Port neches - groves vs Montgomery!!!

lcm93

Ticket Info: 

Playoffs 2021 - Round 2 Game Information Area Championship: PNG vs. Montgomery

Date: Friday, November 19 Time: 7:30pm Location: Stallworth Stadium (see address below)

***PNG is the VISITING team. Stallworth Stadium 2102 E Archer Rd Baytown, TX 77521

Ticket Link: 

This is the hidden content, please
 Tickets go on sale at 5:00pm today - 11/15. Scroll down to "Goose Creek Memorial" and look for "Playoff Football".

Additional Ticket Information 1) All ticket sales are online; Tickets are not sold at the gate. 2) You can purchase tickets when you get to the game using your smartphone and scanning the QR code.

14 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Absurd, my view of them before and after Crosby is the same team with mid range athletes and a good coaching staff. 

Did you see what Crosby’s O-Line did to that defense? What Jones did to that defense. Jones is a good back, Crosby has a good O-line. 

Montgomery’s O-line and Running back are even better than Crosby’s. This is a mismatch and I hope the ndns pull this one out but I simply don’t see it. 

Don't forget their Defense has to stop our Offense as well...  Seems they have a hard time doing so and we are no 5th place team in District that just put up 45 on them.

1 minute ago, the weasel said:

Don't forget their Defense has to stop our Offense as well...  Seems they have a hard time doing so and we are no 5th place team in District that just put up 45 on them.

TBF my original comment was you need to score 90% of your drives to win. slight exaggeration but not far off. I can definitely see a shootout. 

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

PNG has some good memories of shootout at Stallworth they'll need a similar performance. 

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure 1-800-555-ROJO is disconnected right now. They're going to have to do something they usually only do once or twice a year and that's play above average defense. PNG should feel very comfortable in Stallworth, that's almost like a homefield advantage over Montgomery who I'm not sure has every played there? 

20 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure 1-800-555-ROJO is disconnected right now. They're going to have to do something they usually only do once or twice a year and that's play above average defense. PNG should feel very comfortable in Stallworth, that's almost like a homefield advantage over Montgomery who I'm not sure has every played there? 

1-888-KTRAHAN can assist as well as CropperPasser.com & ProsperieCatch.net  I will take what we have & let them PNG football boys play their best.😁🏈

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It's really 1-800-555-SHUG ext Riggs

I think PNG has a real shot at this if they don’t get star struck by that 11-0 record.  Two common opponents:

United - PNG by 4 and Mont by 4

Dayton - PNG by 7 and Mont by 25

If PNG LB’s can wrap up on Washington a few times.  Force a few punts (which I don’t see much punting in this game), they can pull the mild upset.  Either team will have to play mistake free ball.  Give either one a two turnover margin & I think you have a winner.  C’mon Indians, you got this.  Skin that Bear.

Montgomery gives up 25 points a game. But offense is very strong scoring 41 points a game.  PNG scores 39 points a game and give up 32 points a game. Lake Creek game did not mean anything to Montgomery they had already clinched district championship and it meant much more to Lake Creek being the cross town rivals, so you can throw that game out the door.

Turnovers will decide this game.  PNG must not throw interceptions & protect the football, at all times.  Montgomery will make you pay if you turnover the ball to them.  That said, the team that protects the ball will win. This should be an exciting game.  I am looking forward to some real cold football weather.🏈

On 11/16/2021 at 8:53 AM, Cougtalk said:

I think it would be a rather large upset. Not BH over FB Marshall big but i'd be willing to bet the line on this would be - 7 1/2 Montgomery. 

Just my opinion, but based on the few videos I watched I’m not in awe of Montgomery.  Yes they’re good, but I don’t see them as the juggernaut some do.  Should they win?  Sure, but I see it closer than most, and a timely turnover or two will give PNG enough edge to pull out the win.  Of course if the Indians feel benevolent & spit up the ball it could get ugly.  Should be a heckuva ball game, all things being equal.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:49 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

What I've noticed about PNG lately is that whatever you see in quarter one is usually what you're going to see in quarter four? Good thing about that this week is PNG is probably going to move the ball on Montgomery with relative ease. It's going to be about playing clean, finishing drives and getting three or four crucial stops on defense. NDNation already pointed out that Lake Creek dropped 45 on them a couple of weeks ago and they just beat a mediocre Nac team by 14 where I think PNG would've blown them out. Oddly enough this may be one of the few times where BF loading up the offense with the athletes may be more beneficial to PNG's chances of winning than spreading them out since there's not much chance of them stopping Montgomery anyway. 

Agreed. I’m not putting money on this one….. 

Well...after a full week to look at all angles.  I am going with strength of schedule between these two.  PNG has played in a Gauntlet of a District and all 4 are still standing.  I think there is a good chance all 4 are still standing after this week!  Going with my Indians who are peaking at the right time on both sides of the ball!  Indians on top and move on!!  Good luck to Crosby, BH and Texas City

Last time I talked to stattrax I told him what I thought about Dave Campbell picking us not to make the playoffs. He told me have you seen our team they are brutal, but yet here we are. It's anyone's game and Montgomery isn't a powerhouse. I don't judge how teams do against other teams. I don't care who scored what on who. If Crippen can eliminate the turnovers and throw dimes last week we have a shot. If Trahan has a huge game we got a shot. If we make some stops and create a turnover or two we got a shot. That's why we play the game. According to the Mecca aka Code red we don't have a shot. Let the doubters doubt and let the believers believe. I think we will have one hell of a ball game come Friday night.