9-3AD1 vs 103AD1

Setx fan

21 hours ago, longball24 said:

East Chambers should win by 60+

Woodville by 60+

Anahuac by 14

Diboll by 40+

Not sure Woodville wins by 60. Even if we do get a big lead we’ll probably call the dogs off early. Crockett has a couple athletes and history has shown sometimes that’s all it takes to have a shot at Woodville 

On 11/8/2021 at 7:05 PM, longball24 said:

East Chambers should win by 60+

Woodville by 60+

Anahuac by 14

Diboll by 40+

EC hasn't scored 60 all year, and Huntington hasn't allowed 60 all year.  EC has also had some key injuries.  EC by 40.

Woodville hasn't scored 60 all year, and Crockett hasn't allowed 60 all year.  Woodville by 30.

Anahuac is going to be the best team CS has played all year.  I'll be curious to see how this one plays out.  I think it's a 1-score game, but Anahuac has a much better resume.  

Diboll has one good win all year, against another team who's record was inflated by their terrible district.  To put things in perspective, Buna goes 4-2 in that district.  I think Buna gives them a game and loses by a 2-3 scores.  

Just doing a little research, and it's almost comical how weak 9-3A is.  two teams in the district have winning records.  Between those two teams (Coldspring and Diboll), only one of their 14 combined wins was against a winning team (Diboll's win over Coldspring).  Only one of their five combined losses came to a team with a winning record (Coldspring's loss to diboll).  The combined records of the other 4 teams that their losses came to is 15-25.  You could take any team in 10-3A and put them in that district and they'd make the playoffs.  I don't think Coldspring and Diboll are terrible, but I don't have any really proof that they're any good.  I expect three 10-3A teams to advance through, and for Buna to give Diboll a better game than people expect.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Just doing a little research, and it's almost comical how weak 9-3A is.  two teams in the district have winning records.  Between those two teams (Coldspring and Diboll), only one of their 14 combined wins was against a winning team (Diboll's win over Coldspring).  Only one of their five combined losses came to a team with a winning record (Coldspring's loss to diboll).  The combined records of the other 4 teams that their losses came to is 15-25.  You could take any team in 10-3A and put them in that district and they'd make the playoffs.  I don't think Coldspring and Diboll are terrible, but I don't have any really proof that they're any good.  I expect three 10-3A teams to advance through, and for Buna to give Diboll a better game than people expect.  

You may be right about the results of the Diboll/Buna game but I just think you probably can’t make too much of Diboll’s rough start. They had the same type of start last year and didn’t have much trouble against Buna in bi-district. Other than that you shared some good facts 

40 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

You may be right about the results of the Diboll/Buna game but I just think you probably can’t make too much of Diboll’s rough start. They had the same type of start last year and didn’t have much trouble against Buna in bi-district. Other than that you shared some good facts 

I think Diboll will beat buna by 3 scores.  Maybe 4.  I’ll be a little surprised if they beat them by more than that.  I don’t think they’ll struggle, I just don’t see it being a major blowout by 40+.  Buna played their entire pre-district schedule against 4A schools, two of whom are really solid this year (HF and OF).  They lost to woodville by 32 the first game of district, then only lost by 20 to anahuac and 9 to EC.  Those three teams are all in my opinion as good or better than Coldspring and Diboll.  

23 hours ago, bullets13 said:

EC hasn't scored 60 all year, and Huntington hasn't allowed 60 all year.  EC has also had some key injuries.  EC by 40.

Woodville hasn't scored 60 all year, and Crockett hasn't allowed 60 all year.  Woodville by 30.

Anahuac is going to be the best team CS has played all year.  I'll be curious to see how this one plays out.  I think it's a 1-score game, but Anahuac has a much better resume.  

Diboll has one good win all year, against another team who's record was inflated by their terrible district.  To put things in perspective, Buna goes 4-2 in that district.  I think Buna gives them a game and loses by a 2-3 scores.  

I was pretty much on it with EC winning by 45 and Woodville winning by 35, but Diboll made a liar out of me and dang near did beat buna by 60.  I'm curious to see what happens tonight with Anahuac and Coldspring.  Should  be a great game.

On 11/11/2021 at 2:05 PM, bullets13 said:

I also like the fact that even though we shutout your school 14-0 yall almost beat Silsbee and gave them a game.  This season has been very unpredictable to say the least.

On 11/11/2021 at 2:05 PM, bullets13 said:

I don’t think anyone in 9-3A claims to be in a tough district. It is what it is and they can’t control who is paired with them. I expected Crockett to be better this year but I know they will be back to the Crockett we expect soon.

Good research though.