Brandon Fairclothe

Stattrax

3 hours ago, Rockets00 said:

Adam started 2 years not 3. If you can recall Ky Walker was the starter for the 2013-2014 season. If Adam would've started his Sophomore year, he would undoubtably be at the top of every career list. When you compare how close his passing stats are to Johnson's it makes it even more incredible knowing he did it with one less season. I am not by any means downplaying Johnson, they are both very great quarterbacks. I just want to make sure Adam was getting the well earned respect he deserves. And for which I believe that he is the best Passing quarterback in PNG history.

I think Adam should have started in 2013 too. Ky Walker was good, but he was also a good defender. ky at corner with Adam at qb would have been a good combo

7 hours ago, KF89 said:

PNG CAREER PASSING YARDAGE -PNGINDIANS.COM             

1. R. Johnson-2016-2018- 7,710.  30-8 record   2-1 vs. Nederland   

2. A. Morse-2013-2015- 6,298.   23-11 record  0-3 vs. Nederland

3. D. Long-1997-1998- 6,173       30-7 record   2-1 vs. Nederland 

4. B. Doty-2009-2010- 4,708      19-6 record   1-1  vs. Nederland

5 .B. Bost-2018-2020- 4,592      12-10 record  2-0 vs. Nederland

MOST CAREER TD PASSES

1. R. Johnson- 85

2. A. Morse- 70

3. D. Long- 56

4. B. Bost- 44

5. B. Doty- 43

No doubt all 5 guys were very good, including Morse. IMO after seeing all play, I would have a hard time not saying D. Long was the best PNG QB. Long probably would have had 10,000 yards passing & 100 TD'S in Faircloth offensive schemes😁. Long had solid college years at A&M\Sam Houston. Morse is putting up great stats at Henderson State. Doty went to Oregon but then decided to play basketball @ Lamar, Johnson is a rb at UT & Bost is #2 QB @ A&M.

I would love to see Dustin Long playing in offensive schemes of today. I don’t think he ever even took a snap other than under center. 

Looks like all the WB’s on this had great careers.

7 hours ago, Raider24 said:

What would be awesome is if he would get forced out @ PNG, pull a Bum, and end up @ Big Ned and be a thorn in everyone’s side that wanted him out at the Rez.

Well this thread just got even more interesting!!! 🍿

To answer all the questions….

I did not start any type of rumor. I basically said, with all the pissing and moaning, I’m not exactly a BF lover, but if you for one instance think a Joe Dale Cary type could come in, if Bf ever left and do what BF has done, you are absolutely out of your mind. I gave mad props to what Bf has done. At times has he failed? Yes…. At times has he overachieved? Yes… he has grown up in front of our eyes as a coach. People on this board know me, and know my credibility. Am I right all the time? No…. Most? Yes…. Do I know football? Don’t bet against me…. Do I bleed purple? Damn right….. my opinions are created on my years of football. I go back to watching Deny Duhon. I have seen many come and go. Am I a rah rah? Nope… Do I speak the truth? Yep….. as for the QB debate, my opinion is just that. If I had one to choose from, I would take who I would take. As for Adam, great kid. Love him to death, coached him in junior league, friends with his dad. Just not my choice. I want ice water in the veins, a cannon, and mobility. Just my preference, no secret I take D Long as my guy, and that’s tough because RJ is a great kid, his family is good friends. He’s coachable and takes words to heart. I gave him advice when he left for UT and he did exactly what my advice was. So it doesn’t make me right or wrong,  it is simply my opinion. None of this was in my first post, simply because I gave credit to BF. I’m not into pre madonnas….. And trust me BF isn’t either. He plays to win. That’s how he keeps a job. So if anyone is wishing for different….. the grass isn’t always greener. But as I stated just giving the man props. I only know Tecmo Bowl, and maybe I overstepped my boundaries. Just thought he did a great job this year, with his hands tied in keep positions.  @prepballfan my post was how you took it. Positive towards BF. And I’m glad you laid out numbers. I have never made a more positive post in my days on this sight. I’m amazed how some of you, have no clue to what you are speaking of, yet want to make accusations, and it’s all false. Maybe y’all are all Dallas Cowboy fans. Maybe you would take Romo… he has great stats….. he wouldn’t make my top 3…… just my opinion based on Tecmo Bowl….. peace ☮️ fellas. 

