Barbers Hill vs FB Marshall

Cougar14.2

Smh, I guess the Eagles said "To heck with the playoffs, if we're going to finish 4th we might as well lace the Jordan's up"? Y'all need to put the purse down because there's no doubt you'll get your arse whipped with that mentality. Y'all don't have any faith that Abseck and company can get y'all together for one night? 

Let's run through the football part of it though. I watched the FBM vs Madison game last night for my own research purposes and came away with the opinion that BH isn't near the underdog they look like on paper. For one, even though it's an away game BH will have more fans than FBM which helps mitigate some of the homefield advantage.

Two, I noticed Chris Marshall didn't play and doesn't look like he registered a statistic since the FB Willowridge game. If he doesn't line up for them Friday that offense isn't nearly as dynamic.  They do have another big receiver that's committed to ULL but he isn't the game-breaker Marshall is. Marshall killed Crosby last year but their offense got more efficient when he got ejected because of that Matthews kid who ended up with 14 catches against us. He's gone too. 

Three, defensively they can be scored on. One thing that always jumps out when you play the M-block is overwhelming speed, which is no different this year but outside of the d-line they're pretty small on that side of the ball. Dixon and Herndon should be able take advantage of the matchups on the outside if given opportunities. 

The FBM team from last year would've dump-trucked BH like they did Nederland but I could make a very good argument that BH is the best team on FBM's schedule to date. Unless BH comes out and lays completely down I'm not seeing a blowout in this one. 

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Smh, I guess the Eagles said "To heck with the playoffs, if we're going to finish 4th we might as well lace the Jordan's up"? Y'all need to put the purse down because there's no doubt you'll get your arse whipped with that mentality. Y'all don't have any faith that Abseck and company can get y'all together for one night? 

Let's run through the football part of it though. I watched the FBM vs Madison game last night for my own research purposes and came away with the opinion that BH isn't near the underdog they look like on paper. For one, even though it's an away game BH will have more fans than FBM which helps mitigate some of the homefield advantage.

Two, I noticed Chris Marshall didn't play and doesn't look like he registered a statistic since the FB Willowridge game. If he doesn't line up for them Friday that offense isn't nearly as dynamic.  They do have another big receiver that's committed to ULL but he isn't the game-breaker Marshall is. Marshall killed Crosby last year but their offense got more efficient when he got ejected because of that Matthews kid who ended up with 14 catches against us. He's gone too. 

Three, defensively they can be scored on. One thing that always jumps out when you play the M-block is overwhelming speed, which is no different this year but outside of the d-line they're pretty small on that side of the ball. Dixon and Herndon should be able take advantage of the matchups on the outside if given opportunities. 

The FBM team from last year would've dump-trucked BH like they did Nederland but I could make a very good argument that BH is the best team on FBM's schedule to date. Unless BH comes out and lays completely down I'm not seeing a blowout in this one. 

I 100% agree with ol 14.2 on this one.  The scientists will jump on here and talk on all the negative points that were pointed above because, well... that's just the way they guy/gal works.   BhFan will take it as a compliment and run with it, and add to

If the hill can come out and play the whole game like they played us the first half they have a standing chance of making it a game and who knows, maybe the beginning to a magical run like the coogs of last year. Will it be easy? No, will most everyone say it will NEVER happen? Yes. The same happened to us last year before and after each game, counted out completely. 

Go out there and give it your all, leave it all on the field. Play it like it's your last because if you don't, and you come out flat, and defeated in your heads before the coin toss it will be a extremely long nite. I am willing to bet that the buffs are allready looking ahead at 2nd round matches/ or even a possible rematch with the coogs, use that to your advantage and jump on em quick. 

I give the hill hell throughout the season but come playoff time ( unlike the scientist ) I will be cheering on all 4 teams from our district! I would nothing more that a rematch with the eagles to settle it once and for all, get out there and get it done.. 

