Brandon Fairclothe

Stattrax

I want to say this. While I still can…

I have not always been a super big supporter of BF. I knew we needed change, and maybe because he was an outsider, I didn’t give him the Danny Malone chance. Malone had fire and was US from day one. I felt at first BF was not US. But if you look at the big picture, I think he has done a good job overall. I have seen some of the most exciting games under his coaching, as well as some of the most disappointing. But this year is an example of putting together a season that we overachieved. He has had his struggles with Nederland. But so did Matt. He has has 3 of the best QBs in our history, Doty, RJ, and Bost, and has made us respectable. He has taken kids like Morse, and Miller, and made them into good HIgh School quarterbacks. You hear about our defense, but if you look at demographics, we just do not have the talent, to be great on both sides. PAM and Lumberton moving down has hurt both us and Nederland with move ins. And our area is landlocked, and what used to be prime jobs, is mainly contractor jobs, folks moving in and out. Drive around and see all the trailer parks filled up. I think his goal was build a facility and get some guys in. But the indoor facility was shot down. We had turf first, but now everyone has it. So we are not on a higher level as far as facilities  go. What I will say, is that he has won games we should not have one. Kept us in games we should not have been in, and lost games we should have one. But that’s the life of a coach. Overall he has done a great job. He will leave as the winningest coach in our history. And he made us relevant on several occasions. I think his 2 best coaching feats, was a loss to Manvel, which his play calling kept us in a game we had no business being in. And the win against WOS, that broke a long drought. A guy like BF will be hard to replace, simply because we are not the talent pool, booming area we once was. So if I was to rate him, as of today, he would get an A………. Anyone can read this and take it how you want. But I think we have been lucky to have a guy who made us a good offensive team, and made us relevant at times. Times change, people change, and high school football changes. The Todd Dodges of the world are hard to come by. I think the key, is to take ideas from the Dodges of the world, advance them, and keep Texas High School football relevant. Dynasty’s come and go, but the Friday night lights will always be a part of Texas.

11 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I want to say this. While I still can…

I have not always been a super big supporter of BF. I knew we needed change, and maybe because he was an outsider, I didn’t give him the Danny Malone chance. Malone had fire and was US from day one. I felt at first BF was not US. But if you look at the big picture, I think he has done a good job overall. I have seen some of the most exciting games under his coaching, as well as some of the most disappointing. But this year is an example of putting together a season that we overachieved. He has had his struggles with Nederland. But so did Matt. He has has 3 of the best QBs in our history, Doty, RJ, and Bost, and has made us respectable. He has taken kids like Morse, and Miller, and made them into good HIgh School quarterbacks. You hear about our defense, but if you look at demographics, we just do not have the talent, to be great on both sides. PAM and Lumberton moving down has hurt both us and Nederland with move ins. And our area is landlocked, and what used to be prime jobs, is mainly contractor jobs, folks moving in and out. Drive around and see all the trailer parks filled up. I think his goal was build a facility and get some guys in. But the indoor facility was shot down. We had turf first, but now everyone has it. So we are not on a higher level as far as facilities  go. What I will say, is that he has won games we should not have one. Kept us in games we should not have been in, and lost games we should have one. But that’s the life of a coach. Overall he has done a great job. He will leave as the winningest coach in our history. And he made us relevant on several occasions. I think his 2 best coaching feats, was a loss to Manvel, which his play calling kept us in a game we had no business being in. And the win against WOS, that broke a long drought. A guy like BF will be hard to replace, simply because we are not the talent pool, booming area we once was. So if I was to rate him, as of today, he would get an A………. Anyone can read this and take it how you want. But I think we have been lucky to have a guy who made us a good offensive team, and made us relevant at times. Times change, people change, and high school football changes. The Todd Dodges of the world are hard to come by. I think the key, is to take ideas from the Dodges of the world, advance them, and keep Texas High School football relevant. Dynasty’s come and go, but the Friday night lights will always be a part of Texas.

I would agree that is a Very Fair Assessment. 