On 11/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, aki1994 said:

Let's see here. 

Scott Bartlett - Son in 8th grade and son in 7th grade. 

Brandon Cropper - Son in 9th grade and son in 6th grade. 

Dustin Marsh - No kids in high school or even close to high school yet. 

Dallon James - Very young kids. 

Eric Sullivan - Has had sons play and be very successful for Faircloth. I am not sure how much his senior plays but I know Eric and he is not going to push for a coach to be fired because his son is not a kid getting the most playing time. 

Jake Lefort- His son is on varsity and is a senior and he plays. 

Lana Parker- Her youngest is over 40. I am sure she isn't riding the pine at PN-G. 

I personally know every person on the board except Dallon. Please don't pass along rumors that could be harmful when you have no idea if there is truth in them. 

Don’t insult my intelligence on here. Evidently you don’t know as much as you think you know. Without going on here and saying board member’s name’s I said what I said. And a couple of those kid’s just recently starting playing more. Either you don’t know these people good enough for them to tell you how they truly feel. I dont get on a board and just talk bs!

40 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

To answer all the questions….

I did not start any type of rumor. I basically said, with all the pissing and moaning, I’m not exactly a BF lover, but if you for one instance think a Joe Dale Cary type could come in, if Bf ever left and do what BF has done, you are absolutely out of your mind. I gave mad props to what Bf has done. At times has he failed? Yes…. At times has he overachieved? Yes… he has grown up in front of our eyes as a coach. People on this board know me, and know my credibility. Am I right all the time? No…. Most? Yes…. Do I know football? Don’t bet against me…. Do I bleed purple? Damn right….. my opinions are created on my years of football. I go back to watching Deny Duhon. I have seen many come and go. Am I a rah rah? Nope… Do I speak the truth? Yep….. as for the QB debate, my opinion is just that. If I had one to choose from, I would take who I would take. As for Adam, great kid. Love him to death, coached him in junior league, friends with his dad. Just not my choice. I want ice water in the veins, a cannon, and mobility. Just my preference, no secret I take D Long as my guy, and that’s tough because RJ is a great kid, his family is good friends. He’s coachable and takes words to heart. I gave him advice when he left for UT and he did exactly what my advice was. So it doesn’t make me right or wrong,  it is simply my opinion. None of this was in my first post, simply because I gave credit to BF. I’m not into pre madonnas….. And trust me BF isn’t either. He plays to win. That’s how he keeps a job. So if anyone is wishing for different….. the grass isn’t always greener. But as I stated just giving the man props. I only know Tecmo Bowl, and maybe I overstepped my boundaries. Just thought he did a great job this year, with his hands tied in keep positions.  @prepballfan my post was how you took it. Positive towards BF. And I’m glad you laid out numbers. I have never made a more positive post in my days on this sight. I’m amazed how some of you, have no clue to what you are speaking of, yet want to make accusations, and it’s all false. Maybe y’all are all Dallas Cowboy fans. Maybe you would take Romo… he has great stats….. he wouldn’t make my top 3…… just my opinion based on Tecmo Bowl….. peace ☮️ fellas. 

I understand your take and see where you are coming from. Valuing the mobility of the Qb very high. I agree it is a valuable ability to have especially at the high school level. I would say Bost and RJ definitely open up the offense with there legs, making a more dynamic offense than with a pure passer like Adam. But if I am talking composure in the pocket, poise, accuracy, throwing the best ball, reading the defense and making the right decision, I am taking A-mo without question. He does that better than anyone and is the definition of a pure pocket passer. If I want someone throwing the ball, I'm choosing Adam, no one does it better than him. He is going to be able to make throws that no one else on your list would be able to make because of his ability. Hahah I would even go to say if he was blessed with the build and stature of Bost, RJ, Doty or Long, we would all be watching him play on Sunday.

15 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

Don’t insult my intelligence on here. Evidently you don’t know as much as you think you know. Without going on here and saying board member’s name’s I said what I said. And a couple of those kid’s just recently starting playing more. Either you don’t know these people good enough for them to tell you how they truly feel. I dont get on a board and just talk bs!