Barbers hill 42

FBM 41

The team hasn’t given up nor do I think they are taking that attitude. The seniors on this team don’t want this to be there last game, so I expect them to come out and lead the team. For the fans the last to games haven’t given us much hope! We will be there to support the team as we do each week, but reality is that we haven’t beat a good team this year. The team that took Crosby to OT has to show up or we’re done. Holdren and Hagler as good as they are can’t take the team to the next round with out support! Receivers have to catch the ball early and often to open the ground game up and the defense will need their best game. Goodluck to all of our district we’re here to support you too with Crosby first Thursday night to set the tone!

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

The team hasn’t given up nor do I think they are taking that attitude. The seniors on this team don’t want this to be there last game, so I expect them to come out and lead the team. For the fans the last to games haven’t given us much hope! We will be there to support the team as we do each week, but reality is that we haven’t beat a good team this year. The team that took Crosby to OT has to show up or we’re done. Holdren and Hagler as good as they are can’t take the team to the next round with out support! Receivers have to catch the ball early and often to open the ground game up and the defense will need their best game. Goodluck to all of our district we’re here to support you too with Crosby first Thursday night to set the tone!

And to add to that, cant turn the ball over. All of the INT's and fumbles have to stop. Need to play clean ball. 

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

First of all BH fan don't know who you are but I wish you would quit talking like you know what's going on! Your comments from this year and heck even the past couple years since I've been on here have been at times ( most times) ridiculous. Almost like you have never played the game. If you don't have a horse in the race quit talking like you know what's  going on other than what you see on Friday night. I can handle other team fans talking crap about our coaches and players but not a so called fan. So be a fan or keep quite. These kids have been put into a difficult situation this year and good or bad they have fought there tails off. As far as the game goes FBM is a very beatable team and we will just play the game and see what happens. But from me and the players and some coaches please keep the negative comments of "your team" to yourself.   

17 minutes ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

First of all BH fan don't know who you are but I wish you would quit talking like you know what's going on! Your comments from this year and heck even the past couple years since I've been on here have been at times ( most times) ridiculous. Almost like you have never played the game. If you don't have a horse in the race quit talking like you know what's  going on other than what you see on Friday night. I can handle other team fans talking crap about our coaches and players but not a so called fan. So be a fan or keep quite. These kids have been put into a difficult situation this year and good or bad they have fought there tails off. As far as the game goes FBM is a very beatable team and we will just play the game and see what happens. But from me and the players and some coaches please keep the negative comments of "your team" to yourself.   

Your right I don’t have a dog in the hunt, but I can comment on what I see. I thought that is what these boards are for. If I have said anything inaccurate feel free to let me know, but I’m not going to pretend just to make someone feel good. Also where have I dogged the players and coaches? I didn’t think my post was bad, but to each their own.

9 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Your right I don’t have a dog in the hunt, but I can comment on what I see. I thought that is what these boards are for. If I have said anything inaccurate feel free to let me know, but I’m not going to pretend just to make someone feel good. Also where have I dogged the players and coaches? I didn’t think my post was bad, but to each their own.

It’s not about making someone feel good it’s about not knowing what your talking about. This was not about a post it was about “posts”. Not saying you can’t write what you want to. But know you level of knowledge and don’t write about stuff you shouldn’t. 

8 minutes ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

It’s not about making someone feel good it’s about not knowing what your talking about. This was not about a post it was about “posts”. Not saying you can’t write what you want to. But know you level of knowledge and don’t write about stuff you shouldn’t. 

Look I’m not a representative of BH nor do I proclaim myself to be a football no it all. I form my opinions from what I see. Since you are in the know then let us know! It would be helpful to understand the situation from someone with the level of knowledge that you have. Again that is the message board when I post something that’s below my level of knowledge correct me.  Anyway I assume your a parent of one of the players and my intent wasn’t to piss anyone off. Hope he and the team has a great game.

1 hour ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

The problem with your post is BHFan is right and most of us know he is, because that is what all of us have seen from them on Friday nights. Your right, he stated he has no connection with the team, so he doesn’t have an unconscious bias to overlook the negatives because he knows a player or coach. He’s just telling it like it is. 

4 hours ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

This is a football message board.  BHFan is doing what we all do.  Share an unprofessional opinion because we can.  You are gonna have to put on your big boy pants if you are gonna stay on here.  He did nothing wrong.  He didn't disrespect the team.  He didn't call out any player or coach.  Get over it!!