Faircloth won't be bullied into doing what school board member's want him to do! I was told that some kid's of the school board are riding the pine and don't want him back. I believe his contract is up after this season. The Indian's have been pretty successful since he got here. A lot of people hate that every year the defense is terrible. I'd rather watch an entertaining offense versus a great defense and no offense. That's about what we were getting after Long left. Faircloth in my eyes has been a pretty damn good coach. Every year we have a pretty damn good QB. And a lot of that is on him. I'm hearing his contract won't be renewed but I've heard that many times. People better watch what they wish for. Change does not mean better in many cases!

2 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

Faircloth won't be bullied into doing what school board member's want him to do! I was told that some kid's of the school board are riding the pine and don't want him back. I believe his contract is up after this season. The Indian's have been pretty successful since he got here. A lot of people hate that every year the defense is terrible. I'd rather watch an entertaining offense versus a great defense and no offense. That's about what we were getting after Long left. Faircloth in my eyes has been a pretty damn good coach. Every year we have a pretty damn good QB. And a lot of that is on him. I'm hearing his contract won't be renewed but I've heard that many times. People better watch what they wish for. Change does not mean better in many cases!

Let's see here. 

Scott Bartlett - Son in 8th grade and son in 7th grade. 

Brandon Cropper - Son in 9th grade and son in 6th grade. 

Dustin Marsh - No kids in high school or even close to high school yet. 

Dallon James - Very young kids. 

Eric Sullivan - Has had sons play and be very successful for Faircloth. I am not sure how much his senior plays but I know Eric and he is not going to push for a coach to be fired because his son is not a kid getting the most playing time. 

Jake Lefort- His son is on varsity and is a senior and he plays. 

Lana Parker- Her youngest is over 40. I am sure she isn't riding the pine at PN-G. 

I personally know every person on the board except Dallon. Please don't pass along rumors that could be harmful when you have no idea if there is truth in them. 

22 hours ago, Stattrax said:

He has has 3 of the best QBs in our history, Doty, RJ, and Bost, and has made us respectable. He has taken kids like Morse, and Miller, and made them into good HIgh School quarterbacks.

Not putting Adam Morse into that list of best quarterbacks of PNG History is a complete joke. Not only is he there but should be above all 3 of the quarterbacks you mentioned. Saying BF has taken Adam Morse and made him into a "good" quarterback is laughable. He did help Adam do as well as he did with his offense he had but Adam already had all of the talent and would've excelled at any program. This is very obvious if you have ever watched him play which makes me think your post are very opinionated or you do not know football very well. Brandon has been a very good coach over his time at PNG. He is a very good offensive coordinator with an electric offense scheme that will always put points on the board. I applaud and thank him for what he has done for this program.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This thread is a bit um..... Well...... Interesting. 

Fans are upset when a coach loses, they are upset if a coach has a good offense & a bad defense, they are upset even if a coach wins, but does not win in the method they believe best to win, I can promise that fault will be found in any coach going into the future at PNG. Indian fans expect to win, have their opinions on how to win & will always believe we can win.  A not unusual, but very tough situation for any coach to come into.  Heck, I can remember people that were unhappy with Ethridge because he only won 1 state championship as head coach. No way to please everyone all the time!

34 minutes ago, Rockets00 said:

Not putting Adam Morse into that list of best quarterbacks of PNG History is a complete joke. Not only is he there but should be above all 3 of the quarterbacks you mentioned. Saying BF has taken Adam Morse and made him into a "good" quarterback is laughable. He did help Adam do as well as he did with his offense he had but Adam already had all of the talent and would've excelled at any program. This is very obvious if you have ever watched him play which makes me think your post are very opinionated or you do not know football very well. Brandon has been a very good coach over his time at PNG. He is a very good offensive coordinator with an electric offense scheme that will always put points on the board. I applaud and thank him for what he has done for this program.

Yes it is laughable…out of all the QBs from PNG - who has been the most successful in college at QB? Maybe compare the stats. :)

4 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Let's see here. 

Scott Bartlett - Son in 8th grade and son in 7th grade. 

Brandon Cropper - Son in 9th grade and son in 6th grade. 

Dustin Marsh - No kids in high school or even close to high school yet. 

Dallon James - Very young kids. 

