Vidor 20 Tyler Chapel Hill 25/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

With 2 minutes left at the 25 you’ve got to run the ball a couple of times to set up 3rd and short. If you happen to get a first down it’s stops the clock and you spike the ball. Anything but pass, pass, pass, pass… it’s Vidor we don’t pass it well enough for that to work out favorably. We needed to kill some of that clock anyways, you don’t want to score too quickly and give the ball back to CH with any time left.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Vidor 20 Tyler Chapel Hill 25/FINAL
2 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Boys played hard till the end just fell short. Proud of these Pirates. 

On another note I have no ideal why they didn’t keep running the ball when they had a 1st down on there own 25. There defense was tired at that point.

Exactly, could have ran on them. Their defense was gasping and could have kept pounding 

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

Thinking back all that confusion on the extra points and burned timeouts really cost us and likely caused the coaches to panic a little bit at the end of the game With no way to stop the clock, we got pass happy. Yes you read that right, the Vidor Pirates got pass happy and it cost them the game.

I truly believe thatn the HC being gone had a lot to do with all that. 

4 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

I truly believe thatn the HC being gone had a lot to do with all that. 

Out of likes but yes I agree. Coach would have made sure the kicking team was ready for the extra point tries and he would have had some input on what to do at the end of the game. Run the dang ball and we win that game in my opinion, plenty of time to punch it in. We have a hurry up run offense that has worked pretty well all season.

1 minute ago, astros4141078 said:

That offensive coordinator needs to turn his shit in and just quit if I was a parent of a senior I would be livid I can promise you if Jeff was there that don't happen feel so bad for those boys. That makes me sick to my stomach

Coach Alvin Credeur needs to go! It is time for a fresh new start! Period.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Out of likes but yes I agree. Coach would have made sure the kicking team was ready for the extra point tries and he would have had some input on what to do at the end of the game. Run the dang ball and we win that game in my opinion.

Yep , it’s a d**n shame for the boys and for Jeff

7 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Got stick to what got you there. They let them off the hook in that situation. 1:47 left to get 25 yards, There defense was tired.

Yep just run it 2-3 times to get a first down, clock stops to move the chains. Come to the line and spike it to kill the clock. Now you’re inside the 15 yard line and have maybe 40-50 seconds with 3 plays left to score. More than likely one of those run plays breaks and you score. Pass should have never been in the conversation unless you’re facing 3rd or 4th and long.

• Bigdog locked this topic