West Orange Stark Mustangs vs Jasper Bulldogs

wo-s#1

9 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Yeah. I think we completed some passes.Unheard of.lol

To be fair Bellville has earned that swag.Earlyer in the year I thought our chances against Bellville were slim but now I'm leaning toward 50/50.Stay tuned. 

Yep, maybe a little confidence is all the kid needed. He's shown flashes of being capable here and there.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:48 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Let’s get it on!!

Jasper has a very good defense, maybe as good or better than WOS. 
But their offense is terrible. When they played Carthage, we kept saying, how could a team have one of the top defenses in 4A DII and have one of the worst offenses. 
WOS should be the favorite but I think it will be a low scoring game. 

2 hours ago, Horton said:

But their offense is terrible. When they played Carthage, we kept saying, how could a team have one of the top defenses in 4A DII and have one of the worst offenses. 

Agreed. A 14-7 game wouldn't surprise me at all. Our offense has played better lately, but it's gonna be tough sledding. 

3 hours ago, Horton said:

Horton, our defensive success this season is because of our first year defensive coordinator Malcolm Bronson. He is a Jasper alum who is/was a helluva athlete himself. He had a VERY GOOD college career at Mcneese State resulting in his going to the NFL. Two years with KC then two years with Chicago (he also was drafted by the KC Royals baseball coming out of highschool in 2008).

Not taking at all from the young men we have on defense at all. they are athletic and give it their all on every play.  I am sure other Jasper fans would agree that it's not as chaotic and confused at times on what's going on. 

We have been doing somewhat better on offense lately and I like to think we have improved on the execution of whatever type of offense it's called. Maybe a new type called RANDOM is appropriate, with each week being a mystery for Jasper fans. LOL.  But I also keep in mind the defenses we have played.

take care and the I wish yall the best the rest of the way.

I'm very curious to see how many long drives WO-S can put together against the Jasper D. I really don't care about the short field as I'm sure they will score at least 2 tds. If WO-S can consistently drive down field on the Jasper D, the Carthage game (if it happens, just got even more interesting)

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

I'm very curious to see how many long drives WO-S can put together against the Jasper D. I really don't care about the short field as I'm sure they will score at least 2 tds. If WO-S can consistently drive down field on the Jasper D, the Carthage game (if it happens, just got even more interesting)

Good point.  Seems like WO-S has had a lot of short fields due to special teams, turnovers and such.  Going 75 yards against Jaspers defense is a different animal. And don't talk Carthage yet, we're talking different planet. Should be interesting this week tho.

1 hour ago, Majestyk said:

Good point.  Seems like WO-S has had a lot of short fields due to special teams, turnovers and such.  Going 75 yards against Jaspers defense is a different animal. And don't talk Carthage yet, we're talking different planet. Should be interesting this week tho.

My thoughts exactly.Can't remember the last time we have had to sustain a drive deep inside our on territory.Carthage is two games away.One at a time.If we do get past Jasper Bellville should be waiting on us and that my friends will be a task in itself.From here on out one at a time.

34 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

My thoughts exactly.Can't remember the last time we have had to sustain a drive deep inside our on territory.Carthage is two games away.One at a time.If we do get past Jasper Bellville should be waiting on us and that my friends will be a task in itself.From here on out one at a time.

Yes and there's Bellville who could win this region and raise an eyebrow or two but it definitely wouldn't be a shocker, not to me anyway.

3 hours ago, Majestyk said:

I'm always looking forward. As long as our boys are not, I'm good lol. Been waiting on this showdown for years. I don't count the last game. WAY too windy. 

3 hours ago, Majestyk said:

If WOS continues to get a short field that just means the defense is play great. So I’m will be happy if we always have a short field 

39 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I'm always looking forward. As long as our boys are not, I'm good lol. Been waiting on this showdown for years. I don't count the last game. WAY too windy. 

Yes the game we got our first dose of Surratt.  4th and 12 from like their own 18, and early. He goes for it and makes it, like he's saying "bring it".  Windy, yes  but the cold was worse.  On the way home I saw a dog stuck to a fire hydrant.  Lost to the state champions that night.

34 minutes ago, TxStBobcatDad said:

If WOS continues to get a short field that just means the defense is play great. So I’m will be happy if we always have a short field 

I agree their defense is pretty stingy. For the most part it was that the other teams just couldn't execute and the caliber of teams we have played. 

2 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Yes the game we got our first dose of Surratt.  4th and 12 from like their own 18, and early. He goes for it and makes it, like he's saying "bring it".  Windy, yes  but the cold was worse.  On the way home I saw a dog stuck to a fire hydrant.  Lost to the state champions that night.

LOL and he still doesn't punt. Very seldom if/ when he does.

what that does though is show his players he trust them to get it done.

Fortune favors the BOLD.