Port neches - groves vs Montgomery!!!

lcm93

Don’t worry about the defensive statistics in this one, first team to 50 wins. PNG is going to be severely tested at the line of scrimmage this game. Jalen Washington is sitting just shy of 2,000 rushing yards and he has a solid o-line to run behind. PNG needs to play clean offensively and they’ll need to have their best tackling game of the season or those Montgomery backs will make it a slow and painful transition to basketball season. 

49 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Don’t worry about the defensive statistics in this one, first team to 50 wins. PNG is going to be severely tested at the line of scrimmage this game. Jalen Washington is sitting just shy of 2,000 rushing yards and he has a solid o-line to run behind. PNG needs to play clean offensively and they’ll need to have their best tackling game of the season or those Montgomery backs will make it a slow and painful transition to basketball season. 

Watch his HUDL highlights. Pretty good assessment above. If we play clean offensively we have a fighters chance. It’s apparent, the knock on our offense is being pressure and the QB struggles. I’m not sure how good defensively Montgomery is, but we will need a shootout to win. They have a pretty stout OLine and Washington can move. Just from what I watched, they do not appear to be a Crosby, so there is a fighting chance. I said going into the Crosby game we would get smoked, and we did. But I think if we have a good plan, we can pull the upset in this one. IMO, in the games we have lost, other than Crosby, we have made mental mistakes, pressure situations, we have crumbled. If we can get better QB play in those situations, we can make a game of it. Just my 2 cents. 

I don’t know about a high scoring game but United played both schools at their place lost to PNG 21-17 and Montgomery 23/19 in which a turnover cost them both games in the closing minute, I know some teams gets better during the season but I don’t see a 50 point score to win. The bears do have a fantastic running back and good defense, PNG surprise me with a good passing game. I will say 28-21 PNG, but if either decides to play no defense then sure a high scoring game  is very possible 

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

Montgomery is a solid team for sure ! They beat us (Dayton) 45/20 . They will keep the pressure on so you can't have to many turnovers like we did. With PNG passing game this should be a  good game and a winnable game also.  GO PNG !

No offense but I don’t think they are playing the same team. 

week 2 Montgomery hadn’t gained the confidence of winning their district. 

you have a team that thinks they can and should win. If they lock in this week that’s a team that could make the 4th round or further. 

I’ll be routing for the ndns but my brain and gut tell me it’s about to be basketball season in Neches and Groves.

20 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

you have a team that thinks they can and should win. If they lock in this week that’s a team that could make the 4th round or further. 

I’ll be routing for the ndns but my brain and gut tell me it’s about to be basketball season in Neches and Groves.

Its great experience for such a young Indians team. The youngest team in Faircloths era. 

34 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Dayton hung with them neck and neck the first half and it was also Daytons 2nd game. Dayton has some talented kids that would start on any team in the district! wait til all district team stats come out.  Anyway this is about PNG  not you down playing Dayton. No offense! Go PNG !

57 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Dayton hung with them neck and neck the first half and it was also Daytons 2nd game. Dayton has some talented kids that would start on any team in the district! wait til all district team stats come out.  Anyway this is about PNG  not you down playing Dayton. No offense! Go PNG !

No doubt they have stats, but if the stats don’t equate to victories then what good are they.

28 minutes ago, oldman said:

No doubt they have stats, but if the stats don’t equate to victories then what good are they.

Its not all about chest-beating victories, its also about individual performance. Scholarships don't care about team victories. Victories will come soon enough. We're getting there look at our play against BH and PNG it won't be long oldman .

18 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Watch his HUDL highlights. Pretty good assessment above. If we play clean offensively we have a fighters chance. It’s apparent, the knock on our offense is being pressure and the QB struggles. I’m not sure how good defensively Montgomery is, but we will need a shootout to win. They have a pretty stout OLine and Washington can move. Just from what I watched, they do not appear to be a Crosby, so there is a fighting chance. I said going into the Crosby game we would get smoked, and we did. But I think if we have a good plan, we can pull the upset in this one. IMO, in the games we have lost, other than Crosby, we have made mental mistakes, pressure situations, we have crumbled. If we can get better QB play in those situations, we can make a game of it. Just my 2 cents. 

If PNG had any kind of defense you could almost pick them in this game. Montgomery wants to hand it off 40+ times on you but if PNG can get plus performance from their front seven they might be in business. IMO though, that scheme PNG runs isn’t conducive to their personnel. It sets up perfectly for Washington to have a 35 for 275+ and 5td day. 

14 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Its not all about chest-beating victories, its also about individual performance. Scholarships don't care about team victories. Victories will come soon enough. We're getting there look at our play against BH and PNG it won't be long oldman .

Fair enough.  I myself like team players

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If PNG had any kind of defense you could almost pick them in this game. Montgomery wants to hand it off 40+ times on you but if PNG can get plus performance from their front seven they might be in business. IMO though, that scheme PNG runs isn’t conducive to their personnel. It sets up perfectly for Washington to have a 35 for 275+ and 5td day. 

I agree. 5 man front, safety in the box and try and stop the run. Man up and make them pass if we can stop the run.but as you said we are.more of a bend don’t break style, the issue is we break for 50 a game. It’s all about adjustments and scheme. If we can’t stop the run it will be a long night. Honestly we are going to need a great game. But it is possible. The only game I get like we did not have a chance was with Crosby. However that beat down might have given the coaches and kids some idea of what not to do. I do think our district was a little better than some believe. When you have a team like Crosby, it helps to see the truth. I think Crosby would put up a 50 burger on Montgomery, so there is some type of hope. If we can keep the RB under 200 yards and not turn the ball over, I give us a shot. In the end, I didn’t expect us to get in the playoffs, much less out of round 1. We have had a little luck on our side. Maybe that trend will keep going. 

9 hours ago, the weasel said:

Keep Underestimating Them....

Absurd, my view of them before and after Crosby is the same team with mid range athletes and a good coaching staff. 

Did you see what Crosby’s O-Line did to that defense? What Jones did to that defense. Jones is a good back, Crosby has a good O-line. 

Montgomery’s O-line and Running back are even better than Crosby’s. This is a mismatch and I hope the ndns pull this one out but I simply don’t see it. 

19 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I agree. 5 man front, safety in the box and try and stop the run. Man up and make them pass if we can stop the run.but as you said we are.more of a bend don’t break style, the issue is we break for 50 a game. It’s all about adjustments and scheme. If we can’t stop the run it will be a long night. Honestly we are going to need a great game. But it is possible. The only game I get like we did not have a chance was with Crosby. However that beat down might have given the coaches and kids some idea of what not to do. I do think our district was a little better than some believe. When you have a team like Crosby, it helps to see the truth. I think Crosby would put up a 50 burger on Montgomery, so there is some type of hope. If we can keep the RB under 200 yards and not turn the ball over, I give us a shot. In the end, I didn’t expect us to get in the playoffs, much less out of round 1. We have had a little luck on our side. Maybe that trend will keep going. 

What I've noticed about PNG lately is that whatever you see in quarter one is usually what you're going to see in quarter four? Good thing about that this week is PNG is probably going to move the ball on Montgomery with relative ease. It's going to be about playing clean, finishing drives and getting three or four crucial stops on defense. NDNation already pointed out that Lake Creek dropped 45 on them a couple of weeks ago and they just beat a mediocre Nac team by 14 where I think PNG would've blown them out. Oddly enough this may be one of the few times where BF loading up the offense with the athletes may be more beneficial to PNG's chances of winning than spreading them out since there's not much chance of them stopping Montgomery anyway.