Barbers Hill vs FB Marshall

Cougar14.2

1 hour ago, Lucerostar said:

Interested to see how BH does in this game. 

Welcome to the board! And we are too😀I guess you have been following Abseck since his move. It hasn’t been a great 1st year , but making the playoffs is better than not.looking forward to what he does here at BH

2 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

What's the word on Chris Marshall?

Man, one of these recruiting insiders would probably pay you a pretty penny for the answer to that. IDK but my theory is that if it was an injury you probably announce it? I think Coach Williams is like Coach Kay in the sense that he knows he’s dealing with a few more situations than most coaches so he would do a kid a solid and just keep it internal if it’s disciplinary.

Remember Evans was suspended the first game or two of his senior year and unless you followed them you wouldn’t have really noticed. Problem was that one of those games was Katy and everybody noticed, especially when they lost. Never heard a word about the reason or anything from Coach Kay though, even when he suspended him again for the state championship game.

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, one of these recruiting insiders would probably pay you a pretty penny for the answer to that. IDK but my theory is that if it was an injury you probably announce it? I think Coach Williams is like Coach Kay in the sense that he knows he’s dealing with a few more situations than most coaches so he would do a kid a solid and just keep it internal if it’s disciplinary.

Remember Evans was suspended the first game or two of his senior year and unless you followed them you wouldn’t have really noticed. Problem was that one of those games was Katy and everybody noticed, especially when they lost. Never heard a word about the reason or anything from Coach Kay though, even when he suspended him again for the state championship game.

Same thing happened to Spencer Rattler no one ever found out what that was about.  I heard rumors of a discipline problem some said he wouldn't even play football this year. From his Twitter page it seems like he playing tonight 

FBM needs to line up some quality opponents in non district.  Barbers Hill, Nederland, Port Neches, Texas City, Crosby would definitely be undefeated if they played their cake schedule.  I know they are good, very good.  If Barbers Hill can punch them in the mouth early, They definitely have a shot.  FBM has faced no adversity.  They have faced no challenge.  I could see them becoming easily discouraged if BH resists.   I see FBM winning by 14 to 21.  

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It could be academic eligibility given the coach not being able to say anything about it. 

his stop of play coincides with FBISD academic 6 week period, and hasn’t played since. 

12 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

The FBM head coach said 13. Maybe they just played and did not all start. But I got the impression that a lot of them did. 

Yea that might have been 13 sophomores saw a single play on the field the whole season. Which makes sense given they blow out all the HISD schools in their district. 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, #COUGAR08 said:

The scientists will jump on here and talk on all the negative points that were pointed above because, well... that's just the way they guy/gal works.   

I give the hill hell throughout the season but come playoff time ( unlike the scientist )

I never knew I was that important to you. I am flattered. I also didn't know you are so juvenile that you tried to use "gal" to describe me. That's almost as good as "ant mound" being turned into "aunt mound" by some other 12 year old on here. Do you stick your tongue out at your computer screen when you read posts here? I guess you must be about 9 or 10? Or maybe the "08" means you're 8 years old? When is your birthday, little guy?    

16 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Welcome to the board! And we are too😀I guess you have been following Abseck since his move. It hasn’t been a great 1st year , but making the playoffs is better than not.looking forward to what he does here at BH

Thank you!

I don't think it has been a bad year given he walked into your fieldhouse in July, without a spring and had to implement an entirely new program in a month. With that said y'all put more on Crosby than any other team including the ones that beat Crosby. That is no jab at Crosby, they are going to go deep in the playoffs but it gives you a glimpse into the potential for BH. If you all think you were going to State the first year he started, that was a fantasy at best. It takes years to get a program going and to get the community all bought in.

I see a lot of posts on how BH is throwing money at coaching to solve their problems but they had to give Abseck that amount to get him to leave. He has been given offers all throughout his tenure at Cedar Park and turned them down. You have no clue how entrenched and loved the Absecks were here. We probably have a smaller community than BH and they were part of it. Our kids grew up together. He coached my boys.  They were celebrities. They are getting what CP and LISD SHOULD have paid him here. Every sporting event for the school, that man was there all year with his family by his side. I think BH got a deal and he will turn that program into a quality program in the next few years.  

2 minutes ago, Lucerostar said:

I don't think it has been a bad year given he walked into your fieldhouse in July, without a spring and had to implement an entirely new program in a month.

I think BH got a deal and he will turn that program into a quality program in the next few years.  

You are exactly right. The BH haters are just going to hate, so thats noting new. I just tune their noise out and support Absek and the team. I have said more times than I can count that this is a transition year for BH, but few of our critics are sophisticated enough to really understand it. BH is in the playoffs (for the moment), and the potential is there for good things in the near future. Absek is going to do fine here. We appreciate your kind words of support. You guys have a fine community there, and we wish CP all the best.     

8 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I find this a very interesting game I believe that BH has the best chance to compete in this game out of the bottom three teams 

I'm going to make the 15 min drive to watch y'all play GP tonight but I'll be watching this one on the phone. I agree with you though, outside of their d-line against FBM's o-line they have the best personnel matchup wise outside of Crosby. Maybe put some red tinted glasses on Holdren tonight and see if he can turn into Superman like he did against us. 

1 hour ago, Lucerostar said:

Thank you!

I don't think it has been a bad year given he walked into your fieldhouse in July, without a spring and had to implement an entirely new program in a month. With that said y'all put more on Crosby than any other team including the ones that beat Crosby. That is no jab at Crosby, they are going to go deep in the playoffs but it gives you a glimpse into the potential for BH. If you all think you were going to State the first year he started, that was a fantasy at best. It takes years to get a program going and to get the community all bought in.

I see a lot of posts on how BH is throwing money at coaching to solve their problems but they had to give Abseck that amount to get him to leave. He has been given offers all throughout his tenure at Cedar Park and turned them down. You have no clue how entrenched and loved the Absecks were here. We probably have a smaller community than BH and they were part of it. Our kids grew up together. He coached my boys.  They were celebrities. They are getting what CP and LISD SHOULD have paid him here. Every sporting event for the school, that man was there all year with his family by his side. I think BH got a deal and he will turn that program into a quality program in the next few years.  

Thanks for the insight! Yeah there was really no expectations this year. Understanding that Rome wasn’t built in a day.  I think the future is bright here at BH.

17 hours ago, dme1111 said:

FBM needs to line up some quality opponents in non district.  Barbers Hill, Nederland, Port Neches, Texas City, Crosby would definitely be undefeated if they played their cake schedule.  I know they are good, very good.  If Barbers Hill can punch them in the mouth early, They definitely have a shot.  FBM has faced no adversity.  They have faced no challenge.  I could see them becoming easily discouraged if BH resists.   I see FBM winning by 14 to 21.  

Shid add Dayton and KP to that. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I'm going to make the 15 min drive to watch y'all play GP tonight but I'll be watching this one on the phone. I agree with you though, outside of their d-line against FBM's o-line they have the best personnel matchup wise outside of Crosby. Maybe put some red tinted glasses on Holdren tonight and see if he can turn into Superman like he did against us. 

I hope he does love to see 12-5a stand strong