Eric Sullivan - Has had sons play and be very successful for Faircloth. I am not sure how much his senior plays but I know Eric and he is not going to push for a coach to be fired because his son is not a kid getting the most playing time. 

Jake Lefort- His son is on varsity and is a senior and he plays. 

Lana Parker- Her youngest is over 40. I am sure she isn't riding the pine at PN-G. 

I personally know every person on the board except Dallon. Please don't pass along rumors that could be harmful when you have no idea if there is truth in them. 

Off topic - as I'm not a resident and couldn't have a valid opinion on topic even if i wanted to. I'm just shocked Coach LeFort's son is already a senior?! Well that makes me feel pretty old now, thanks. Coach Lefort in his early coaching days at Vidor helped shape me into the man I am today. He wasn't even my position coach, but he always had time to talk when I needed him. Good man. Will always have positive things to say about him.

PNG CAREER PASSING YARDAGE -PNGINDIANS.COM             

1. R. Johnson-2016-2018- 7,710.  30-8 record   2-1 vs. Nederland   

2. A. Morse-2013-2015- 6,298.   23-11 record  0-3 vs. Nederland

3. D. Long-1997-1998- 6,173       30-7 record   2-1 vs. Nederland 

4. B. Doty-2009-2010- 4,708      19-6 record   1-1  vs. Nederland

5 .B. Bost-2018-2020- 4,592      12-10 record  2-0 vs. Nederland

MOST CAREER TD PASSES

1. R. Johnson- 85

2. A. Morse- 70

3. D. Long- 56

4. B. Bost- 44

5. B. Doty- 43

No doubt all 5 guys were very good, including Morse. IMO after seeing all play, I would have a hard time not saying D. Long was the best PNG QB. Long probably would have had 10,000 yards passing & 100 TD'S in Faircloth offensive schemes😁. Long had solid college years at A&M\Sam Houston. Morse is putting up great stats at Henderson State. Doty went to Oregon but then decided to play basketball @ Lamar, Johnson is a rb at UT & Bost is #2 QB @ A&M.

5 minutes ago, KF89 said:

5 .B. Bost-2018-2020- 4,592      13-10 record  2-0 vs. Nederland

MOST CAREER TD PASSES

1. R. Johnson- 85

2. A. Morse- 70

3. D. Long- 56

4. B. Bost- 44

5. B. Doty- 43

No doubt all 5 guys were very good, including Morse. IMO after seeing all play, I would have a hard time not saying D. Long was the best PNG QB. Long probably would have had 10,000 yards passing & 100 TD'S in Faircloth offensive schemes😁

Why you picking on Nederland?  LOL!!     :)

Coach Brandon Faircloth hmm.

101 games as the Indians HC. More than an other coach in our history.

Right at 8 wins per season.

Some interesting stats for BF coached players..

5 of the top 12 rushers in PNG's 97 year history were produced by BF's offense.

He has produced 12 of the top 40 single season rushers in our 97 year history.

(Including the #9 all time best season ever starting right now in Koby Trahan)

Rushing touchdowns in a season 10 of the top 25 

(Including #12 starting now in Koby Trahan)

21 of the top 40 rushing yards single game.

( the 50 year old record held by Jeff The Jett Bergeron was broken this very season by Koby Trahan) He earned the 5a built Ford Tough Player of the Week for this feat.

Most touchdowns scored for a single game

28 of the top 40 in this category.

Receiving stats

Pass yards single game

35 of the top 47

Receptions per game

28 of the top 30

Touchdowns receptions in a game

9 of the top 10

Receptions in a season

22 of the top 35

Receiving yards in a season

12 of the top 17

Receiving touchdowns in a season

12 of the top 19

Passing stats

Career passing yards

4 of the top 5 including #1 and #2

Completions career

4 of the top 5 including #1 and #2

Touchdown passes career

4 of the top 5

Including #1 and #2

Passes completed in a game

35 of the top 37

Passing yards in a single game

57 of the top 65

Touchdown passes in a game

28 of the top 31

Passing yards in a season

12 of his 13 QBs are in the top 20

Completions in a season

12 of the top 15

Touchdowns in a season

12 of the top 20

Seasons stats

2 -10 win season

2- 11 win seasons

3 of the top four most points score in a single season.

a single losing season

12 playoff appearances out of 13 seasons.

