Vidor 20 Tyler Chapel Hill 25/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, Unwoke said:

I find it amusing that for as long as I can remember you’ve been on this forum trashing the slot - t offense calling it a dinosaur offense. Then when that offense drops 60 on your team you change your tune and excuses. I believe Vidors unathletic  kids are 2 and 2 when playing Crosby but I digress. The Vidor Coaches are waiting for your blueprint for Offensive success.

Yeah, but the guy you just lost to is 3-0 against it, including 2-0 at Crosby. He just beat you with a lot less talented team than he’ll have next year.  Vidor has never put 60 on Crosby with that offense and has had four tries, what does that tell you in comparison to your talent level vs LH who’s had one opportunity? 

The blueprint is to get kids like Calallen or SA Wagner has at the line of scrimmage so you could at least lose in the semifinals. Otherwise, you revisit things like I said in my earlier post. 

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The defense has been very solid for several seasons consecutively. Now the offense has been very underwhelming in recent history. This year was better than last season but kind of stalled at the end when we lost our best backs. Too predictable? Yea probably. Don’t pass enough? Yea probably. Crazy that they surprised everyone and threw the ball on every down on the last drive of the season and we were all like wtf… Why didn’t we run it? How do you address the problems above, well there are plenty of Vidor fans calling for changes and some made it crystal clear what they want in this very thread.

I am still baffled on that last possession 1st down on our own 25 with 1:47 to go an we throw 4 straight times. Lol Oh well ….it is what it is. 

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but the guy you just lost to is 3-0 against it, including 2-0 at Crosby. He just beat you with a lot less talented team than he’ll have next year.  Vidor has never put 60 on Crosby with that offense and has had four tries, what does that tell you in comparison to your talent level vs LH who’s had one opportunity? 

The blueprint is to get kids like Calallen or SA Wagner has at the line of scrimmage so you could at least lose in the semifinals. Otherwise, you revisit things like I said in my earlier post. 

So the coaches at Vidor need to recruit better? …… boy that sounds like some solid advice. Lol . I am sure if you call them an tell them that they’ll get right on it. Thanks for the humor 14.2 . Good luck to your Coogs the rest of the way.

This season was such a fun ride and see the Pirates have so much success especially with it being my nephews last season. It was definitely a tough loss Friday, and som of the play calling at the end of the game, I'll never understand. But it is what it is, and a reason why I'm not a coach! lol and I'll never make excuses for what could have been. Great season Pirates, can't wait til next year!

4 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

This season was such a fun ride and see the Pirates have so much success especially with it being my nephews last season. It was definitely a tough loss Friday, and som of the play calling at the end of the game, I'll never understand. But it is what it is, and a reason why I'm not a coach! lol and I'll never make excuses for what could have been. Great season Pirates, can't wait til next year!

Hey man I got a jersey for him. We can suit him out Friday night. He’s heck of a football player!!!

3 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Hey man I got a jersey for him. We can suit him out Friday night. He’s heck of a football player!!!

I truly appreciate that man, he left it all on the field after every game!

But let's suit him up in the green and gold, his new name could be Yordan Schmidt and he's got platinum blonde hair right now, they'll never know.🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I truly appreciate that man, he left it all on the field after every game!

But let's suit him up in the green and gold, his new name could be Yordan Schmidt and he's got platinum blonde hair right now, they'll never know.🤣🤣

Just have to get a Jv player name and we just moved him up lol

Man-O-Man do I love all the coaches on the forum.

Injuries (yes, I know part of the game) and losing their HC hours before kickoff was a losing combination for the Pirates Friday night.  Coach Mathews does not suit up and play BUT those young men respond to him like no other.  He's their biggest fan, motivator, and the man that leads them into battle....so losing a head coach like him is tough for a bunch of young men that look up to him and turn to him with things get tough.

To them men, women, has-beens and never-was to question the playing calling and thinking of Vidors coaches...all I have to say to you is....what play calling, head coaching experience do you have?? And to please submit your resume for a Head Coaching position at any school.

As much emphasis as people put on winning and losing...football is about more.  Its about discipline, building character, relationships that will last a lifetime, and maybe most importantly its about accountability.   