Since you are going to reply here and PM me, you made a specific statement that board members wanted Faircloth gone because of their kids playing time when everybody in Port Neches and Groves knows there are only two board members with kids playing. So you are the one that put that target on their backs unfairly sharing that information plus made them look petty in the process. Like I said in the PM. Be better. I am certain those two love that you posted that on a public forum for all to read. So keep digging your hole by repeating how the board members really feel. I am 100 percent for sure they don't want you speaking for them on this message board. I didn't have to insult your intelligence when you did it yourself considering you got your information from "some kin that may have lunch on occasion" per your DM which I can post here if you like as well. 

2 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Since you are going to reply here and PM me, you made a specific statement that board members wanted Faircloth gone because of their kids playing time when everybody in Port Neches and Groves knows there are only two board members with kids playing. So you are the one that put that target on their backs unfairly sharing that information plus made them look petty in the process. Like I said in the PM. Be better. I am certain those two love that you posted that on a public forum for all to read. So keep digging your hole by repeating how the board members really feel. I am 100 percent for sure they don't want you speaking for them on this message board. I didn't have to insult your intelligence when you did it yourself considering you got your information from "some kin that may have lunch on occasion" per your DM which I can post here if you like as well. 

No you cannot. That is against forum policy.

20 hours ago, Rockets00 said:

I understand your take and see where you are coming from. Valuing the mobility of the Qb very high. I agree it is a valuable ability to have especially at the high school level. I would say Bost and RJ definitely open up the offense with there legs, making a more dynamic offense than with a pure passer like Adam. But if I am talking composure in the pocket, poise, accuracy, throwing the best ball, reading the defense and making the right decision, I am taking A-mo without question. He does that better than anyone and is the definition of a pure pocket passer. If I want someone throwing the ball, I'm choosing Adam, no one does it better than him. He is going to be able to make throws that no one else on your list would be able to make because of his ability. Hahah I would even go to say if he was blessed with the build and stature of Bost, RJ, Doty or Long, we would all be watching him play on Sunday.

I do not dispute whatever your opinion is.  I would think that playing D1, would show the athletic ability. And I would think reading a defense would be part of that. I’m not sure of Adans career, he grauduated 6 years ago, if he is still playing college ball, that’s fantastic. I’m glad he finally got the opportunity. My opinion is different for yours, and both are valid. Hopefully you seen D Long play. He called his own plays in the clutch, and in those days a head coach wasn’t sending in plays. I believe that is why. He set records at A&M and Sam Houston. Once again, just my opinion, different era, different football.

Congrats to A. Morse 2021 2nd team All GAC QB. Great numbers put up this year. 

This is the hidden content, please

IMO I still have to agree with Stattrax & pngindiansfootball.com & go with D. Long as the best composure in the pocket, accuracy, poise, reading the defense, making the right decision, team leading, winning big games passing QB in Indian history. 

I have been watching Adams senior season all season. I have watched 6 of his games this season and crunching the numbers

Attempts                Comp.           %                  Yards                         TDs                  Ints                      Rushes                           Yards                              Tds

Adam Morse                   378                        253            67%               3403                         28                     12                          72                                   283                                 4

Dustin Long                    531                         333           62%               4588                         39                     18                          45                                   -12                                  2

2 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Monte isn't going anywhere...now if we're talking hiring Faircloth as Offensive Coordinator 100% on board (won't happen but one can dream right)

I know! Just saying be careful what you wish for Indian fan’s cause you never know what ya gonna get! Karma’s a *****! 

On 11/17/2021 at 3:15 PM, KF89 said:

Congrats to A. Morse 2021 2nd team All GAC QB. Great numbers put up this year. 

IMO I still have to agree with Stattrax & pngindiansfootball.com & go with D. Long as the best composure in the pocket, accuracy, poise, reading the defense, making the right decision, team leading, winning big games passing QB in Indian history. 