3rd round of the playoffs 4 times

2nd round 7 of his 13 years

won 67% of his games

11 wins in the playoffs

A few of BF's accomplishments as the Indians coach. I know so many of you Indians fans on here want to see him go. I have been on these boards and others for 20 years on some. Every year disgruntled parents get on the board for either 1 or 2 seasons and then vanish. Those people are equally entitled to their opinions, but will be gone after their child graduates. Usually those are you detractors. Some others maybe but longtime Indians fans for the most part know the value that BF has brought to the Reservation. I am hoping this is just another of the childlike rumors that have been started through the years and hope that they aren't true. Coach has run a quality program putting more Indians into college than any coach in our history. 4 Saturdays ago we had the most Indians starting on a college Saturday than on any single day ever. Yes that is right EVER. Adam Morse is just finishing a season where he threw for 3400 Yards the 6th best yards in the entire nation. Morse had a total offense of 3685 yards also the 6th best in the nation. Adam had a completion % of 67% which was 6th best in the nation as well.  If they get a bowl game he may surpass Dustin Long as the most potent College QB is our history. We have players all over the country. We also have to look at BF as the athletic director. The 2017 Indians won more games across all sports than any other Indians graduating class in our history. The 2018 graduating won more playoff games than any other Indians graduating class ever. The baseball coach hired by BF won the first State Championship for PNG since the 1980's. Our athletic program has thrived as a whole across the board with Faircloth and Comeaux at the helm. Coach is a good coach, mentor, father, and cares about this community and the kids here. A couple of years ago we a kid who lived near me had some struggles in his personal life. After he graduated he told me that Coach Faircloth was like a father figure to him and that he would have never made it through high school without his leadership and the care he put into making sure this kid had the help he needed. Those are the type things coaches never get credit for or ask for it. I am not for BF leaving. If he does be careful what you ask for. Could it be better? Yes Could it be not so good? Even better chance........

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

5 .B. Bost-2018-2020- 4,592      12-10 record  2-0 vs. Nederland

MOST CAREER TD PASSES

1. R. Johnson- 85

2. A. Morse- 70

3. D. Long- 56

4. B. Bost- 44

5. B. Doty- 43

No doubt all 5 guys were very good, including Morse. IMO after seeing all play, I would have a hard time not saying D. Long was the best PNG QB. Long probably would have had 10,000 yards passing & 100 TD'S in Faircloth offensive schemes😁. Long had solid college years at A&M\Sam Houston. Morse is putting up great stats at Henderson State. Doty went to Oregon but then decided to play basketball @ Lamar, Johnson is a rb at UT & Bost is #2 QB @ A&M.

Adam started 2 years not 3. If you can recall Ky Walker was the starter for the 2013-2014 season. If Adam would've started his Sophomore year, he would undoubtably be at the top of every career list. When you compare how close his passing stats are to Johnson's it makes it even more incredible knowing he did it with one less season. I am not by any means downplaying Johnson, they are both very great quarterbacks. I just want to make sure Adam was getting the well earned respect he deserves. And for which I believe that he is the best Passing quarterback in PNG history.

23 minutes ago, Rockets00 said:

Adam started 2 years not 3. If you can recall Ky Walker was the starter for the 2013-2014 season. If Adam would've started his Sophomore year, he would undoubtably be at the top of every career list. When you compare how close his passing stats are to Johnson's it makes it even more incredible knowing he did it with one less season. I am not by any means downplaying Johnson, they are both very great quarterbacks. I just want to make sure Adam was getting the well earned respect he deserves. And for which I believe that he is the best Passing quarterback in PNG history.

Just going with the years listed on pngindians.com they were on varsity, I knew Ky Walker was starter most games in '13, was'nt sure if he missed games with injury for Morse to play.  I have no connection to any of the QB's or any disrespect to any. Just going on seeing each guy play & leading their teams in big games, I would take Long as the best passing QB.