To the players....Men hold your head up high, be proud, keep moving forward, and always stay in the fight.  This season is NOT a failure by any means. You should be proud of what you have accomplished! 

6 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

There's a good chance that series might have been called differently if the HC had been there.

Your probably right. Hope that he’s doing well. Man talk about bad timing for an illness to hit you. It was probably heart breaking for him not to be there for his boys. 

On 11/15/2021 at 8:01 AM, PirateNole984 said:

Man-O-Man do I love all the coaches on the forum.

Injuries (yes, I know part of the game) and losing their HC hours before kickoff was a losing combination for the Pirates Friday night.  Coach Mathews does not suit up and play BUT those young men respond to him like no other.  He's their biggest fan, motivator, and the man that leads them into battle....so losing a head coach like him is tough for a bunch of young men that look up to him and turn to him with things get tough.

To them men, women, has-beens and never-was to question the playing calling and thinking of Vidors coaches...all I have to say to you is....what play calling, head coaching experience do you have?? And to please submit your resume for a Head Coaching position at any school.

As much emphasis as people put on winning and losing...football is about more.  Its about discipline, building character, relationships that will last a lifetime, and maybe most importantly its about accountability.   

To the players....Men hold your head up high, be proud, keep moving forward, and always stay in the fight.  This season is NOT a failure by any means. You should be proud of what you have accomplished! 

The play calling  did suck. Just sayin'

10 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The play calling  did suck. Just sayin'

You could of and would of done a better job at play calling...right?!? Maybe missing 2 starting RB's and a 3rd starting RB that was hobbled all night had something to do with the play calling...nah?!? Adding to the RB situation, an offensive line went down in the 3rd qtr. Again, you could of and would of done a better job at playing calling. 

What is your coaching, head coaching experience? What is your play calling experience?  

24 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

You could of and would of done a better job at play calling...right?!? Maybe missing 2 starting RB's and a 3rd starting RB that was hobbled all night had something to do with the play calling...nah?!? Again, you could of and would of done a better job at playing calling. 

What is your coaching, head coaching experience? What is your play calling experience?  

The universal answer to all losses, regardless of sport or situation, it's the coaches fault.

smh

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

You could of and would of done a better job at play calling...right?!? Maybe missing 2 starting RB's and a 3rd starting RB that was hobbled all night had something to do with the play calling...nah?!? Adding to the RB situation, an offensive line went down in the 3rd qtr. Again, you could of and would of done a better job at playing calling. 

Pirates we're able to move the ball all second half via the ground game. Burning 3 TO's and the last one with 3 minutes in the game when CH was punting on 4th down at THAT! Also throwing it 4 straight times deep in CH territory, that's something Mathews would have never done. But cmon man.. we could use the injury crutch all we want - but turds roll down hill, play calling was a bigger issue than injuries last Friday.

2 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Pirates we're able to move the ball all second half via the ground game. Burning 3 TO's and the last on with 3 minutes in the game and throwing it 4 straight times deep in CH territory, cmon man.. we could use the injury crutch all we want but turds roll down hill.

I ask the same to you...What experience do you have calling plays and or coaching at the varsity level and beyond?  So much comes into factor when you have backups in the game and running a 2 min offense.  Yes, Vidor moved the ball much better in the 2nd half but when it came down to crunch time...less than 2 min. and no timeouts the offensive coordinator and whoever was acting head coach made the decision to throw the ball.  Is that because of injuries, not having faith that the personnel in the game would know what to do in those situations, or could it have been that the coaches know the players better than you, me and anyone else???

14 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

I ask the same to you...What experience do you have calling plays and or coaching at the varsity level and beyond?  So much comes into factor when you have backups in the game and running a 2 min offense.  Yes, Vidor moved the ball much better in the 2nd half but when it came down to crunch time...less than 2 min. and no timeouts the offensive coordinator and whoever was acting head coach made the decision to throw the ball.  Is that because of injuries, not having faith that the personnel in the game would know what to do in those situations, or could it have been that the coaches know the players better than you, me and anyone else???

How much coaching experience do you need to know the personnel for an XP attempt or for clock management?🤔 Backups and "no faith" in th personnel is a lame duck excuse, cause if injuries and personnel we're a huge problem, we would've lost to Lumberton as well.

• Bigdog locked this topic