Bellville vs Rusk

aTmfan06

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Here is their record. 9-2

They score a lot of points but give up a lot.I don't know what offense they run.

Wins

Fairfield 33-12

Crockett 47-21

Palestine 21-18

Bullard 58-22

Brownsboro 55-41

Madisonville 31-28

Shepherd 54-20

Center 48-45

Salado 49-42

Losses

Jasper 7-0

Carthage 14-35

We run the spread. We probably throw it as much as Bellville runs it. Hopefully it will be an entertaining game. 

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Here is their record. 9-2

They score a lot of points but give up a lot.I don't know what offense they run.

Wins

Fairfield 33-12

Crockett 47-21

Palestine 21-18

Bullard 58-22

Brownsboro 55-41

Madisonville 31-28

Shepherd 54-20

Center 48-45

Salado 49-42

Losses

Jasper 7-0

Carthage 14-35

They have a very good QB, he has committed to Colorado. 
His dad QB in the NFL for 12 years. 
If Belleville is weak in the secondary they better have a pass rush or he will pick you apart. 
They have two very good receivers, one is his little brother. The little brother is really good on defense, he will hit you. 

8 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

when he wasn't running for his life against the DAWGS(Jasper) the young man made some nice throws. he has some big ole boys in front of him on the O-line but come 4th qtr they were wore out.

Yes, least athletic OL in the district. QB and WRs carry the team. Will be held 2-3 plays and torch you on the 3rd or 4th play. It is difficult to hold them four plays in a row, though teams like Jasper are better equipped to do so than others. 

9 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

when he wasn't running for his life against the DAWGS(Jasper) the young man made some nice throws. he has some big ole boys in front of him on the O-line but come 4th qtr they were wore out.

You are correct. It was a Chinese fire drill on the Oline the first three games of district. 
We’ve actually had to adjust our lineup. Our starting LFT tackle was out vs Jasper (out for the season) and we slid a guard to replace and the RT tackle to guard.  Three weeks ago we moved a dlineman over to off tackle and moved the RT tackle back outside. Now the only 300 pound kids are the two guards. Center and tackles are 250-270. It started paying off on Friday. We are moving tremendously better on the edges now. 

33 minutes ago, RonStopable said:

I may be wrong but I see us scoring more than 7. If we don’t they will definitely score more than 35. Bellville isn’t Jasper, if we keep giving the ball back they will score. 

I agree our defense may not be as good as Jasper. But I’d say it’s above average. Can’t wait for Friday 

I’ve now watched several Bellville games and our defense will need to take perfect angles and get to the ball before the Brahma’s get vertical. Really, really fast RB’s (most of y’all probably already knew that)

Bellville and Salado run the same offense with polar opposite styles. Against Salado our kids had to get to the ball carrier and hope help got there to get them to the ground. Against Bellville we will be hoping we can actually get to the ball carrier.

The good news is we have an opportunity to rest some on defense against Bellville. If 10 or 5 break out in the open field we can walk back to the sideline because we won’t catch them. 
Offensively we need to produce long, time consuming drives that result in touchdowns. If we can keep the ball away from their offense we’ve got a chance to win the game. If they get 8+ offensive series it will be a long night for my Eagles. 

Briggs is actually harder to bring down than you would think for his size. As far as what we will do vs the Rusk offense… idk our secondary is the weakest part of our defense and I don’t mean that they completely are bad when I say that, I just mean the best way to go about moving the ball is through the air. Our D line and linebackers will have to create some pressure or it’s gonna be a shootout IMO. 

7 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Probably our actual best defensive player is LB Tyler Fischbeck…. Good sized kid and is one of the 4 guys that ran at the state championships in the 4X100 relay for Bellville. Really good hands as well. You can probably guess who two of the other runners were lol

off topic for a moment.

30 years ago did you know that Jaspers 4×100 team set a world record(national record of course as well). First sub 40 second race 39.9 and it stood for about 10 years until a team from around Fort Worth beat it.

4 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

off topic for a moment.

30 years ago did you know that Jaspers 4×100 team set a world record(national record of course as well). First sub 40 second race 39.9 and it stood for about 10 years until a team from around Fort Worth beat it.

I didn’t know that but I definitely believe it

12 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

off topic for a moment.

Yep remember that.  Actually didn’t remember the school but knew southeast Texas.  

30 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

off topic for a moment.

I remember 37 years ago a Jasper DE named Marshall Land hit our QB so hard he bit through his mouth piece. He was a large human being.