Vidor 20 Tyler Chapel Hill 25/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

There was talk from District 9 folks of a sweep.  I felt the Bears would win & Vidor was 50-50.  And although Ltown & Huffman didn’t win, they kept it pretty close for much of the game.  I thought Dist 10 teams represented well.  Again, easily the best four we’ve sent forward in maybe forever.  And next year should be even better.  Two teams with new Coaches, Ltown & LCM.  Ltown young.  Vidor with two undefeated JV teams.  Huffman always competitive.  I’ll say right now, those four will be in the playoffs next year.  Sweep?  How about a Dist 10 sweep in the 2022 season.

9 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Still flabbergasted by this one, gonna take a little while to get over what could have been. All of your best players on offense are your runners, even the QB is at his best when running the ball. You’ve got to put the ball in #1 #26 or #2 hands as a runner in the crucial moments at the end of the game. Live and die with what got you there, asking the QB to execute through the air wasn’t smart. You're putting it all on his shoulders, literally. Not one of those pass plays were even close to working, 1st down covered incomplete, 2nd down sacked, 3rd down low pass incomplete flag illegal man downfield, 4th down overthrown intercepted. None of your best players touched the ball in a meaningful way on the final series in your last drive of the season. Ah well on to next year I guess, just had to let that final complaint go unheard lol. It was a blast doing some play by play on here for you guys and following this special team this season. I only wish it could have lasted a couple more weeks.

One last time BB (I don’t want you to get the Big Head), you did a fantastic  job of posting the play by play.  Even the few times I watched the game on my iPad, when something extraordinary happened that I didn’t see or understand, I’d get my iPhone and check out your comments for an explanation.  Hope we get to do it again next year.  Btw, I saw an ad for The Thumbulator, a device to exercise those two appendages.  Hope you get one to prepare for next season.  😂☠️😂☠️😂

36 minutes ago, Hagar said:

There was talk from District 9 folks of a sweep.  I felt the Bears would win & Vidor was 50-50.  And although Ltown & Huffman didn’t win, they kept it pretty close for much of the game.  I thought Dist 10 teams represented well.  Again, easily the best four we’ve sent forward in maybe forever.  And next year should be even better.  Two teams with new Coaches, Ltown & LCM.  Ltown young.  Vidor with two undefeated JV teams.  Huffman always competitive.  I’ll say right now, those four will be in the playoffs next year.  Sweep?  How about a Dist 10 sweep in the 2022 season.

Yep. I was thinking 2-2 and hoping for 3-1. We have got to spend the off-season in the weight room! Lindale’s line play had our D-Line into our LB’s all night. Now it didn’t help any having the injuries we have and this week losing our starting safety, but excuses aside it wouldn’t have mattered when the LOS gets moved 3-4yds every play. Haven’t seen any of the Vidor or LCM game yet, but the difference is @ the LOS. You don’t notice the size on the film as you do in person. Off season, off-season, off-season! 

46 minutes ago, Hagar said:

One last time BB (I don’t want you to get the Big Head), you did a fantastic  job of posting the play by play.  Even the few times I watched the game on my iPad, when something extraordinary happened that I didn’t see or understand, I’d get my iPhone and check out your comments for an explanation.  Hope we get to do it again next year.  Btw, I saw an ad for The Thumbulator, a device to exercise those two appendages.  Hope you get one to prepare for next season.  😂☠️😂☠️😂

Thumbulator… I’ll have to check into that, keep these babies in tip top shape before the arthritis kicks in. Probably call a few basketball games, that’ll keep the thumbs in motion. Might even challenge any takers to a thumb war here and there. Hitchhike to and from the games, never been scared to thumb a ride. Video games maybe… nah ain’t ever going back to that. Anyways thanks for the thumbs up, I really appreciate it. Good to know some people aren’t thumbing their nose at my posting or giving it the old dislike button. 👎

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Thumbulator… I’ll have to check into that, keep these babies in tip top shape before the arthritis kicks in. Probably call a few basketball games, that’ll keep the thumbs in motion. Might even challenge any takers to a thumb war here and there. Hitchhike to and from the game, never been scared to thumb a ride. Video games maybe… nah ain’t ever going back to that. Anyways thanks for the thumbs up, I really appreciate it. Good to know some people aren’t thumbing their nose at my posting or giving it the old dislike button. 👎

Lmbo, get outta Dodge.  😂😂😂🤣☠️👽😂😂

10 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lmbo, get outta Dodge.  😂😂😂🤣☠️👽😂😂

Hey if I can update a game from watching it on Texan Live then anything is possible. It takes patience to type play by play in between all the buffering and freeze frames. Sometimes you gotta use your imagination lol you get half the play and guess how it ended but at least they show replays on there.

11 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Going to be a good one for sure, now I see why he ran off the other QB and put that kid in.

12 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Still flabbergasted by this one, gonna take a little while to get over what could have been. All of your best players on offense are your runners, even the QB is at his best when running the ball. You’ve got to put the ball in #1 #26 or #2 hands as a runner in the crucial moments at the end of the game. Live and die with what got you there, asking the QB to execute through the air wasn’t smart. You're putting it all on his shoulders, literally. Not one of those pass plays were even close to working, 1st down covered incomplete, 2nd down sacked, 3rd down low pass incomplete flag illegal man downfield, 4th down overthrown intercepted. None of your best players touched the ball in a meaningful way on the final series in your last drive of the season. Ah well on to next year I guess, just had to let that final complaint go unheard lol. It was a blast doing some play by play on here for you guys and following this special team this season. I only wish it could have lasted a couple more weeks.

I'm right there with you BB, this one is gonna take a while......

