one. 

You're good Strattrax...I thought of Wilson Weber, Ted Brack, Mark Moss, Matt Burnett, Shawn Lang, Trayce Boudoin, and a few others.  Shawn Lang was not the biggest guy, but he had a nose for the football and he would light you up with a mean streak.  Excellent choice.  No argument here.  Wilson Weber...his jersey should be retired.  Nothing more needs to be said.  No one with any sense of PN-G history would argue the point.  Another excellent choice.

37 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

You're good Strattrax...I thought of Wilson Weber, Ted Brack, Mark Moss, Matt Burnett, Shawn Lang, Trayce Boudoin, and a few others.  Shawn Lang was not the biggest guy, but he had a nose for the football and he would light you up with a mean streak.  Excellent choice.  No argument here.  Wilson Weber...his jersey should be retired.  Nothing more needs to be said.  No one with any sense of PN-G history would argue the point.  Another excellent choice.

This is the hidden content, please

Chris Gholkes hit against Lamarque and many of the defenders you mentioned above. Enjoy

10 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Most of the folks on here get caught up on statistics. A lot more is needed to be a GOAT. Athleticism, heart, god given talent, and work ethic, plus hardware. It’s hard to pick Ritchie, honestly because I never seen him play live. And his stats are mediocre I would imagine. But he has the hardware. And that’s all you need. If I would have seen him play I would probably pick him. The first QB I remember is Deny Duhon. But in those days we became a laughing stock under Butch. Defensively I have seen some great players. Maybe the best middle linebacker I have seen was a kid named Justin Smith, on the 96 team. Thats actually the best defense I have seen other than the 89 team. But I have spoke to every PNG guru. Including Doug. And Wilson Weber  is the name. Word is tree trunks for legs and impossible to chop block back in the day. Game speed was good and football IQ was high. And would light you up all night. But you have to remember, I grew up watching the practices, and in my childhood, there was a sidewalk on both sides of the practice field by the old field house. And it was lined up with old timers, and I mean lined up. And I would pick their brains at a young age, and carry that wisdom with me. And once I got my season tickets, I was blessed to sit close to 2 men, who arguably had more knowledge than any alumni I have know. That would be Ken Watson and Dr. Landry. So my opinions are just that, opinions. But I feel I have a better understanding of history,  versus the folks who live in the now. But I agree with most, each is entitled, and most of the time, warranted. I’m just not a rah rah. Participant ribbons got you in trouble when I was young. 

9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Chris Gholkes hit against Lamarque and many of the defenders you mentioned above. Enjoy

Chris was the best safety I have seen by a mile. Back in his days I was on the sidelines. The only game I ever seen him think we had been outclassed was against Dayton his junior year. We were sitting in the Lamar field house and I asked him we are tied, do we have this. His exact words… I don’t know what these guys are eating, but they are strong and fast. We went on to lose that game. After, he said it won’t happen again. And he made sure to make a statement the next year when we scrimmaged Dayton. After the bench clearing brawl, he made a statement to his team. And that was a run to the SC. Matt tells the story, after Gholke came back to the sidelines, he said coach one more time they hit me, it’s on. Matt went and talked to the Dayton coach. And told him you better talk to your team, because this isn’t going to end well. And it took one more play and the brawl Began. @biaplayer you remember well. The funny story, and I won’t  give a ton of detail, is the conversation Matt had with Gholke, after the Lamarque hit, wasn’t what anyone would imagine. And my source on it, is Matt…. But by a mile the best safety I have seen. 

Good discussion/debate between Strattrax and Rockets.  Good stuff.  I love them all and I am thrilled they wore purple and white.  Glad they are PN-G Indians.  But...Richy Ethridge called and said, here, hold my beer, I want in this discussion.  I'm the best of them all.  Never lost to Nederland or Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson or Port Arthur Lincoln, and I have more playoff wins than several of the QBs combined.  Before Richy grabbed his beer, he said, I played college ball and I need to get back to polishing my state championship trophy and ring.  Go Indians.  Peace.

Best DE I have seen is the first Schexnaider kid. No idea why he didn’t get a full ride. He was a book end. Mid 2000s. His younger brother was good as well. But he was a straight beast.

12 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Until moving to BH 10 years ago, I was around PNG football for a good while. Gholke in my opinion was the best defensive player to come through PNG. Dude was fearless! Schexnaider a close second.

16 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Until moving to BH 10 years ago, I was around PNG football for a good while. Gholke in my opinion was the best defensive player to come through PNG. Dude was fearless! Schexnaider a close second.

I’m not quite sure that was the hit. The hit was right before the half, and resulted in a personal foul. Although that’s a great hit in the video. It’s not seen on the full video of the game. But the opposing player was down for quite a while.

I was wondering when someone was going to come to their senses and up R. Ethridge!  Ethridge didn't have the stats that's being thrown around but he does have what the others do not:  A State Championship his junior year.  Of course he also had the advantage of having a championship coach leading the team!

No doubt about Gholke! We will never see a defensive back hit like that in high school again. You will get kicked out of the game for hitting people like he did. He for sure was my favorite defensive player to watch. His attitude after he hit you was the best! When he would lay em out he would just stare em down. One bad dude!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 7:37 AM, Stattrax said:

Best DE I have seen is the first Schexnaider kid. No idea why he didn’t get a full ride. He was a book end. Mid 2000s. His younger brother was good as well. But he was a straight beast.

Ask and ye shall receive

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Man, the praises here sure got quite after he "again" got eliminated from the playoffs.  

This area isn’t loaded with talent and until the stars align no team in area will win state. People move to thriving areas and SETX is dying off every year.  Refineries don’t have employee a lot of full time employees anymore. They hire contractors who have little ownership the community and come and go. Refineries could careless about communities. They want the property to expand!