Fort Bend Marshall 21 Barbers Hill 42/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

6 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH was down 21-6 and to come back and rattle off 36 points on FBM home field! Incredible! Hell when I got home I rewatched the second half just to see what happened 😂

Similar to Crosby. Y’all took a punch then settled down.

difference is Crosby said aight let’s go and we had the game of the year.

1 minute ago, Cougtalk said:

Similar to Crosby. Y’all took a lunch then settled down.

difference is Crosby said aight let’s go and we had the game of the year.

Difference really was IMO BH just fell apart in the Crosby game with 4:00 to go. Similar to the PAM game we’re we were tied 28-28 then lost 56-28 . Last night they kept it under control and kept their composure. Was really impressed with the composure last night this tells me they are growing as a team. 

also not sure what happened with Chris Marshall this year, but he was not a factor in the game last night. Still see he has attitude issues, but game play was nothing.

Congrats Coach Absek and The Eagles! This team is growing. Things are getting ironed out, just what you would expect. BH played smash mouth ball and FBM looked stunned. Like I said earlier, BH is capable. Yes, inconsistent but capable. 

Now in round 2 BH needs to focus on AMC, AMC, and nothing but AMC. 

Go Eagles!   

The Hill put themselves in the spotlight and gained our district some notoriety..lol

Texas High School Footballs Facebook page is lit up with the huge upset BH pulled off. FBM was expected to go to state. Lots of posts on how weak the Buffs district is or as one poster put it "The Screwed up click tour"..lol I love it!!!

38 minutes ago, NDNation said:

The Hill put themselves in the spotlight and gained our district some notoriety..lol

Texas High School Footballs Facebook page is lit up with the huge upset BH pulled off. FBM was expected to go to state. Lots of posts on how weak the Buffs district is or as one poster put it "The Screwed up click tour"..lol I love it!!!

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me you think that “Screwed Up Click tour” comment was as awesome as I did? I didn’t think many of our posters knew who that was? I don’t have a Facebook but that was definitely the post of the year in that group from what my cousin told me. 

That guy is right though. I wasn’t high on BH beating FBM until I saw the FBM vs Madison game. FBM won the game 56-0 but what I saw was a team prime for the picking. Think about it, BH just beat the #2 team in the state but was three points away from a catastrophic result against Dayton. PNG is an overtime loss away from finishing second over what turned out to be a 10-1 Texas City. The district makes our records suck but boy does it get us ready. 

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me you think that “Screwed Up Click tour” comment was as awesome as I did? I didn’t think many of our posters knew who that was? I don’t have a Facebook but that was definitely the post of the year in that group from what my cousin told me. 

That guy is right though. I wasn’t high on BH beating FBM until I saw the FBM vs Madison game. FBM won the game 56-0 but what I saw was a team prime for the picking. Think about it, BH just beat the #2 team in the state but was three points away from a catastrophic result against Dayton. PNG is an overtime loss away from finishing second over what turned out to be a 10-1 Texas City. The district makes our records suck but boy does it get us ready. 

What can I say, I'm a 50 yr old white girl who likes Hip Hop...lol

I read through all the posts and all the comments on that page. Our district hasn't gotten a lot of attention. Crosby coming into the district and making the run at state, BH with a 5-5 record upsetting the #2 and a complete sweep kind of made us the Cinderella district..lol And I've definitely gained a lot of insight on why HISD schools are less competitive than they use to be. Points of view from different areas and districts.

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

What can I say, I'm a 50 yr old white girl who likes Hip Hop...lol

I read through all the posts and all the comments on that page. Our district hasn't gotten a lot of attention. Crosby coming into the district and making the run at state, BH with a 5-5 record upsetting the #2 and a complete sweep kind of made us the Cinderella district..lol And I've definitely gained a lot of insight on why HISD schools are less competitive than they use to be. Points of view from different areas and districts.

Gotta love SETXsports! Good luck to your Indians, they’re in very good position to take another beatdown from my Cougars that first Saturday in December. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Gotta love SETXsports! Good luck to your Indians, they’re in very good position to take another beatdown from my Cougars that first Saturday in December. 

I like the idea of a Black Friday BH beat down better👍. I do hope we get by AMC though I think we give Crosby a much better game than they could.

13 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I like the idea of a Black Friday BH beat down better👍. I do hope we get by AMC though I think we give Crosby a much better game than they could.

One issue I see with the A&M-C matchup with BH is that they’re big one the lines of scrimmage and they’ve got a few fast guys at the offensive skill positions. Good reference game for PNG and BH to watch is the Consol. vs Montgomery game, see those fast Consol. kids I’m talking about and you can see Jalen Washington do work against the Tiger defense.  

Lee Fedora has a couple state titles himself so you know they’re well coached. Lol, you may see this same game in the 5A-D1 playoffs next year. 

53 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

One issue I see with the A&M-C matchup with BH is that they’re big one the lines of scrimmage and they’ve got a few fast guys at the offensive skill positions. Good reference game for PNG and BH to watch is the Consol. vs Montgomery game, see those fast Consol. kids I’m talking about and you can see Jalen Washington do work against the Tiger defense.  