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Just FYI.  I found this interesting.  The kid they put in front of Jordan Smith, #66, is listed at 5’10” at 417 pounds.   😂🤣😂.   Jordan ate his lunch.  😂☠️😂

Didn’t eat all of his lunch.  C Hill got the win.   Forgot to clean his plate!!

13 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Hey if I can update a game from watching it on Texan Live then anything is possible. It takes patience to type play by play in between all the buffering and freeze frames. Sometimes you gotta use your imagination lol you get half the play and guess how it ended but at least they show replays on there.

have you tried using the mic on your device? you talk it types. 

43 minutes ago, Reagan said:

As long as nothing changes in Vidor -- nothing will change in Vidor! 

They won the district championship and lost by one score to an explosive team without their head coach on the sideline due to a medical emergency three hours before kick off… but hey… I’m sure you’d make a great HC

9 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

have you tried using the mic on your device? you talk it types. 

Yea but what would I do with my thumbs… is suppose I could twiddle them. No but in all seriousness if I’m going to talk into a mic, I have thought about getting into broadcasting. There are opportunities out there for high school football games, just don’t know if I got the chops for it.

Good season Vidor, can’t call it great because no matter the Pirates history when you play from the 1-hole you need to win your playoff game, period. 

Injuries suck, but they’re a part of the game and if you’re going to run that type of offense then those rb injuries are going to be waaaayyyy more impactful than the will be for other teams. 

I’m sure one of your Pirate fans can correct me on the particulars but I’ve been on here since 2011 and I don’t remember Vidor having a defense as stiff as they did this year in a decade? I don’t care what your history says, you hold Jeff Riordan and those level athletes to 25 points you’re supposed to win the game, period. 

Much like when Liberty Hill won their state titles, Vidor is the big boy on the block now. Weeks ago I talked about Vidor at the line of scrimmage and if you go back and look at the two long runs CH’s qb made, that’s where Vidor lost it.

Even when the Pirates were bad in 5A they had better offenses than the one they do now on the regular. If you can’t drop down a class and consistently put 35+ on hood competition then it may be time to revisit what you have going? Y’all aren’t the little kids trying to make up for a talent deficiency anymore. 

38 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Good season Vidor, can’t call it great because no matter the Pirates history when you play from the 1-hole you need to win your playoff game, period. 

Injuries suck, but they’re a part of the game and if you’re going to run that type of offense then those rb injuries are going to be waaaayyyy more impactful than the will be for other teams. 

I’m sure one of your Pirate fans can correct me on the particulars but I’ve been on here since 2011 and I don’t remember Vidor having a defense as stiff as they did this year in a decade? I don’t care what your history says, you hold Jeff Riordan and those level athletes to 25 points you’re supposed to win the game, period. 

Much like when Liberty Hill won their state titles, Vidor is the big boy on the block now. Weeks ago I talked about Vidor at the line of scrimmage and if you go back and look at the two long runs CH’s qb made, that’s where Vidor lost it.

Even when the Pirates were bad in 5A they had better offenses than the one they do now on the regular. If you can’t drop down a class and consistently put 35+ on hood competition then it may be time to revisit what you have going? Y’all aren’t the little kids trying to make up for a talent deficiency anymore. 

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Liberty Hill who runs the slot-t offense drop 60 on yall last year in the State Semi Finals?  They fumbled the ball at the goal line going for 2 an y’all escaped with a victory to go to the State Championship. Vidor has had a stiff defense the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Liberty Hill who runs the slot-t offense drop 60 on yall last year in the State Semi Finals?  They fumbled the ball at the goal line going for 2 an y’all escaped with a victory to go to the State Championship. Vidor has had a stiff defense the last few years. 

They absolutely did. Now turn on the film and look at LH on the offensive and defensive line. They’re completely different in their class vs what Vidor is in theirs, not to mention the level of athlete they have at other positions. LH gained about 400 kids this past realignment cycle, they’re going to be close to a 6A school playing in 5A-D2 the next two years. They’re not anything like Vidor’s situation. 

11 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I hmm…I think that’s exactly what he said. If your going to run that type of offense, you’ve got to be able to put points up like Liberty Hill did…..

10 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I hmm…I think that’s exactly what he said. If your going to run that type of offense, you’ve got to be able to put points up like Liberty Hill did…..

Sorry but I disagree. If you run that type of offense you typically don’t put up those kind of points against a good defensive team. That offense eats up too much clock. On a occasion you can put up 50 plus points against weak defenses. Since he came on this thread with his criticisms I would love to see the blue print for offensive success for the Vidor program. Please be specific that way if any of the Vidor coaches are following this thread they’ll know what to do. 

37 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They absolutely did. Now turn on the film and look at LH on the offensive and defensive line. They’re completely different in their class vs what Vidor is in theirs, not to mention the level of athlete they have at other positions. LH gained about 400 kids this past realignment cycle, they’re going to be close to a 6A school playing in 5A-D2 the next two years. They’re not anything like Vidor’s situation. 

I find it amusing that for as long as I can remember you’ve been on this forum trashing the slot - t offense calling it a dinosaur offense. Then when that offense drops 60 in the State Semi Finals on your team you change your tune and excuses. I believe Vidors unathletic  kids are 2 and 2 when playing Crosby but I digress. The Vidor Coaches are waiting for your blueprint for Offensive success.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The defense has been very solid for several seasons consecutively. Now the offense has been either underwhelming or inconsistent in recent history. This year was better than last season but kind of stalled at the end when we lost our best backs. Too predictable? Yea probably. Don’t pass enough? Yea probably. Crazy that they surprised everyone and threw the ball on every down on the last drive of the season and we were all like wtf… Why didn’t we run it? How do you address the problems above? Well there are plenty of Vidor fans calling for changes and some have made it crystal clear what they want in this very thread.

• Bigdog locked this topic