It’s really not even a comparison. I try snd keep it cordial, but it’s apples to oranges. I’m glad Adam is doing well. But it’s a huge drop off from D1….. D Long had it all. Poise, touch, mindset, ice water in his veins. And has hardware to prove it. Watching him for 3 years was amazing. Watching him week to week, reading defenses, calling plays, taking over games. During a time you didn’t have a coach telling you what to run after the defense set up from the sidelines. Taking nothing away from anyone, but other than RJ….. not much of a debate. That’s just my opinion. But hell, anyone who knows football and puts the Pom poms up knows you don’t take Romo over Stabaucn or Aikman.

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

It’s really not even a comparison. I try snd keep it cordial, but it’s apples to oranges. I’m glad Adam is doing well. But it’s a huge drop off from D1….. D Long had it all. Poise, touch, mindset, ice water in his veins. And has hardware to prove it. Watching him for 3 years was amazing. Watching him week to week, reading defenses, calling plays, taking over games. During a time you didn’t have a coach telling you what to run after the defense set up from the sidelines. Taking nothing away from anyone, but other than RJ….. not much of a debate. That’s just my opinion. But hell, anyone who knows football and puts the Pom poms up knows you don’t take Romo over Stabaucn or Aikman.

I understand that completely, Dustin Long with forever be the greatest and that is well deserved. But back to your original take saying Bost, RJ, Doty, were better Quarterbacks than Adam. RJ is different and I can understand him being above Adam because of what he can do with his legs is incomparable. What ever tough passes he couldn't make he more than made up for it with his legs. But if you are comparing playing Quarterback, between Adam, Doty, RJ, and Bost, I want Adam throwing my receivers the ball 10/10 times. I don't think there should even be a debate on it honestly.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, aki1994 said:

I thought it was better to pm you and let you know that I know what I’m talking about. Like I  stated before you din’t know what you think you know. And no everyone on here didn’t know the board members or their kid’s. Your the one that brought that on here. No dummy I told you Im kin to a couple of them and have lunch with them and I know their thoughts (which I don’t always agree on). And I may be friends with a couple of em. Look here little guy behind the computer I know what I’m talking about and you evidently dont know what you think you know! And I have no problem whatsoever with you posting anything I sent. I stand 100% behind what I said. I don’t just get on a computer and spew BS! And no I didn’t dig a hole and I can back up everything I said. Unlike you little guy behind the computer! And yes a couple of them did see this post. And they know me and you and I assure you they didn’t have a problem with my post!

3 hours ago, Rockets00 said:

I understand that completely, Dustin Long with forever be the greatest and that is well deserved. But back to your original take saying Bost, RJ, Doty, were better Quarterbacks than Adam. RJ is different and I can understand him being above Adam because of what he can do with his legs is incomparable. What ever tough passes he couldn't make he more than made up for it with his legs. But if you are comparing playing Quarterback, between Adam, Doty, RJ, and Bost, I want Adam throwing my receivers the ball 10/10 times. I don't think there should even be a debate on it honestly.

I really go by quality wins, athletic ability and that ice water factor. Correct me if I’m wrong, but other than quality stats, no wins over Nederland. No deep playoff run, and no Willie Ray Smith award. This is actually a dumb debate, because he was a good QB. But All the QBs i mentioned had wins over Nederland. 2 won the Willie Ray. All of them went to a D1 school, 1 went to a SC game, some had multiple playoff wins. So it’s just my opinion. I do believe Adam had quality stats, and if I’m correct had a payoff win against Dayton when they went for 2. So I guess If stats and a quality win is what one likes, so be it. I think the other 3 had a total of 7 wins against Nederland. One was an All American. One went to a SC and a D1 school. And the other 2 went to D1 schools as well. Once again nothing against any of them. Just my opinion. Don’t quote me on the stats and wins and all because it’s off the top of my head. 

Good discussion/debate between Strattrax and Rockets.  Good stuff.  I love them all and I am thrilled they wore purple and white.  Glad they are PN-G Indians.  But...Richy Ethridge called and said, here, hold my beer, I want in this discussion.  I'm the best of them all.  Never lost to Nederland or Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson or Port Arthur Lincoln, and I have more playoff wins than several of the QBs combined.  Before Richy grabbed his beer, he said, I played college ball and I need to get back to polishing my state championship trophy and ring.  Go Indians.  Peace.