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Last years FBM group started 13 sophomores. This time they have much more experience. I think they will be focused and handle business like a team with state aspirations. They might even try to smash BH to send a message to Crosby. 

I only counted 11 sophomores on FB Marshall's entire roster last year and all of them didn't start. They also graduated 18 seniors and only returned 12 starters from last year's team. All the sophomores couldn't have started because they have multiple seniors on the team who started last year and have D1 offers.

The best players on their team last year were the receiver Matthews who graduated, the linebacker Seymour who graduated and Chris Marshall who looks like he's off the team or injured. Preseason write-up from the Fort Bend Herald: 

This is the hidden content, please

35 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I only counted 11 sophomores on FB Marshall's entire roster last year and all of them didn't start. They also graduated 18 seniors and only returned 12 starters from last year's team. All the sophomores couldn't have started because they have multiple seniors on the team who started last year and have D1 offers.

The best players on their team last year were the receiver Matthews who graduated, the linebacker Seymour who graduated and Chris Marshall who looks like he's off the team or injured. Preseason write-up from the Fort Bend Herald: 

The FBM head coach said 13. Maybe they just played and did not all start. But I got the impression that a lot of them did. 

17 hours ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

Y'all are 5-5 with the one of the highest paid coaches in the state and your most talented team in quite a while. The last two week y'all don't even look like you've been prepared to compete. If your coaches can't handle negative comments then y'all probably need some new ones. You don't need to have a horse in the race to understand what you're seeing isn't trending in the right direction. You're telling me after all the years of Crosby football I've watched and research I've done on the team that I can't comment if I don't have a son out there? Come on man. 

What is the difficult situation, the coach getting there late? We didn't really have a coach until May when we hired Prieto in '19 so we didn't have a true offsesaon outside of weights and conditioning. Same situation BH was in making a June hire since you can't practice until August anyway. Maybe you do know more about the kids psyche but if you think going out a throwing up a 7 point effort with everything on the line is "fighting their tails off" then you are probably biased in what you were looking at. 

Maybe your son catches more balls this week, I noticed you didn't comment until he brought up the drops by the receivers. 

29 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

The FBM head coach said 13. Maybe they just played and did not all start. But I got the impression that a lot of them did. 

Looks like only 4 started against Crosby. They had outscored their opponents 626-62 prior to playing Crosby so I would imagine those sophomore played a whole lot just like they did this year. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I was wondering about Marshall because his stats were so low. Their QB as been doing it all through the air and on the ground. Looking forward to the game hope we keep it competitive to the end!

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

I was wondering about Marshall because his stats were so low. Their QB as been doing it all through the air and on the ground. Looking forward to the game hope we keep it competitive to the end!

If I'm Abseck I run Holdren and Hagler at least 40 times combined to help shorten the game. I'm going to take a few shots to Herndon and Dixon but but outside of that I'm not throwing any of those slow developing deep routes against that pass rush and put myself behind the sticks nullifying the run game. Not to mention throwing incompletions that stop the clock and extend the game. They play man coverage and will never get out of it meaning they're very susceptible to getting beat back to the inside if you have personnel capable of doing so and a coach that calls it at optimal times. 

Them being so qb-centric this year is the reason I've been saying they aren't as dynamic as last year. BH has struggled on defense all year but I'm not sure that if you load up against Banks that he can beat you from the pocket, especially without Marshall making circus catches on poorly throw balls. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If I'm Abseck I run Holdren and Hagler at least 40 times combined to help shorten the game. I'm going to take a few shots to Herndon and Dixon but but outside of that I'm not throwing any of those slow developing deep routes against that pass rush and put myself behind the sticks nullifying the run game. Not to mention throwing incompletions that stop the clock and extend the game. They play man coverage and will never get out of it meaning they're very susceptible to getting beat back to the inside if you have personnel capable of doing so and a coach that calls it at optimal times. 

Them being so qb-centric this year is the reason I've been saying they aren't as dynamic as last year. BH has struggled on defense all year but I'm not sure that if you load up against Banks that he can beat you from the pocket, especially without Marshall making circus catches on poorly throw balls. 

What's the word on Chris Marshall?