Bellville vs Rusk

aTmfan06

4 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

If what you say is true I don’t think Bellville gives up 40 plus.

Center had a decent offense, but a horrible defense. I'd don't believe they could've stopped a JV team. So if Bellville has at least a decent defense, I don't see Rusk putting up 40+ either. Maybe not even 30+.

13 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

If what you say is true I don’t think Bellville gives up 40 plus.

By the way, I don't know if you misunderstood my earlier post, but I meant that was the final score between Rusk and Center, 48-45, not that I thought It would be the final score in this game.

4 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Then they wouldn’t have given up 40 plus though… I’m not saying they had a bad defense either BUT way better isn’t giving up 40 plus

Crawford said we won’t score 40 or maybe even 30 against a “decent” defense based on the Center game. Salado gave up 49 to us, 32 to Grandview, 48 to Stephenville and China Spring. Their other games were 0, 0, 6, 6, 7, 14 and 7. I don’t know how they rank on the scale but it’s probably better than decent. 
If y’all plan on holding us under 40 you better have a really good defense. I guarantee a “decent” defense won’t get it done. 

4 hours ago, RonStopable said:

Crawford said we won’t score 40 or maybe even 30 against a “decent” defense based on the Center game. Salado gave up 49 to us, 32 to Grandview, 48 to Stephenville and China Spring. Their other games were 0, 0, 6, 6, 7, 14 and 7. I don’t know how they rank on the scale but it’s probably better than decent. 
If y’all plan on holding us under 40 you better have a really good defense. I guarantee a “decent” defense won’t get it done. 

I thought we played pretty decent defensively the night we played.

🤐

21 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I thought we played pretty decent defensively the night we played.

🤐

Yes, y’all played above average defense that evening. I don’t guess I could call it great since we struggle against any decent defense. I guess Carthage’s defense is only average since we scored 14 against them. 

BTW it’s nice that you keep the big zero points scored game fresh in my memory. I would hate to forget it 🤮

5 hours ago, RonStopable said:

If Rusk has such a good offense, how did they only manage to out score Center "decent" offense by 3 points? They should've score another three tds against Center's sorry defense.

6 minutes ago, RonStopable said:

Yes, y’all played above average defense that evening. I don’t guess I could call it great since we struggle against any decent defense. I guess Carthage’s defense is only average since we scored 14 against them. 

BTW it’s nice that you keep the big zero points scored game fresh in my memory. I would hate to forget it 🤮

my man no harm meant and I am glad you didn't take it that way.

when in all reality, I am pulling for my district brothers. 

ya know, we beat yall but Rusk may actually have a better chance at going to round 3 than Jasper does.

11 hours ago, Crawford said:

Center had a decent offense, but a horrible defense. I'd don't believe they could've stopped a JV team. So if Bellville has at least a decent defense, I don't see Rusk putting up 40+ either. Maybe not even 30+.

I guess Rusk has a similar defense to Center? Though, Center does have the top QB in the district. 

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I guess Rusk has a similar defense to Center? Though, Center does have the top QB in the district. 

I wouldn't say Rusk has a bad defense like Center. In fact it's probably pretty "decent". Center probably had one of the worst defenses in 4A. That's why I'm saying Rusk should've out scored Center by more than just 3 pts. I'm guessing the Center game was a trap game for Rusk, but they still managed to survive and get the win.   

31 minutes ago, Crawford said:

If Rusk has such a good offense, how did they only manage to out score Center "decent" offense by 3 points? They should've score another three tds against Center's sorry defense.

If you score 49 points but only win by 3 it doesn’t seem like an offense problem. Win by 3 and only score 3 would be more of an issue. 

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

I wouldn't say Rusk has a bad defense like Center. In fact it's probably pretty "decent". Center probably had one of the worst defenses in 4A. That's why I'm saying Rusk should've out scored Center by more than just 3 pts. I'm guessing the Center game was a trap game for Rusk, but they still managed to survive and get the win.   

They definitely "survived to get the win". Where does Center offense rank? I am fairly certain they ran up and down the field for the entire game? If Rusk has a "decent defense" and Center "one of the worst in 4A", yet they both scored within 3 points of each other head to head it would seem Center must have a better offense. I suspect Center had more yards/points in the district than Rusk. Center Sophomore QB was the best in the district. All Center key skill positions were underclassmen. Will be interesting to see how the matchup goes in the next few years. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

They definitely "survived to get the win". Where does Center offense rank? I am fairly certain they ran up and down the field for the entire game? If Rusk has a "decent defense" and Center "one of the worst in 4A", yet they both scored within 3 points of each other head to head it would seem Center must have a better offense. I suspect Center had more yards/points in the district than Rusk. Center Sophomore QB was the best in the district. All Center key skill positions were underclassmen. Will be interesting to see how the matchup goes in the next few years. 

thru 10 games for each team(Rusk has actually payed 11 but I only used 10.

Rusk -PF(points for)  367

PA(points against)   249

Center- PF   287

PA      472   

12 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

my man no harm meant and I am glad you didn't take it that way.

when in all reality, I am pulling for my district brothers. 

ya know, we beat yall but Rusk may actually have a better chance at going to round 3 than Jasper does.

I will be pulling for y’all also. How cool would a rematch be in the Regional game? 
Both teams will definitely need their “A+” game this week for it to happen.