Lee Fedora has a couple state titles himself so you know they’re well coached. Lol, you may see this same game in the 5A-D1 playoffs next year. 

Where did you watch the game

On 11/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, MrFleet23 said:

You answered your own question. Schedule some heat the first two games. At least let em feel some pressure.

lol, those games were so early in the season that it would have had little to nothing to do with how they played this game. They just got outplayed. If FB Marshall and Barbers Hill played again next week, I'd still pick Marshall. But on that night, BH was better.

22 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

lol, those games were so early in the season that it would have had little to nothing to do with how they played this game. They just got outplayed. If FB Marshall and Barbers Hill played again next week, I'd still pick Marshall. But on that night, BH was better.

I beg to differ and so does every other state caliber team. Aledo and Carthage are dominant in their Division and still try to schedule some tough teams pre district to get the kids some adversity. 

36 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

14.2, thinking back I remember you said that BH could possibly take out FBM due to the contrasting styles of play. That was a good call. You are one of the most football knowledgeable posters here. 

Hey don’t give 14.2 too much praise, don’t need him to get a big head!😊 Not only is he knowledgeable, but was a very, very good high school player. We should have done much better as a team with him his senior year. And he loves getting under your skin.

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

I think the answer is simple, really:  FB was out coached by BH.  My opinion!

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

FB Marshall got outplayed, out executed , out conditioned , ....THEY GOT WORE DOWN.   Watch the game on TexanLive.   BH controlled the game from midway 2nd Qtr until the end of the game.   BH punched them in the mouth and staggered them.  

Who you play early in the year and how tough a district your in is important heading into the PLAYOFFS.

1 hour ago, Coachbearoso said:

Hey don’t give 14.2 too much praise, don’t need him to get a big head!😊 Not only is he knowledgeable, but was a very, very good high school player. We should have done much better as a team with him his senior year. And he loves getting under your skin.

I hear you and I agree with all that but the last part. My skin is so thick its off the charts. No one, and I mean no one can get under my skin, no matter what they try.  My life is WAY too big and WAY too good for anyone, especially on any high school message board or any social media to rattle me. It does seem though that I really matter (round the clock) to some, even though that is never my intent, but that's on them, LOL. It really is all good.

BTW I am an ex collegiate athlete. Just sayin.    

17 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

14.2, thinking back I remember you said that BH could possibly take out FBM due to the contrasting styles of play. That was a good call. You are one of the most football knowledgeable posters here. 

Appreciate it. Whenever BH played Crosby a lot of BH posters wanted to point the big day Herndon had against us. Dropping back and throwing bombs isn't a sustainable offense against decent teams though, especially once it's on film. I was a lot more impressed with BH's o-line and their ability to create space for those 5 and 6 yards runs that were killing us from Holdren and Hagler and thought that would be repeatable against almost anybody on the schedule given BH's personnel this year. 

BH only scored 14 points in the second half but controlled the ball for most of it. Even when you don't score, making us stand there for extended periods of time is killer for offenses like FBM and Crosby who like to get out and run. It makes stuff like penalties and turnovers a heck of a lot more impactful than if we got into a shootout. 

On the film I had seen FBM didn't look as impressive as they did at the line of scrimmage as they usually do. Because of that I said "If I'm Abseck I run the ball a combined 40 times with Hagler and Holdren". Well, Abseck said "Hold my beer" and ran it FIFTY TIMES between the two. Herndon has one catch for 13 yards and BH plays their best game of the year, who would've thought? 

Good luck against Consol., BH will be looking in the mirror in this one. Hopefully y'all pull it out so we can re-match it. 

On 11/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, Coachbearoso said:

Guys like this who do 10X more than what is required in their job description is one of the reasons why I love THSF so f’n much. If y’all have seen my posts over the last decade you’ll easily get the sense that I cheer for the underdog for reasons a lot of the people on this board take for granted. 

The kids that go to BH and PNG will be fine regardless of how football works out for the most part. Well, that’s not the case for the kids at Vidor, PAM, BU and to a good extent Crosby. Coach Bear(as we called him at Crosby) was our DC when I was in high school and the guy directly responsible for getting people in the right positions and ultimately allowing them to maximize their potential and play at the next level, regardless of our overall team performance. 

I’m biased but two of my classmates who played for him and were in these type “football got me out” situations were Johnathan Bradley who was the reason I transferred to Texas A&M-Commerce after getting kicked out of South Dakota State and my cousin Stephen LaSalle who’s now the head freshman coach at North Shore. They’re both doing very well because of those degrees football got them that they probably wouldn’t have had otherwise. 

We sucked my senior year but Coach Bear put together what was probably the nastiest defense in the district and got multiple guys to college despite the record. He’ll never know how he’s appreciated at our beer drinking sessions where we get together and lie about what we did in high school but I’m here to tell him he is.🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